Feedback & Questions about Subsonic Radio
- Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
- Posts: 2833
- Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
- Location: Greenwood, IN
What would be your essential play list? Would you include songs from movies and shows? Just attractions? Live attraction recordings? Full loops?
I think it would be fun to have a little contest. Let's spend the next few weeks, say through the end of December, coming up with our lists and then we can vote on which one is best. A few rules:
- 1. Play lists may not exceed 120 minutes in total playing time. Tracks can only be those listed on the Subsonic Radio website.
2. Each person may submit only one list. However, multiple "edits" can be done using the edit button, until the close of the contest.
3. Appeal to the typical day in WDW or DLR. In other words, don't do something especially for the Halloween or Christmas celebrations.
4. Have your final list submitted by 11:59 pm EST December 31, 2012. Then we can vote the first week in January.
5. Could the winner's play list be played for a day on one of the streams? Moderators? Is this do-able?
Anything we should add or amend? What do you all think?
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016
- Submarine Voyage Captain
- Posts: 6727
- Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
- Location: New Jersey
- 5. Could the winner's play list be played for a day on one of the streams? Moderators? Is this do-able?
In order to try and get something like that done you would probably have to contact rdeacon as he is the one who works on the streams. I would think if it is at all possible the stream it could happen on would be the Scheduled.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"
- Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
- Posts: 2744
- Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm
I will wait to write out my list...but I think the gist of it would be a day at WDW...
So...perhaps some Stacey to start with...then background music of the resort I am staying in (while I wait for the bus/monorail)...followed by the bus/monorail track(s)...then whichever park I choose to attend starting with the entrance music and the attractions in the order I would see them in. After that I would choose a nighttime fireworks show and then the transportation back to the resort.
That would be my guideline for a playlist...as it would make me feel like I am actually there.
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)
- Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
- Posts: 2153
- Joined: Jun Mon 28, 2004 11:50 am
- Location: Winter Springs, FL
Hmmm this isn't a bad idea. Maybe we could get a list from members then pick them at random, and play them on the Scheduled stream. One playlist per week.
Let me think about the details...
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."