Magic Kingdom Guide Map

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 328
Joined: Jul Tue 01, 2008 9:40 am

Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Brian845 » Aug Wed 31, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi All,

I just got back from Disneyworld, and I decided to hang the park guide maps on the wall for my kids to enjoy and wistfully remember the trip. But I didn't bring home a Magic Kingdom guide map (I've been there often enough not to need one I guess). If anyone is going soon, would you get an MK guide map and mail it to me? PM me if you're willing, and I'll send you our mailing address!

It'd be cool if I could get a large poster sized guide map someplace, but I haven't seen one online.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Brian845 wrote:Hi All,

I just got back from Disneyworld, and I decided to hang the park guide maps on the wall for my kids to enjoy and wistfully remember the trip. But I didn't bring home a Magic Kingdom guide map (I've been there often enough not to need one I guess). If anyone is going soon, would you get an MK guide map and mail it to me? PM me if you're willing, and I'll send you our mailing address!

It'd be cool if I could get a large poster sized guide map someplace, but I haven't seen one online.
You could try Len, they're still down there today I believe. And I think NaCler is heading there soon...

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Posts: 2004
Joined: Sep Tue 18, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Coral Springs, Fl

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by yodiwan1 » Aug Wed 31, 2011 2:15 pm

you can also go on the WDW official website, and they will mail you personalized maps!!! they are beautiful!! you can choose between a character theme, and a pirate theme i think.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"


Image
Image
Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 31, 2011 7:00 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:you can also go on the WDW official website, and they will mail you personalized maps!!! they are beautiful!! you can choose between a character theme, and a pirate theme i think.
Oh yeah! I forgot about those...They are really nice!! Personally I like the classic theme better than the character theme, but you might want the character theme for the kids. I believe you can get new ones every 6 months or so.
Here's the link ~ http://customizedmaps.disney.go.com/

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by NaCler » Aug Wed 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Brian - If you don't want to settle for the free online map, just let me know and I'll try to remember to pick one up for you next weekend. It's no problem at all.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Len90 » Aug Wed 31, 2011 9:32 pm

Taken care of. Pm me your address and I'll mail it out when I get home.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 328
Joined: Jul Tue 01, 2008 9:40 am

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Brian845 » Sep Thu 01, 2011 6:57 am

Len90 wrote:Taken care of. Pm me your address and I'll mail it out when I get home.
Sweet! You're the best Len!

I haven't read up on the trip reports yet, have you seen Monorail Peach? I know I didn't...

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Len90 » Sep Thu 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Brian845 wrote:
Len90 wrote:Taken care of. Pm me your address and I'll mail it out when I get home.
Sweet! You're the best Len!

I haven't read up on the trip reports yet, have you seen Monorail Peach? I know I didn't...
Intentionally got lost back there twice on my two weeks and it was not outside. My thinking is that it is being painted now so it is sitting in the paint bay. When I drove around I was able to catch Monorail Blue in the shop as it was probably getting a day off.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 328
Joined: Jul Tue 01, 2008 9:40 am

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Brian845 » Sep Fri 02, 2011 11:18 am

Len90 wrote:
Brian845 wrote:
Len90 wrote:Taken care of. Pm me your address and I'll mail it out when I get home.
Sweet! You're the best Len!

I haven't read up on the trip reports yet, have you seen Monorail Peach? I know I didn't...
Intentionally got lost back there twice on my two weeks and it was not outside. My thinking is that it is being painted now so it is sitting in the paint bay. When I drove around I was able to catch Monorail Blue in the shop as it was probably getting a day off.
When we got there on the 20th, there was a heavy downpour, and later in the evening we learned that the monorails were not running. They were still not running on Sunday morning, since our bus from the WL stopped at the Grand Floridian on the way to MK, to make up for the slack. Were you there at that point? Any ideas what happened?

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 394
Joined: Aug Tue 02, 2005 3:08 pm
Location: IL
Contact:

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by MouseMan » Sep Fri 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I framed and hung on our basement family room wall the customized map of wdw you can order. It comes with your family name and looks really nice. I only did the full wdw map, but if you ordered two sets (have to wait 6 months between) you could frame all of the parks too.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Len90 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Brian845 wrote: When we got there on the 20th, there was a heavy downpour, and later in the evening we learned that the monorails were not running. They were still not running on Sunday morning, since our bus from the WL stopped at the Grand Floridian on the way to MK, to make up for the slack. Were you there at that point? Any ideas what happened?
I really don't remember too much but I know on our arrival night the 19th it rained pretty bad. Monorails continued to run but were traveling very slowly and had a different color light flashing on the back that I didn't recall seeing before. On the 20th we were off property for most of the day and went to the Studios that evening/night. We never hit any rain but there were threatening skies.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 7:20 pm

If you need any more maps I'm going down next Friday! :)
Image

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by Len90 » Sep Sun 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Soarin08 wrote:If you need any more maps I'm going down next Friday! :)
If you are a serious guide map person, be on the lookout for two different EPCOT maps. One with Test Track and the other with SSE and monorail gold.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

rphillips14
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 385
Joined: Nov Fri 13, 2009 7:05 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by rphillips14 » Sep Mon 05, 2011 7:06 am

We have the web-site maps hanging on our walls and have since the spring.
Image

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 555
Joined: Mar Tue 20, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Our Fair City Boston MA

Re: Magic Kingdom Guide Map

Post by jcodirewolf » Sep Tue 06, 2011 12:33 pm

I would PAY to get the free maps you can get off the website mailed to me ROLLED.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

Post Reply