Snow White Mine Train

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 194
Joined: Feb Fri 25, 2011 9:56 am
Location: Rhode Island

Snow White Mine Train

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Anyone have an idea when the Snow White Mine Train may start doing soft openings?

Hoping it'll be open mid March......
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 2:52 pm

If their history is any indication, the soft openings (if they allow general public in for them) will be like a week or two before the official opening... which does not appear to be listed yet.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by cy1229 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 4:06 pm

The last I heard, and this was a rather long time ago, it wasn't scheduled to be open before March 2014, and probably later than that. I think the first listing was late spring / early summer. But there are so many things that can change that it's not funny.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Disney appears to still be listing it as "Spring" for this year, but I recall hearing Feb as well and the latest articles on it still list only a general date. If they haven't committed to a hard date yet, that may be a sign there is some trouble.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 800
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Fri 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Come on November..... :lol: :goofy:
Image

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 194
Joined: Feb Fri 25, 2011 9:56 am
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 9:10 am

To me this seems to be taking forever. It's been in construction for a bout a year and a half now. It better be good!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 18, 2014 9:29 am

jderoche5 wrote:To me this seems to be taking forever. It's been in construction for a bout a year and a half now. It better be good!
Reminds me a bit of Radiator Springs Racers out in DCA. That seemed to go on forever ~ but what an attraction! Wow!!

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 194
Joined: Feb Fri 25, 2011 9:56 am
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by jderoche5 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 9:38 am

Amy wrote:Reminds me a bit of Radiator Springs Racers out in DCA. That seemed to go on forever ~ but what an attraction! Wow!!
I'm hoping to get back out West to see that soon!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 18, 2014 1:14 pm

jderoche5 wrote:
Amy wrote:Reminds me a bit of Radiator Springs Racers out in DCA. That seemed to go on forever ~ but what an attraction! Wow!!
I'm hoping to get back out West to see that soon!
If you are able, be sure to ride both during the day and at night. It is such a amazing sight at night, but it is fun to see all the detail during the day too :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Though it also makes no sense during winter since you go through the same scene you walked through earlier and find all the holiday decorations made out of body parts are gone. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Though it also makes no sense during winter since you go through the same scene you walked through earlier and find all the holiday decorations made out of body parts are gone. :D
:? Oh, I am sooooo confused! :?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 18, 2014 7:54 pm

The ride goes through the same part of radiator springs that you walk down, but they don't decorate for the holidays. The decorations are made out of car parts, which would be the same as you decorating with lungs, feet, etc.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:The ride goes through the same part of radiator springs that you walk down, but they don't decorate for the holidays. The decorations are made out of car parts, which would be the same as you decorating with lungs, feet, etc.
Ah...yes. The body parts comment makes more sense now ;) :lol:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 800
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by Goofyfan » Jan Sun 19, 2014 9:08 am

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:The ride goes through the same part of radiator springs that you walk down, but they don't decorate for the holidays. The decorations are made out of car parts, which would be the same as you decorating with lungs, feet, etc.
Ah...yes. The body parts comment makes more sense now ;) :lol:

Amy... I was confused also..... :lol: :goofy: Duh!! :goofy:
Image

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: Snow White Mine Train

Post by theBIGyowski » Jan Mon 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Got to see them working in person...and it is really coming along. Still a ways to go...but looking great so far.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Post Reply