Weekend Topic: D23

Movies, TV, music, and more. Here's the place to talk about anything Disney outside of the parks.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 172
Joined: May Fri 17, 2013 11:03 am

Weekend Topic: D23

Post by zhoover » Jul Fri 24, 2015 9:37 am

Seems like next month's D23 is going to be huge in terms of announcements, both inside-the-parks and out. What are you most looking forward to hearing about, is anyone from the forums going, and - if you're not going - how do you plan to follow the convention from home?

For me, it's All-Star-Wars, All-the-Time, but I also hope there's a preview/more details of the new nighttime spectacular at Animal Kingdom.
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 24, 2015 9:44 am

I'm curious about the new nighttime offerings at the Animal Kingdom as well.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Thu 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Chernabog40 and I will be heading to the D23 Expo next week. Yay! :D

I will be doing my best to post updates if you'd like to follow along:

Facebook: /thishappyplace55
Twitter: @happyplace55

Blog:http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com


Alternately, I will be posting updates on the non-Disney parts of our trip on my other blog if you'd like to follow there:

Facebook: /shutterbugstravel
Twitter: @sbugstravel
Instagram: @shutterbugstravel

Blog: http://www.shutterbugstravel.com


We have a lot packed into a few days, so please bear with me on the posting. Thanks!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Yay! Where is the D23 Expo being held this year? Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing all the pictures and reading the blog :goofy_bounce:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Sat 08, 2015 1:57 pm

It's in Anaheim. We will be hitting up DLR the day prior to the start of the Expo, then following the Expo, we will be heading to visit our parents for a couple of days before coming back home. It's going to be crazy busy and we will be exhausted, but it will be totally worth it!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 08, 2015 3:36 pm

MmeLeota wrote:It's in Anaheim. We will be hitting up DLR the day prior to the start of the Expo, then following the Expo, we will be heading to visit our parents for a couple of days before coming back home. It's going to be crazy busy and we will be exhausted, but it will be totally worth it!
Yay! Sounds like a lot of fun :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Sat 08, 2015 5:35 pm

I should also mention:

If you are Facebook friends with me, I likely won't be posting much of anything for the duration of our trip for 2 reasons. 1) Security (yes, I'm a crazy paranoid person who doesn't like to share too much personal stuff on FB) and 2) Cbog40's parents don't know we're coming...nor do they even know we're going to the expo. If they see it on FB, they will get suspicious and start asking questions, thus ruining his well-crafted surprise. (Honestly, I'm impressed that he's held out for so long...secret-keeping is not his strong suit.)

On the other hand, I WILL be posting via the blog and twitter. I'm pretty sure they don't follow either one...I hope.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 08, 2015 7:42 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I should also mention:

If you are Facebook friends with me, I likely won't be posting much of anything for the duration of our trip for 2 reasons. 1) Security (yes, I'm a crazy paranoid person who doesn't like to share too much personal stuff on FB) and 2) Cbog40's parents don't know we're coming...nor do they even know we're going to the expo. If they see it on FB, they will get suspicious and start asking questions, thus ruining his well-crafted surprise. (Honestly, I'm impressed that he's held out for so long...secret-keeping is not his strong suit.)

On the other hand, I WILL be posting via the blog and twitter. I'm pretty sure they don't follow either one...I hope.
A surprise visit ~ cool! You might want to double check that they don't follow either one of the blogs. I hear you on the security on FB thing. Sad world we live in these days. I will have to remember to check the blogs a little more frequently to see the updates :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Tue 15, 2015 5:05 pm

My sincerest apologies for not getting to the blog posts yet. Almost as soon as we got home, we were thrust into another crappy situation...story of our lives, don't you know...and I truly haven't had the time to sit down and write the posts, let alone go through the pictures (but I wanted to share this info here). It always seems to happen. Hopefully this situation will be resolved within the next few weeks and maybe I can finally get to posting. I know all the news stories are old news by now, but I can't wait to share what we do have! :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by Amy » Sep Tue 15, 2015 6:15 pm

MmeLeota wrote:My sincerest apologies for not getting to the blog posts yet. Almost as soon as we got home, we were thrust into another crappy situation...story of our lives, don't you know...and I truly haven't had the time to sit down and write the posts, let alone go through the pictures (but I wanted to share this info here). It always seems to happen. Hopefully this situation will be resolved within the next few weeks and maybe I can finally get to posting. I know all the news stories are old news by now, but I can't wait to share what we do have! :)
It's always fun to hear it firsthand from someone here, rather than just other people online. I hear you on having to deal with real life after vacations ~ never fun. And I will never hold it against anyone for being delayed on their posts/pictures/etc. I have no room to talk there :shock: ;) :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 23, 2015 6:34 am

So we find ourselves in the middle of a move, and right afterward I will be heading home due to family issues, so once again I have to put the blog in hold. Eventually I'll get these posts written...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18524
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weekend Topic: D23

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 23, 2015 6:43 pm

MmeLeota wrote:So we find ourselves in the middle of a move, and right afterward I will be heading home due to family issues, so once again I have to put the blog in hold. Eventually I'll get these posts written...
The blog will always be there ~ something to look forward to! :)

Post Reply