Which are the best restaurants in Downtown Disney

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Which are the best restaurants in Downtown Disney

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Thu 23, 2012 2:27 pm

I agree about DTD. It is fun to make one trip for shopping or dining, but not really my thing to spend a ton of time there.

One store I DEFINITELY need to hit up is Tren D. It is a boutique type shop with disney and some non disney stuff. I got a necklace from there that I love and I certainly could buy lots more. It is definitely a place where you will get unique disney clothes and merchandise - definitely more on the girlie side though. :-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 23, 2012 8:06 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:those soaps are too cool!! I need these for my bathroom....i've done it in Mickey.See my fb for pix,Amy.
Oh yes, you definitely need them for your bathroom ~ that's cute! I especially love the all black Mickey Mouse head soap dispenser. That's very cool :mickey:
Just be prepared...the soaps are a bit on the pricey side. At least I thought so. The slices are about $6 and up. I believe the prices are based on weight but most of the slices are pretty uniform...I looked for skinny slices! :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Fri 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:those soaps are too cool!! I need these for my bathroom....i've done it in Mickey.See my fb for pix,Amy.
Oh yes, you definitely need them for your bathroom ~ that's cute! I especially love the all black Mickey Mouse head soap dispenser. That's very cool :mickey:
Just be prepared...the soaps are a bit on the pricey side. At least I thought so. The slices are about $6 and up. I believe the prices are based on weight but most of the slices are pretty uniform...I looked for skinny slices! :lol:
Before I read the description as soaps, I thought they were piles of Mickey head gummies! How yummy would that be?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Fri 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Interesting to note that a food truck offering lobster (among other shell fish dishes) for $10 will be on the West Side of DTD this weekend.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/wes ... eekend.htm

Rumors are floating around that this could be a test to see how guests like the idea of a food truck and have a rotation of different types of food from the trucks.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 24, 2012 3:56 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Before I read the description as soaps, I thought they were piles of Mickey head gummies! How yummy would that be?
I'm sure you can get Mickey Mouse gummies packaged under the Goofy Candy Co. name...as for yummy-ness, I would not be the person to ask...I don't care for gummies

MadEye wrote:Interesting to note that a food truck offering lobster (among other shell fish dishes) for $10 will be on the West Side of DTD this weekend.
Rumors are floating around that this could be a test to see how guests like the idea of a food truck and have a rotation of different types of food from the trucks.
This seems weird to me. I know food trucks are popular at the moment, but wouldn't Disney just do it on their own instead of bringing outside vendors in? I wonder if there is more to this than they are sharing....

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Fri 22, 2013 11:44 am

UPDATE: Earl of Sandwhich is changing their menu. I don't know much but what I do know is that the Holiday Turkey is going to be permanent. :P *drools* :P :D
― Dr. Seuss

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Fri 22, 2013 11:46 am

Amy wrote:
MadEye wrote:Interesting to note that a food truck offering lobster (among other shell fish dishes) for $10 will be on the West Side of DTD this weekend.
This seems weird to me. I know food trucks are popular at the moment, but wouldn't Disney just do it on their own instead of bringing outside vendors in? I wonder if there is more to this than they are sharing....
Nothing more has been shared. In the few months after the food trucks came, nothing else happened. Only thing that has changed on West Side since then is that Splitsville has opened.
― Dr. Seuss

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Feb Fri 22, 2013 11:51 am

MadEye wrote:UPDATE: Earl of Sandwhich is changing their menu. I don't know much but what I do know is that the Holiday Turkey is going to be permanent. :P *drools* :P :D
I'm ridiculously excited for this, my friend posted it on Facebook this morning. :mrgreen: This is the CM choice as far as Disney food goes, we pretty much all storm the place for that sandwich.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Feb Fri 22, 2013 12:50 pm

If there's one thing I love, it's tacos....FISH tacos. DTD needs some taco food trucks.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Fri 22, 2013 2:19 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
MadEye wrote:UPDATE: Earl of Sandwhich is changing their menu. I don't know much but what I do know is that the Holiday Turkey is going to be permanent. :P *drools* :P :D
I'm ridiculously excited for this, my friend posted it on Facebook this morning. :mrgreen: This is the CM choice as far as Disney food goes, we pretty much all storm the place for that sandwich.
I agree. I only hope that the new menu doesn't take away any of my favorites.
― Dr. Seuss

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by rphillips14 » Feb Sun 24, 2013 9:38 am

TRex was a great surprise for us during our last trip. The atmosphere is unbelieveable but the food was excellent as well.

Wolfgang Puck is the best Quick Service in Disney!!

I am Sulley
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by I am Sulley » Apr Wed 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Loved Earl of Sandwich when we visited.
Went down to London last weekend and made a special effort to visit the only UK outlet on Ludgate Hill the very road on which it is supposed to have all started.
As lovely as the food was on a cold and windy Easter Monday, we sat there wishing we were somewhere else....... :(
Any guesses?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 03, 2013 3:57 pm

rphillips14 wrote:TRex was a great surprise for us during our last trip. The atmosphere is unbelieveable but the food was excellent as well.
Interesting, I mostly have heard mixed reviews on the food at TRex. We did pop in quickly to see the restaurant itself and it looked pretty cool.
Wolfgang Puck really does have good food ~ and really large portions for a quick service credit!
I am Sulley wrote:Loved Earl of Sandwich when we visited.
Went down to London last weekend and made a special effort to visit the only UK outlet on Ludgate Hill the very road on which it is supposed to have all started.
As lovely as the food was on a cold and windy Easter Monday, we sat there wishing we were somewhere else....... :(
Any guesses?
We really enjoy Earl of Sandwich too :D I suppose it does taste better while you are at WDW ;)

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Apr Wed 03, 2013 4:25 pm

For a quick bite: Earl Of Sandwich and a fine Cigar from Sousa's.....Heavan :D :goofy:

duggett
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by duggett » Apr Wed 03, 2013 6:46 pm

rphillips14 wrote:TRex was a great surprise for us during our last trip. The atmosphere is unbelieveable but the food was excellent as well.

Agree - great quick service - plus a great value if you use the Counter Service from your dining plan - lots of very good food for one counter service chit.