Stupid Guest Tricks

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 190
Joined: Jul Mon 10, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Contact:

Stupid Guest Tricks

Post by ZenMondo » Apr Tue 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Say has anyone ever recited Walt Disney's dedication speech from memory while waiting for the train at the Frontierland/New Orleans Square station, pretending that you were interpreting the Morse code coming from the telegraph?

Or has anyone that KNOWS Morse code, ever started reciting what you were hearing and ended up saying the Dedication speech out loud?

Wyntuck
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 154
Joined: Oct Wed 13, 2010 8:48 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Stupid Guest Tricks

Post by Wyntuck » May Sun 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Regardless, I'm super impressed that you could interpret Morse code! (I never knew that it was his speech, but then I'm not up on much DL trivia)
Interesting!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Stupid Guest Tricks

Post by Amy » May Sun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

That would be a fun trick to try ~ my one brother can interpret Morse code thanks to his scouting days (he's still active as a leader) I never understood how you could make sense of the dots and dashes myself!

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Stupid Guest Tricks

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Mon 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Amy wrote:That would be a fun trick to try ~ my one brother can interpret Morse code thanks to his scouting days (he's still active as a leader) I never understood how you could make sense of the dots and dashes myself!

I would be lost after the 2nd dot or dash :lol: :goofy:
Image

ZenMondo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 190
Joined: Jul Mon 10, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Contact:

Re: Stupid Guest Tricks

Post by ZenMondo » Nov Sun 09, 2014 4:24 am

ZenMondo wrote:Say has anyone ever recited Walt Disney's dedication speech from memory while waiting for the train at the Frontierland/New Orleans Square station, pretending that you were interpreting the Morse code coming from the telegraph?

Or has anyone that KNOWS Morse code, ever started reciting what you were hearing and ended up saying the Dedication speech out loud?
Funnily enough I got to DO THIS. This last month, my fiancee and I treated my best friend to four days at Disneyland (his first visit in 25 years), and he knows what a trivia geek I am. We were sitting in the station and he heard the telegraph clicking away, and he turned to me and said, "alright what is it saying?" and without skipping a beat started reciting, "To all that come to this happy place: Welcome, Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Stupid Guest Tricks

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 09, 2014 7:58 am

ZenMondo wrote:
ZenMondo wrote:Say has anyone ever recited Walt Disney's dedication speech from memory while waiting for the train at the Frontierland/New Orleans Square station, pretending that you were interpreting the Morse code coming from the telegraph?

Or has anyone that KNOWS Morse code, ever started reciting what you were hearing and ended up saying the Dedication speech out loud?
Funnily enough I got to DO THIS. This last month, my fiancee and I treated my best friend to four days at Disneyland (his first visit in 25 years), and he knows what a trivia geek I am. We were sitting in the station and he heard the telegraph clicking away, and he turned to me and said, "alright what is it saying?" and without skipping a beat started reciting, "To all that come to this happy place: Welcome, Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future."
:lol: :lol: Perfect!

Post Reply