Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1974
Joined: Mar Thu 18, 2004 4:18 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sun 16, 2014 11:56 am

I haven't bought tix from them since the magic band stuff. I'd suspect they give you the ticket or card media and then you need to get the bands from Disney on your first day.

Amy, your friend's sister in law took a big chance with ebay - there are so many ticket scams out there.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.
Image
Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 16, 2014 1:27 pm

horizons1 wrote:I haven't bought tix from them since the magic band stuff. I'd suspect they give you the ticket or card media and then you need to get the bands from Disney on your first day.

Amy, your friend's sister in law took a big chance with ebay - there are so many ticket scams out there.
That's what I thought ~ and she only saved about $20. In my mind it wasn't worth the risk!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Sun 16, 2014 3:04 pm

In the past it probably would have been a greater risk, but with paypal and credit cards, the risk of fraud is much more minimal I would imagine since paypal (for example) almost always sides with the buyer in these kind of transaction disputes.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug Fri 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: N of the 49th

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Feb Sun 16, 2014 9:27 pm

I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist about 6 months ago (just before the price went up) for use on my trip 2 weeks ago. They sent me paper tickets that I was able to link with the Disney My Experience account via the number on the back of the ticket. We were staying onsite and the My Experience account let me customize magic bands that we picked up when we checked it.

Emails I've gotten from Undercover Tourist recently indicate that their tickets are now RFID enabled. I assume that means that they're ready to go at the gate if you're not using a magic band. If you are getting a band they should still be able to be linked with the My Experience site.

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 17, 2014 12:34 pm

All my old media has been added to my MagicBands - we did it in person whilst in FLA last summer. Either at the backdoor to Epcot or at the Concierge at Yacht Club OR at the special MagicBand center that was set up there during the beta testing phase. I vaguely remember having to go to Epcot Customer Service window and getting OLD old media put on a NEW plastic card, and then having the special help people link those to the Magic Band. They had us hold on to the plastic cards in case the band system went strange (they are green generic plastic cards with characters on them - we got Goofy and two Donalds, btw). In fact, on their website, I can "see" the media, but not the specifics. Had to send it all in and wait for the call back - I had 3 non-expire park hoppers and 3 bonus add ons. Those park hoppers were PRIOR to the non-expiration ticket switch, and since they are pre-that date (2006-ish maybe) they were all non-expiring. The bonus add-ons are old, too, and give either water parks or DisneyQuest or golf at the par 3 course.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but, as far as I can tell, anything you still have from whenever can be loaded on those bands. Now, how it tells WHAT to remove from your "inventory" is another question, for another day!
UncleScrooge477

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Mon 24, 2014 10:21 am

Another question - we have multiple ticket types on the MagicBand now. Some single day, one park tickets, and a few never expire park hoppers. Any idea how the system decides which ticket to use when you enter a park? Or is it algorithm based, focusing on how many parks you went into?

Just wondering!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 24, 2014 12:40 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Another question - we have multiple ticket types on the MagicBand now. Some single day, one park tickets, and a few never expire park hoppers. Any idea how the system decides which ticket to use when you enter a park? Or is it algorithm based, focusing on how many parks you went into?

Just wondering!
That is probably something you want to call and talk to someone about. I wonder if they simply took the value of all your tickets and placed the equivalent of tickets on your magic bands? You definitely want to be sure the not expire option is still there!

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Wed 26, 2014 5:58 pm

Yep - they have all the same attributes (park hopper, never expire, etc). Granted, they don't have a picture of Mickey or Minnie on the front, since the bands are just colors, but everything else that was info on the plastic tickets are on the bands.

I am still waiting to hear from the Mouse Himself about how their system decides - i asked!
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 26, 2014 9:44 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Yep - they have all the same attributes (park hopper, never expire, etc). Granted, they don't have a picture of Mickey or Minnie on the front, since the bands are just colors, but everything else that was info on the plastic tickets are on the bands.

I am still waiting to hear from the Mouse Himself about how their system decides - i asked!
Be sure to check back in and let us know what they say ~ I am curious as well! :ccat:

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Feb Thu 27, 2014 11:47 am

Amy - Check! I will prod the mouse again this weekend.
UncleScrooge477

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Fri 28, 2014 10:58 am

Sorry for the delay in my answer regarding Undercover Tourist and linking the tickets to the Magic Bands.

Undercover Tourist is 100% legitimate and I will always trust and use them for my park passes. Right now, I have a link to their site that shows you can get a 5 day park hopper for $341.87 total...which includes tax. That is $45 cheaper than if you bought your tickets from Disney. $45 per person really adds up when you are talking about 2-4 people going on vacation. Combine those savings with a room-only discount or renting DVC...and you are saving between $500-$1,000 right off the bat.

If you want the absolute lowest price on park passes...sign up for the monthly newsletter from http://www.MouseSavers.com . They'll let you know about discount codes and everything.

Anyway...it's already been said on here how you link the "paper" tickets to your Magic Band. You just go online to Disney's site where your vacation is...and click the link to add park tickets. There you can buy them online, or you can choose to link existing passes. Once you input the numbers from the backs of the tickets and link them to the people in your party...you are done. The new tickets are now plastic instead of paper and they have RFID chips in them...so you could still use the tickets for park entry or at FastPass returns if you wanted.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 28, 2014 11:58 am

theBIGyowski wrote:Sorry for the delay in my answer regarding Undercover Tourist and linking the tickets to the Magic Bands.

Undercover Tourist is 100% legitimate and I will always trust and use them for my park passes. Right now, I have a link to their site that shows you can get a 5 day park hopper for $341.87 total...which includes tax. That is $45 cheaper than if you bought your tickets from Disney. $45 per person really adds up when you are talking about 2-4 people going on vacation. Combine those savings with a room-only discount or renting DVC...and you are saving between $500-$1,000 right off the bat.

If you want the absolute lowest price on park passes...sign up for the monthly newsletter from http://www.MouseSavers.com . They'll let you know about discount codes and everything.

Anyway...it's already been said on here how you link the "paper" tickets to your Magic Band. You just go online to Disney's site where your vacation is...and click the link to add park tickets. There you can buy them online, or you can choose to link existing passes. Once you input the numbers from the backs of the tickets and link them to the people in your party...you are done. The new tickets are now plastic instead of paper and they have RFID chips in them...so you could still use the tickets for park entry or at FastPass returns if you wanted.
Thanks ~ $45 is a pretty good savings! Are the new tickets more like a credit card, or the thinner plastic?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Fri 28, 2014 12:08 pm

Amy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:Sorry for the delay in my answer regarding Undercover Tourist and linking the tickets to the Magic Bands.

Undercover Tourist is 100% legitimate and I will always trust and use them for my park passes. Right now, I have a link to their site that shows you can get a 5 day park hopper for $341.87 total...which includes tax. That is $45 cheaper than if you bought your tickets from Disney. $45 per person really adds up when you are talking about 2-4 people going on vacation. Combine those savings with a room-only discount or renting DVC...and you are saving between $500-$1,000 right off the bat.

If you want the absolute lowest price on park passes...sign up for the monthly newsletter from http://www.MouseSavers.com . They'll let you know about discount codes and everything.

Anyway...it's already been said on here how you link the "paper" tickets to your Magic Band. You just go online to Disney's site where your vacation is...and click the link to add park tickets. There you can buy them online, or you can choose to link existing passes. Once you input the numbers from the backs of the tickets and link them to the people in your party...you are done. The new tickets are now plastic instead of paper and they have RFID chips in them...so you could still use the tickets for park entry or at FastPass returns if you wanted.
Thanks ~ $45 is a pretty good savings! Are the new tickets more like a credit card, or the thinner plastic?
I may have to see if we kept our tickets for souvenirs...but I think they were thicker like a credit card. It's the exact same ticket you would get from Disney if you bought your tickets through them and had them mailed to you. As an official ticket broker of WDW and other Orlando attractions, they are able to buy massive quantities of tickets at discounted prices. This is what gives them the ability to sell passes cheaper than Disney. The price I quoted above is actually a 4 day pass...with the 5th day free. That is what DW and I bought...and when it arrived to us it was a 5 day park hopper. So the "5th day free" was really just a promotion from Undercover Tourist that we paid the price they charge for a 4 day pass and got a 5 day pass.

The only time I would pass on them and buy directly from Disney would be getting an AP (since only Disney sells those) or if i was going on a last minute trip and couldn't wait for the park passes to be mailed to me at home. When you combine the room-only discounts and discounted park passes...it's hard to justify spending the money on a MYW package from Disney. It would probably have to include free dining...and I'd need to have a 4-6 people going with me to justify the cost.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 9:07 am

Follow-up...

I heard back from the Mouse today. I had asked how it works if I have single park tickets, park hoppers, etc all loaded on one band. The Holders of Entrance replied:


Dear UNCLESCROOGE477, (I had to change that. Didn't want ya'll to know my name is Bob. Whoops!)

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

When you arrive at the resort, you will need to have them prioritize your tickets on your Magic Bands for you.

Bob, we look forward to your visit and hope it is magical in every way.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.


Sincerely,

Peggy Bishop
eCommerce Sales and Service Team
UncleScrooge477

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6842
Joined: Jun Sun 25, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tn
Contact:

Re: Ticket Prices and FAQ updated anywhere?

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 9:43 am

We have a couple of hoppers from like 2001. They still have two days on them. They are the no expiration date type. Do you think Disney is still gonna honor them?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Post Reply