Unique First Trip Opportunity

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Jul Wed 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Amy wrote:Ugh, I forgot about the travel. Yeah, hopefully she can sleep or read or watch movies well. My first overseas flight was to London from Minnesota and it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r! It was an overnight flight but I couldn't sleep and I thought I would go bonkers :shock: That was the first flight in my trip around the world though and by the time I flew back from Tokyo to California the flights didn't bother me. Maybe try a longer trip in the car and see how she does?


lol a 7 hour buss ride from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh is too much for her. Granted a flight is not as bumpy... usually.

But really if I have the money and has a visa I think she'll still go but the schedule of things to do isn't set in stone and probably I won't even purchase any tickets until we get there.

Actually a strange thing I found is that the Florida resident prices really don't help out for me. Not only Disney but every other theme park, except KSC. But again if I REALLY was a full time resident, not only for a month out of the year, the annual passes are better but only a month it's not worth it. And with the payment plans makes the annual passes nice.

Before I left for a few years I had both Disney and Universal APs. Made it nice because I knew I'd be at one of two places on the weekends lol.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby Amy » Jul Wed 23, 2014 8:53 pm

aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:Ugh, I forgot about the travel. Yeah, hopefully she can sleep or read or watch movies well. My first overseas flight was to London from Minnesota and it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r! It was an overnight flight but I couldn't sleep and I thought I would go bonkers :shock: That was the first flight in my trip around the world though and by the time I flew back from Tokyo to California the flights didn't bother me. Maybe try a longer trip in the car and see how she does?


lol a 7 hour buss ride from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh is too much for her. Granted a flight is not as bumpy... usually.

But really if I have the money and has a visa I think she'll still go but the schedule of things to do isn't set in stone and probably I won't even purchase any tickets until we get there.

Actually a strange thing I found is that the Florida resident prices really don't help out for me. Not only Disney but every other theme park, except KSC. But again if I REALLY was a full time resident, not only for a month out of the year, the annual passes are better but only a month it's not worth it. And with the payment plans makes the annual passes nice.

Before I left for a few years I had both Disney and Universal APs. Made it nice because I knew I'd be at one of two places on the weekends lol.

I'm surprised the Florida resident pass isn't more economical. I suppose it really doesn't help much on the shorter term trips though ~ I know when I finally move there, I will definitely have an AP for WDW. Not sure about Universal. I haven't been there in a really long time, and there are a few rides I like there, but for the most part, I didn't care for a lot of their shows and attractions. Too many references to shows I'm not familiar with ~ the Simpsons, Harry Potter, etc...
User avatar
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Jul Thu 24, 2014 3:49 am

Amy wrote:I'm surprised the Florida resident pass isn't more economical. I suppose it really doesn't help much on the shorter term trips though ~ I know when I finally move there, I will definitely have an AP for WDW. Not sure about Universal. I haven't been there in a really long time, and there are a few rides I like there, but for the most part, I didn't care for a lot of their shows and attractions. Too many references to shows I'm not familiar with ~ the Simpsons, Harry Potter, etc...


Ya they seem to be only giving discounts on single or long term items, ala APs or a single day. The in between is non existent. But then again if you do more than single days a handful of times the AP is better. Like Seaworld, Universal & Wet and Wild the cut AP is a better deal after 2-3 times. Disney the breaking point seems to be 4 or 5 where the AP is better. Disney always has to one up everyone else lol. So like the Orlando Flex Ticket is by far a deal over Florida Resident prices for the others. Disney is separate of course.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Jan Sat 10, 2015 5:56 am

I'll just update this, unfortunately work never gave me an opportunity to go back home this Oct/Nov. Sucks, I'm in Bahrain on a project that will last a long while so still have to go back get her a Visa and book the trip. Maybe the summer time but really don't want to go, mostly for me haha since she'd be fine because she is used to the heat. Maybe this next fall.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Oct Wed 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Well I'm bumping this thread again. Lol it's been almost 2 years since I started this.

Anyway I'm up to the last few hours before I know if I'll be able to bring my fiancé home to Florida and if I get to take her to Disney. Her appointment at the embassy is in 4 hours. Tired once the beginning of this month but she was denied. Stupid reason but I understand. Our country is one of the few in the world that handles tourist/visitors in a very bad way. I won't get into it here but jeez.

If everything goes good we'll be on a plane next Tuesday, if not it'll be just me lol
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby Amy » Oct Wed 21, 2015 6:21 pm

aboden wrote:Well I'm bumping this thread again. Lol it's been almost 2 years since I started this.

Anyway I'm up to the last few hours before I know if I'll be able to bring my fiancé home to Florida and if I get to take her to Disney. Her appointment at the embassy is in 4 hours. Tired once the beginning of this month but she was denied. Stupid reason but I understand. Our country is one of the few in the world that handles tourist/visitors in a very bad way. I won't get into it here but jeez.

If everything goes good we'll be on a plane next Tuesday, if not it'll be just me lol

Good luck! Know you've been hoping to bring her so she can see WDW :D Fingers crossed for you! :goofy_bounce:
User avatar
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Oct Wed 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Amy wrote:Good luck! Know you've been hoping to bring her so she can see WDW :D Fingers crossed for you! :goofy_bounce:


Thanks Amy! Lol it has been but also I never came home either since I posted so it's been two years. I know she's excited but since she was refused once she hoping for the best but expecting the worse. My mom hasn't been to Disney in years and if my fiancé comes she'll go lol she wants to but no motivation. Well she's in the embassy now so I'll now in an hour or so if I'm booking a flight for 2 or only 1.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby Amy » Oct Wed 21, 2015 8:27 pm

aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:Good luck! Know you've been hoping to bring her so she can see WDW :D Fingers crossed for you! :goofy_bounce:


Thanks Amy! Lol it has been but also I never came home either since I posted so it's been two years. I know she's excited but since she was refused once she hoping for the best but expecting the worse. My mom hasn't been to Disney in years and if my fiancé comes she'll go lol she wants to but no motivation. Well she's in the embassy now so I'll now in an hour or so if I'm booking a flight for 2 or only 1.

I hope she gets approved ~ I'm sure you will have more fun if she can come :)
User avatar
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby cy1229 » Oct Thu 22, 2015 12:38 pm

I would say I'm praying that all goes well but it's after the fact now. So I'm hoping....

So, did it go well? I think our country is stupid about tourists from SE Asia because of the "anchor baby" thing that's happening in California. It should be obvious enough that it's not the case with your fiancee though! Ya think!

Let us know! Don't keep us dangling like this! :lol: :lol: 8-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016
User avatar
cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
 
Posts: 2829
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Oct Fri 23, 2015 2:19 pm

Thanks guys but it didn't go good. Basically they said you don't have enough money and I believe you would stay there. Total $320 spent going to the embassy. So unfortunately she can't go this year but next year will be different, because we'll be married by that time. So they Embassy can KMA lol. I even gave her all the paperwork this time, last time I thought "hey no problem" but I was wrong. The Consular didn't even look at her paperwork. Even though when I talked to the Embassy they said they would review everything she brought.

So blah... another year and I'll update haha
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby Amy » Oct Fri 23, 2015 6:42 pm

aboden wrote:Thanks guys but it didn't go good. Basically they said you don't have enough money and I believe you would stay there. Total $320 spent going to the embassy. So unfortunately she can't go this year but next year will be different, because we'll be married by that time. So they Embassy can KMA lol. I even gave her all the paperwork this time, last time I thought "hey no problem" but I was wrong. The Consular didn't even look at her paperwork. Even though when I talked to the Embassy they said they would review everything she brought.

So blah... another year and I'll update haha

Aw, that's a bummer :( and to spend all that money and still be told no really stinks!! At least you are looking forward to when you are married and she can travel with no problem! Hope you have a safe trip by yourself anyhow. Maybe you can bring her back a nice souvenir :goofy_bounce:
User avatar
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Oct Sat 24, 2015 7:42 am

Amy wrote:Aw, that's a bummer :( and to spend all that money and still be told no really stinks!! At least you are looking forward to when you are married and she can travel with no problem! Hope you have a safe trip by yourself anyhow. Maybe you can bring her back a nice souvenir :goofy_bounce:


Ya it does stink and I could rant and rave about it, which I have lol. But nothing I can do. Just wait till next year. AS far as souvenirs lol I have no idea. Since she had no idea about the park besides what I've told her. I wouldn't know what to get. I'll think of something.
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby Amy » Oct Sat 24, 2015 2:55 pm

aboden wrote:
Amy wrote:Aw, that's a bummer :( and to spend all that money and still be told no really stinks!! At least you are looking forward to when you are married and she can travel with no problem! Hope you have a safe trip by yourself anyhow. Maybe you can bring her back a nice souvenir :goofy_bounce:


Ya it does stink and I could rant and rave about it, which I have lol. But nothing I can do. Just wait till next year. AS far as souvenirs lol I have no idea. Since she had no idea about the park besides what I've told her. I wouldn't know what to get. I'll think of something.

Does she carry a purse? I know a lot of people like the Dooney and Burke park purses, but they are a bit pricey. Maybe a nice pair of Mickey Mouse or Tinkerbell earrings? Or if she has a favorite Disney character, I bet she would love a photo of you with them. That would be an inexpensive souvenir and one you could print out and put on the fridge :)
User avatar
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby aboden » Nov Wed 23, 2016 2:04 pm

I can't believe this is almost 2 years old lol I keep coming back to it. Well it's that time of year and trying again to get her a Visa. This time we are actually married now but it can be a worse problem for her with the Visa Interview.

Here's hoping to finally getting to take here to WDW!
"Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas"
User avatar
aboden
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Aug Tue 05, 2008 1:43 pm
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Re: Unique First Trip Opportunity

Postby Amy » Nov Wed 23, 2016 3:31 pm

aboden wrote:I can't believe this is almost 2 years old lol I keep coming back to it. Well it's that time of year and trying again to get her a Visa. This time we are actually married now but it can be a worse problem for her with the Visa Interview.

Here's hoping to finally getting to take here to WDW!

fingers crossed for you this time around!
User avatar
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

PreviousNext

Return to Walt Disney World Resort

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests

cron