Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Favorite Counter Service @ Epcot

Post by Disneynut » May Wed 11, 2005 5:15 pm

My fav would be Sommerfest in the German pavillion. Bratwurst & Beer anyone? :D

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Wed 11, 2005 9:10 pm

Two favorites, here, love the fish and chips in the UK and I think the cafe in China has some of the best egg rolls I have ever eaten.

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » May Wed 11, 2005 9:24 pm

Arrgghh - tough ones again. Norway [love the frosted pretzels], Mexico, and Japan are all great. Choices, choices. The EU is also nice - but where is the Sunshine Season Food Fair??
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Thu 12, 2005 6:18 am

Boulangerie Patisserie! :D

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 12, 2005 7:53 am

Yakitori House all the way! Love the food and the great atmosphere in the outside dining area, especially at night.
Last edited by kgmadorin on May Thu 12, 2005 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Thu 12, 2005 8:44 am

kgmadorin wrote:Yakatori house all the way! Love the food and the great atmosphere in the outside dining area, especially at night.
We haven't tried the Yakatori house, I thought everything in Japan was sit down.

I do love the Kaki Gori's though, that's the only "fast food" I knew of there.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 12, 2005 8:51 am

jkm8113 wrote: We haven't tried the Yakatori house, I thought everything in Japan was sit down.

I do love the Kaki Gori's though, that's the only "fast food" I knew of there.
Directly behind where they sell the Kaki Gori's and behind the small souvenir shop (on the left side of the pavilion), take a stroll up the hill and you'll find yourself in a quiet little Japanese garden. This is the heavenly realm of the Yakitori House, which is the small building at the top of the hill, and oh what delectable morsels await your purchase! :wink:
Last edited by kgmadorin on May Thu 12, 2005 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards--the things we live by and teach our children--are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings." -- Walter Elias Disney

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Thu 12, 2005 9:20 am

Is it counter service, walk-up order, get your food and then leave or do they have some small tables or places to sit. What kinds of things are on the menu.

I have been up in that garden area, but only when I was on a Segway during the Segway Tour, and you have to pay such close attention to what you are doing that I never noticed a food place.

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 12, 2005 9:37 am

jkm8113 wrote:Is it counter service, walk-up order, get your food and then leave or do they have some small tables or places to sit. What kinds of things are on the menu.
The official WDW web site says: "You are in for an Imperial treat when you visit this replica of a 16th-century Japanese palace for a quick bite. Beef and chicken skewers, noodles and sushi rolls are favorites here."

The building itself has a thatched roof and is modeled after the Shoken-tei in the Kyoto Imperial Villa gardens. It's counter service, with a dozen or so tables available for indoor dining. The rest of the seating is outside, scattered around a Japanese garden. The restrooms are at the back of the garden, and have a reputation for being some of the best in World Showcase.

This is a good representation of what's on the menu at Yakitori House.

Yum, yum! Is it time for lunch yet?

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » May Thu 12, 2005 11:31 pm

Electric Umbrella, they have awesome Food!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Re: Favorite Counter Service @ Epcot

Post by QuickGold » May Fri 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Disneynut wrote:My fav would be Sommerfest in the German pavillion. Bratwurst & Beer anyone? :D
That used to be mine but they dont server the chicken schnitzel there anymore so now it's Morroco.
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

mking624
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mking624 » May Fri 13, 2005 10:17 pm

Cantina de San Angel. My hubby and i loove Mexican food. :)

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Thu 19, 2005 10:06 am

My DH loves the fish and chips place - I don't remember where it is, though. He has to have some atleast once every trip! :D

kgmadorin

Post by kgmadorin » May Thu 19, 2005 11:07 am

lovesdisney44 wrote:My DH loves the fish and chips place - I don't remember where it is, though. He has to have some atleast once every trip! :D
Ahhhh! He's right--the fried fish there is delicious! The stand is in the United Kingdom pavilion, on the left just before the bridge leading to France. Last I remember, it was called Yorkshire County Fish and Chips, but that may have changed recently.

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » May Thu 19, 2005 12:53 pm

[quote="kgmadorin"][quote="lovesdisney44"]My DH loves the fish and chips place - I don't remember where it is, though. He has to have some atleast once every trip! :D[/quote]

Ahhhh! He's right--the fried fish there is delicious! The stand is in the United Kingdom pavilion, on the left just before the bridge leading to France. Last I remember, it was called Yorkshire County Fish and Chips, but that may have changed recently.[/quote]

Thanks kgmadorin - he just loves the fish there. Needs his fair amount of fried fish grease, ya know! :wink: