All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Man banned from WDW for life

Post by kcarts » Jan Mon 28, 2013 4:58 pm

cy1229 wrote:
junebug1233 wrote:I guess I'll have to be the dissenter here. I think everyone is really overreacting. I mean, yeah, if you work at Disney, backstage might not be cool to you. But there are lots of us who don't work there who find it really interesting. Would I ever personally go into an area where I am not supposed to be? Of course not. But seriously, to arrest this guy would be really silly, especially given that he was never given a warning (even if he obviously knew what he was doing was wrong).
I'm going to disagree with your disagreement, at least in part. We have become such a permissive society, that we think everyone should get a warning the first time they do something that is perceived as harmless for the most part. All that does is make laws negotiable. Disney has its areas clearly marked for cast members only, and to ignore those postings is to assume that Disney property, which is privately owned, is open for anyone's amusement. I'm really curious about my neighbor's new finished basement, but I'm pretty sure they'd have a problem with me entering their house without permission, even if the door was unlocked. And they like me.

I don't think an arrest is out of line, but I do think jail time is silly. Community service, or even better, service to the entities wrongly imposed upon, would be a good penalty.

This guy is a worse violator than the dude who made the movie in Disney parks without a permit. While it's probably not true, one could possibly argue that since it's not posted, the movie maker didn't know it wasn't allowed. In the case of our phantom trespasser-come-YouTube star, he knew exactly what he was doing and just didn't give a rip.
Why just this guy? Why not the others? Why haven't those that were with him during this charade been banned for life? People like Leonard Kinsey (a fake name by the way), or Nomeus (yeah, another fake name).... why just this Adam the Woo guy? Me thinks Disney was looking to make an example of someone and they chose him. That's what I don't find to be fair. On top of opinion I don't think what he did was that big of a deal.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/local/177796191.html

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Tue 29, 2013 11:46 am

I think the only reason they took such a hard line with this person was that he put it on the net and it got more traction than the usual video so they were left standing there with their d*ck in their hands.

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by Searlproudbottom » Jan Wed 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Personally
I think banning him for life should be considered Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Sharonofwindham » Jan Wed 30, 2013 6:51 pm

To me there are lots of fun facts about the parks I find interesting, where the carrousel came from, and how it was restored, and lots of others I can't think of right at the moment, but wanting to see how things are run is in a sense a magic killer for me. This guy isn't a true fan of Disney, he seems to just want content for his videos, and to be able to say, "hey, look what I did, cool huh!" ***HOLE is the best way to describe him :x

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 10:53 am

junebug1233 wrote:I guess I'll have to be the dissenter here. I think everyone is really overreacting. I mean, yeah, if you work at Disney, backstage might not be cool to you. But there are lots of us who don't work there who find it really interesting. Would I ever personally go into an area where I am not supposed to be? Of course not. But seriously, to arrest this guy would be really silly, especially given that he was never given a warning (even if he obviously knew what he was doing was wrong).
If people find it so fascinating, they need to click the Apply button on the Disney careers website. :roll:

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Feb Fri 01, 2013 12:55 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
If people find it so fascinating, they need to click the Apply button on the Disney careers website. :roll:

Or pay through the nose for a behind the scenes tour.....

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Though neither of those (though with enough cash they might do the Imagination pavillion) would probably allow you into the areas this guy went to. I can't imagine they just allow workers to wander through areas, though their lacking security (not like there is anything to steal, so there is no reason to have it monitored as heavily) would probably mean you would get away with it too.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Though neither of those (though with enough cash they might do the Imagination pavillion) would probably allow you into the areas this guy went to. I can't imagine they just allow workers to wander through areas, though their lacking security (not like there is anything to steal, so there is no reason to have it monitored as heavily) would probably mean you would get away with it too.
Depends on where you work. As a CM at MK, especially since I am guest relations, I am allowed to see the Castle Suite whenever I want. The Imagination upstairs is actually used for Epcot cast-only events. It all depends on where you work and who you know.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Fri 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Speaking of the Castle Suite...

Is it still used today? I know it was used during the Year of a Million Dreams as a giveaway to chosen families...but is it still used?

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 2:50 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:Speaking of the Castle Suite...

Is it still used today? I know it was used during the Year of a Million Dreams as a giveaway to chosen families...but is it still used?
On giveaway basis only. A few times a month. Disney itself don't even give it away except to cast members in two contests a year. Is contracted out mostly to ABC to use for promotions.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Feb Fri 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Though, going back to earlier, if you did what he did (as a worker) they would probably come at you much harder since you were an employee broadcasting "trade secrets".

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Soarin08 wrote:

On giveaway basis only. A few times a month. Disney itself don't even give it away except to cast members in two contests a year. Is contracted out mostly to ABC to use for promotions.
I've heard a lot of celebrities get to stay there ~ do you know if that is true?
Wizzard419 wrote:Though, going back to earlier, if you did what he did (as a worker) they would probably come at you much harder since you were an employee broadcasting "trade secrets".
And fired immediately I'm sure!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Fri 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:

I've heard a lot of celebrities get to stay there ~ do you know if that is true?
For the right amount of money from what I've heard.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Fri 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:

MadEye wrote:For the right amount of money from what I've heard.
Oh...I would guess it is like a lot of other things and they would get it for free.

MetalRage

Post by MetalRage » Feb Fri 01, 2013 10:32 pm

I agree that he was an idiot for doing this. But, I watched a couple of his videos just now. The video where he went into River Country was interesting to see how it looks now.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"