What does WDW mean to you?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 195
Joined: Oct Wed 03, 2007 10:44 am
Location: Tamarac,FL
Contact:

What does WDW mean to you?

Post by dwellsbct » Aug Thu 04, 2011 6:01 am

When you think of WDW what comes to mind? Crowds of screaming kids and long lines? Parades and shows? Fireworks? Magic?
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

dwellsbct
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 195
Joined: Oct Wed 03, 2007 10:44 am
Location: Tamarac,FL
Contact:

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by dwellsbct » Aug Thu 04, 2011 6:07 am

OK I'll answer my own post :D
When I think of WDW, I first think of escaping from reality from my day to day worries. I think of the beauty of each park and all the new things to discover. No matter how often I go I always see something I never saw before. I think of the magic the place held when I was a kid and realize now that I'm a 40 something "adult" ...I'm still amazed by the magic even though I understand how they to some of it. WDW is not just a theme park or even a collection of theme parks... it really is a world of it's own, and I LOVE it!! Now that I am married and proposed to my then girlfriend who is now my wife at WDW she thinks it's a magical place as well!!
:goofy_bounce:
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
W.Disney

ericpabear
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 467
Joined: Feb Tue 22, 2005 4:05 pm

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by ericpabear » Aug Thu 04, 2011 5:51 pm

Happiness, Love, joy, fun, Food.
H is for happiness, I am at the happiest place on earth.
L is for love, I am with my family.
J is for joy, I am not at work.
F is for fun, I am fix'n to ride some rides.
F (again) this time for Food, WELL what can I say.
Put them all together and they spell HLJFF ???? :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 04, 2011 6:14 pm

ericpabear wrote:Happiness, Love, joy, fun, Food.
H is for happiness, I am at the happiest place on earth.
L is for love, I am with my family.
J is for joy, I am not at work.
F is for fun, I am fix'n to ride some rides.
F (again) this time for Food, WELL what can I say.
Put them all together and they spell HLJFF ???? :shock:
:lol: Oh my...maybe you need to work on your speeling? ;)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5143
Joined: Sep Sun 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Valparaiso IN

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Thu 04, 2011 8:57 pm

WDW to me is pure happiness! My love for the Mouse started at a young age of 3. I love it b/c I have such happy memories as a child there, fell in love with my now husband there, honeymooned there, have run wonderful races there...it's more than a theme park, it's the history and the imaginEARing that goes into everything. I love every detail about WDW! It is and always will be my Happy Place! You can forget every care in the world and be a kid again.
Image
Image

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Fri 05, 2011 1:43 am

WDW is my escape. I'm serious. I have a hard time with certain things in my personal life yet when I'm at WDW... nothing exists but that place and the people in it with me (CMs, not other guests!). My greatest memories happened here. This is my true home.
Image

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Aug Sat 06, 2011 8:11 pm

dwellsbct wrote:OK I'll answer my own post :D
When I think of WDW, I first think of escaping from reality from my day to day worries. I think of the beauty of each park and all the new things to discover. No matter how often I go I always see something I never saw before. I think of the magic the place held when I was a kid and realize now that I'm a 40 something "adult" ...I'm still amazed by the magic even though I understand how they to some of it. WDW is not just a theme park or even a collection of theme parks... it really is a world of it's own, and I LOVE it!! Now that I am married and proposed to my then girlfriend who is now my wife at WDW she thinks it's a magical place as well!!
:goofy_bounce:
Couldn't have said it better my self :mickey3: . And your wife is very lucky to have found a WDW fan such as yourself to spend her life with. I think of the wonderful memories you will create at the greatest escape on earth, and boy do we need it, now more than ever :goofy_bounce: .

flyer32
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Jun Mon 20, 2011 11:22 am

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by flyer32 » Aug Fri 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Ooohhhhh so many things run through this brain of mine when I think of WDW (and DLR too). I love the parades, even making my travel companions watch them even if they dont want to haha. The shows....Fantasmic, FotLK, even Nemo. The rides, the ambiance...everything....even the hotels. It's all a magical feeling!!!
Image

Satchel T
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 241
Joined: Jan Sat 12, 2008 12:21 am

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Satchel T » Aug Sat 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Simple ... It means escape. They do such an incredible job of truly putting you in another world while you're there. My family has a rule... as we drive under the "Where Dreams Come True" arch we leave everything else behind. No talking about problems, work, what's coming up, planning, etc. It's Disney time. My life has been very stressful this past year, more so than I ever thought I'd ever have to deal with, nothing I could have imagined. But I know in 2 weeks when I enter Disney World, all of that will be left behind, and my hope is I'll have 7 days of therapy that will me get back in a better state of thinking. Prayers please.

Satchel T
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 241
Joined: Jan Sat 12, 2008 12:21 am

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Satchel T » Aug Sat 20, 2011 1:29 pm

flyer32 wrote:Ooohhhhh so many things run through this brain of mine when I think of WDW (and DLR too). I love the parades, even making my travel companions watch them even if they dont want to haha. The shows....Fantasmic, FotLK, even Nemo. The rides, the ambiance...everything....even the hotels. It's all a magical feeling!!!
Right there with ya. My wife isn't a big parades gal but this year I'm forcing her to watch Main Street Electrical Parade!!

Satchel T
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 241
Joined: Jan Sat 12, 2008 12:21 am

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Satchel T » Aug Sat 20, 2011 1:31 pm

boilerbabe wrote:WDW to me is pure happiness! My love for the Mouse started at a young age of 3. I love it b/c I have such happy memories as a child there, fell in love with my now husband there, honeymooned there, have run wonderful races there...it's more than a theme park, it's the history and the imaginEARing that goes into everything. I love every detail about WDW! It is and always will be my Happy Place! You can forget every care in the world and be a kid again.

Pure Happiness is absolutely the best description ... I feel like a kid every time I walk inside one of the parks, heck even my hotel!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Satchel T wrote:Simple ... It means escape. They do such an incredible job of truly putting you in another world while you're there. My family has a rule... as we drive under the "Where Dreams Come True" arch we leave everything else behind. No talking about problems, work, what's coming up, planning, etc. It's Disney time. My life has been very stressful this past year, more so than I ever thought I'd ever have to deal with, nothing I could have imagined. But I know in 2 weeks when I enter Disney World, all of that will be left behind, and my hope is I'll have 7 days of therapy that will me get back in a better state of thinking. Prayers please.
I hope your vacation can be a positive turning point for you!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5143
Joined: Sep Sun 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Valparaiso IN

Re: What does WDW mean to you?

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 20, 2011 11:46 pm

Hoping your WDW vacation is the therapy you need Satchel T! :D
Image
Image

Post Reply