Disney Tastes

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by Goofyfan » May Thu 31, 2012 9:44 pm

y2kxmaskids wrote:I took my family to WDW last summer. Their first dining experience was in Mexico. The look on their faces when we went in and ate under the volcano - priceless. A cast member was playing the castenettes (sp?) in the shopping area and it added to ambiance. The food was good too. :)


We love Mexico also...especialy when the Mariachi band is playing....Awesome stuff. :D :goofy:
Image

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Fri 01, 2012 8:53 am

y2kxmaskids wrote:I took my family to WDW last summer. Their first dining experience was in Mexico. The look on their faces when we went in and ate under the volcano - priceless. A cast member was playing the castenettes (sp?) in the shopping area and it added to ambiance. The food was good too. :)
Oh man we love that place! Did you guys ride the ride inside? My husband takes pics of the kids in front of the fountain in there. It is so pretty inside that place! One of my favorites!

BattyMcDoom
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 44
Joined: Aug Wed 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by BattyMcDoom » Jun Fri 01, 2012 1:27 pm

This is a tough one.... I have so many favorite Disney foods! The popcorn, Tusker House Fried Chicken, Mama Melrose's Eggplant Parm [so hard to find good, crispy Eggplant Parm out at restaurants usually], Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Mickey Waffles and fruit cups for breakfast, Chipwiches and soft pretzels from Germany. So many awesome Disney tastes!!!

Next time I go back I'm dying to try a Churro, a giant Turkey Leg and Dole Whip!! :mickey:
Image
Walt Disney World Trips - 12
Disneyland Trips - 3
Next Trip - WDW - October - 22 - 26

y2kxmaskids
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Posts: 19
Joined: May Tue 08, 2012 10:20 am

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by y2kxmaskids » Jun Mon 04, 2012 3:11 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
y2kxmaskids wrote:I took my family to WDW last summer. Their first dining experience was in Mexico. The look on their faces when we went in and ate under the volcano - priceless. A cast member was playing the castenettes (sp?) in the shopping area and it added to ambiance. The food was good too. :)
Oh man we love that place! Did you guys ride the ride inside? My husband takes pics of the kids in front of the fountain in there. It is so pretty inside that place! One of my favorites!

Yes, we rode it while waiting for our call that our table was ready. We had watched the Three Cabelleros from Netflix before we went so that made it better.

It was the closest thing to the Blue Bayou from DL. (The boat ride going by the restaurant.) My husband and I had a date at BB long before kids. Good memories...

Tanya

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 04, 2012 5:00 pm

y2kxmaskids wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
y2kxmaskids wrote:I took my family to WDW last summer. Their first dining experience was in Mexico. The look on their faces when we went in and ate under the volcano - priceless. A cast member was playing the castenettes (sp?) in the shopping area and it added to ambiance. The food was good too. :)
Oh man we love that place! Did you guys ride the ride inside? My husband takes pics of the kids in front of the fountain in there. It is so pretty inside that place! One of my favorites!

Yes, we rode it while waiting for our call that our table was ready. We had watched the Three Cabelleros from Netflix before we went so that made it better.

It was the closest thing to the Blue Bayou from DL. (The boat ride going by the restaurant.) My husband and I had a date at BB long before kids. Good memories...

Tanya
Wow watching the Three Caballeros that would have been a great idea before our trip. Reminds me of one time we did watch Swiss Family Robinson before our trip. Yes, love some good memories!

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 137
Joined: Aug Tue 24, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by fancyfeet » Jun Sun 17, 2012 3:29 pm

I'm getting hungry just reading all these! I love Disney popcorn (how could it possibly taste so much better than popcorn at home?), everything at Liberty Tree Tavern, and the meatloaf at 50's Prime Time. Oh! And everything at Ohauna's! Now I'm really hungry!!

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Sun 17, 2012 3:37 pm

fancyfeet wrote:I'm getting hungry just reading all these! I love Disney popcorn (how could it possibly taste so much better than popcorn at home?), everything at Liberty Tree Tavern, and the meatloaf at 50's Prime Time. Oh! And everything at Ohauna's! Now I'm really hungry!!
I see this Liberty Tree Tavern mentioned a lot, but we've never gone. Maybe something new to do next time? :D Oh and Disney popcorn, I love getting the buckets and bringing them home and having them at home to use for watching movies :D

portorleans
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
Posts: 12
Joined: Sep Mon 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by portorleans » Jun Sun 17, 2012 10:10 pm

One of our favorite restaurants (among a list of greats) is Kona Cafe at the Poly. They have great steaks and prime rib.

kellybus
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Posts: 73
Joined: Aug Wed 06, 2008 5:53 am

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by kellybus » Jun Mon 18, 2012 1:14 am

It's hard to pick any one place, they all are so good, except the castle for lunck (yuk). My favorite has to be the Garden Grill and Main street bakery. It's hard to pass up the smells of the bakery anytime of the day. Just wish I had one around the corner from me. :goofy:
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/MOD42/OKW2RL.jpg[/img]

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by cy1229 » Jun Mon 18, 2012 9:00 am

mjmcsl4me wrote:
fancyfeet wrote:I'm getting hungry just reading all these! I love Disney popcorn (how could it possibly taste so much better than popcorn at home?), everything at Liberty Tree Tavern, and the meatloaf at 50's Prime Time. Oh! And everything at Ohauna's! Now I'm really hungry!!
I see this Liberty Tree Tavern mentioned a lot, but we've never gone. Maybe something new to do next time? :D Oh and Disney popcorn, I love getting the buckets and bringing them home and having them at home to use for watching movies :D
My girls and I totally love Liberty Tree Tavern. I think it's the type of food they serve, which is typical traditional American food, with potatoes, roast meats, dressing, green beans, etc. and it's served family-style. It's supposed to be standard "tavern fare" but it's a little more mainstream than what would have been served in an 18th century tavern. :) You might want to give it a go sometime. When we were there in 2008 it was a character meal, and the characters had on Colonial-style costumes. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Mon 18, 2012 9:18 am

cy1229 wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:
fancyfeet wrote:I'm getting hungry just reading all these! I love Disney popcorn (how could it possibly taste so much better than popcorn at home?), everything at Liberty Tree Tavern, and the meatloaf at 50's Prime Time. Oh! And everything at Ohauna's! Now I'm really hungry!!
I see this Liberty Tree Tavern mentioned a lot, but we've never gone. Maybe something new to do next time? :D Oh and Disney popcorn, I love getting the buckets and bringing them home and having them at home to use for watching movies :D
My girls and I totally love Liberty Tree Tavern. I think it's the type of food they serve, which is typical traditional American food, with potatoes, roast meats, dressing, green beans, etc. and it's served family-style. It's supposed to be standard "tavern fare" but it's a little more mainstream than what would have been served in an 18th century tavern. :) You might want to give it a go sometime. When we were there in 2008 it was a character meal, and the characters had on Colonial-style costumes. :)
Oh wow that sounds good! and what a cute idea for the characters to be in Colonial-style costumes! Being a character meal makes me want to try it even more since we usually do the Crystal Palace as a character meal but said this last time we probably wouldn't do it again since we've done it two times, so that sounds like a great option for us! I'm wondering if I've ever payed attention or knew about this restaurant before? Thanks for the info, and it's a good thing I just ate or I would be super hungry reading about all that food! :D

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 357
Joined: Apr Sat 21, 2012 7:18 am
Location: Yorktown,Virginia

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by Thumper1 » Jun Tue 19, 2012 6:19 am

I love Libery tree Tavern!! My daughter,who is an extremely picky eater ate the most she's eaten at wdw when we went there!!They had a dessert called apple crisp cake,which I got the recipe for cause I loved it so much! I'm just too lazy this morning to type it out for you guys or I'd share it.My family wasn't real happy with me when I booked Liberty as a dinner meal but everyone ended up loving it!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 19, 2012 7:18 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:I love Libery tree Tavern!! My daughter,who is an extremely picky eater ate the most she's eaten at wdw when we went there!!They had a dessert called apple crisp cake,which I got the recipe for cause I loved it so much! I'm just too lazy this morning to type it out for you guys or I'd share it.My family wasn't real happy with me when I booked Liberty as a dinner meal but everyone ended up loving it!!
When you feel up to typing it out, or scanning perhaps?, there is a Disney recipes thread :D Here is the link for you... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5546&start=135

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by cy1229 » Jun Tue 19, 2012 10:00 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:I love Libery tree Tavern!! My daughter,who is an extremely picky eater ate the most she's eaten at wdw when we went there!!They had a dessert called apple crisp cake,which I got the recipe for cause I loved it so much! I'm just too lazy this morning to type it out for you guys or I'd share it.My family wasn't real happy with me when I booked Liberty as a dinner meal but everyone ended up loving it!!
MOM knows best!!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Disney Tastes

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Tue 19, 2012 6:22 pm

cy1229 wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:I love Libery tree Tavern!! My daughter,who is an extremely picky eater ate the most she's eaten at wdw when we went there!!They had a dessert called apple crisp cake,which I got the recipe for cause I loved it so much! I'm just too lazy this morning to type it out for you guys or I'd share it.My family wasn't real happy with me when I booked Liberty as a dinner meal but everyone ended up loving it!!
MOM knows best!!!
I'm thinking of the movie Tangled right now...'Mama knows best'! :D

Post Reply