Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug Thu 02, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:22 am

My plan of attack when we visit in November is:

1. Brazil - Crispy Pork Belly
2. Hops & Barley - Lobster Roll
3. Canada - Filet
4. Hawaii - Pork Slider
5. Florida Local - Beef Slider

Not sure what I will tackle the next four days.
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 04, 2013 7:28 am

Looks like a good first day Chuckus95 ~ do you plan on sampling any of the accompanying adult beverages as well?

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Wed 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:My plan of attack when we visit in November is:

1. Brazil - Crispy Pork Belly
2. Hops & Barley - Lobster Roll
3. Canada - Filet
4. Hawaii - Pork Slider
5. Florida Local - Beef Slider

Not sure what I will tackle the next four days.
That sounds amazing! I'll also be there in November, so I might have to copy your list! When I was there last year, the filet from Canada was so melt-in-your-mouth delish!
I don't believe I got the Lobster Roll either, but I will def have to remember that! Thank goodness for free dining! :goofy:
Any other food or drinks?!?!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Amy » Sep Wed 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Belle1082 wrote:....Thank goodness for free dining! :goofy: .....
That has to be the best use of free dining ~ eating at Food & Wine!

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug Thu 02, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Thu 19, 2013 7:25 am

Amy wrote:Looks like a good first day Chuckus95 ~ do you plan on sampling any of the accompanying adult beverages as well?
Absolutely!
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 19, 2013 7:26 am

Chuckus95 wrote:
Amy wrote:Looks like a good first day Chuckus95 ~ do you plan on sampling any of the accompanying adult beverages as well?
Absolutely!
:lol: Yay! I'd love to see some photos of food and beverages if you care to share :D

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug Thu 02, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Chuckus95 » Sep Thu 19, 2013 7:40 am

Amy wrote:
Chuckus95 wrote:
Amy wrote:Looks like a good first day Chuckus95 ~ do you plan on sampling any of the accompanying adult beverages as well?
Absolutely!
:lol: Yay! I'd love to see some photos of food and beverages if you care to share :D
I will try to remember to post some when we get back.
Image

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Thu 19, 2013 8:48 am

I also just found this helpful article about maximizing your snack credits!

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/maximi ... ning-plan/

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 39
Joined: Sep Sat 07, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Zillerzap » Sep Fri 20, 2013 2:40 pm

I enjoy the Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada and the Moet in France, but you really can't go wrong with anything. It's all fantastic.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 22, 2013 11:41 am

Anyone else concerned about the kimchi "dog" ...South Korea? :shock: :?
Dannon yogurt...Greece? Really?! If you can get it in any grocer in the US!?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 22, 2013 11:43 am

Sharonofwindham wrote:Anyone else concerned about the kimchi "dog" ...South Korea? :shock: :?
Dannon yogurt...Greece? Really?! If you can get it in any grocer in the US!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: At first I was going to say that the dog is probably a regular hot dog and not made out of kimchi and then I realized why you had dog in quotation marks :shock:
I suppose some will be happy to find Dannon Yogurt as a familiar food, but it does seem sort of uninspired :roll:

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Sep Sun 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Amy wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:Anyone else concerned about the kimchi "dog" ...South Korea? :shock: :?
Dannon yogurt...Greece? Really?! If you can get it in any grocer in the US!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: At first I was going to say that the dog is probably a regular hot dog and not made out of kimchi and then I realized why you had dog in quotation marks :shock:
I suppose some will be happy to find Dannon Yogurt as a familiar food, but it does seem sort of uninspired :roll:
And I'm not stereotyping, they really do consume dogs in that part of the world :( I'm guessing that there will be a lot of people asking some questions at this booth if they don't change the wording, and are more clear as to what this is!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Amy » Sep Sun 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Sharonofwindham wrote:
Amy wrote:
Sharonofwindham wrote:Anyone else concerned about the kimchi "dog" ...South Korea? :shock: :?
Dannon yogurt...Greece? Really?! If you can get it in any grocer in the US!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: At first I was going to say that the dog is probably a regular hot dog and not made out of kimchi and then I realized why you had dog in quotation marks :shock:
I suppose some will be happy to find Dannon Yogurt as a familiar food, but it does seem sort of uninspired :roll:
And I'm not stereotyping, they really do consume dogs in that part of the world :( I'm guessing that there will be a lot of people asking some questions at this booth if they don't change the wording, and are more clear as to what this is!
I don't know if they eat unusual animals as much anymore do they? And don't most of the kiosks have a little blurb about what the food is under the listing on the menu? Yes, I can see there being some concern though...

jderoche5
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 194
Joined: Feb Fri 25, 2011 9:56 am
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by jderoche5 » Sep Mon 23, 2013 9:12 am

I'm excited for have the shrimp tacos and beef empanadas again.

Excited to try Pineapple Frittas and the Scallops!

24 days and counding!
Jessica
Always remember that it was started by a mouse…...

http://instagram.com/jderoche5

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Food and Wine 2013 Most Excited to Taste?

Post by Belle1082 » Sep Tue 24, 2013 11:48 am

jderoche5 wrote:I'm excited for have the shrimp tacos and beef empanadas again.

Excited to try Pineapple Frittas and the Scallops!

24 days and counding!
Scallops?? I'm sold! Where are those?

Post Reply