Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which Country in the World Showcase is your Favorite?

Mexico
17
28%
Norway
11
18%
China
2
3%
Germany
5
8%
Italy
1
2%
The American Adventure
4
7%
Japan
7
11%
Morocco
3
5%
France
4
7%
United Kingdom
4
7%
Canada
3
5%
 
Total votes: 61

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 14, 2011 5:05 pm

What about France? The film and its music. The food. The wine. Ah, tres bonne!

leblanan
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 303
Joined: Aug Tue 19, 2008 12:40 pm

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by leblanan » May Sat 14, 2011 5:10 pm

I do love france, especially the movie, and the American Adventure is a great show, but my vote is Mexico, the the outdoor marketplace and restaurant at night environment is just so immersive and fun.
"now, bring me that horizon"

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by figmentaholic » May Sat 14, 2011 5:12 pm

mindflipper wrote:What about France? The film and its music. The food. The wine. Ah, tres bonne!


Mmm.. Impressions de France is nice, but other than that, there isn't much there that interests me. And I don't have to watch that every year.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by Amy » May Sat 14, 2011 10:25 pm

mindflipper wrote:What about France? The film and its music. The food. The wine. Ah, tres bonne!
Sadly we didn't see the film in France this year. But I was really pleased with the shots I took of the fountains outside at night. They were really beautiful when they were all lit up...as opposed to the night they were turned off due to the freezing weather :(

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1209
Joined: May Tue 29, 2007 2:42 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by kcarts » May Sun 15, 2011 7:22 am

I've got to go with England. The Rose and Crown. Fish and chips. We usually stay at the Boardwalk and enter through the International Gateway so England is the first thing I see in the parks when I return to WDW, so it will always have a soft spot in my heart! :D

bravetaylor
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 35
Joined: May Tue 20, 2008 7:12 am

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by bravetaylor » May Sun 15, 2011 10:40 am

France is considered one of the most authentic recreations. It has such great music looping in the area. The soundtrack to the film is one of the finest. Naturally sitting way back near the Patisserie drinking coffee is like forgetting your at disney but I just don't find I can spend as much time there before I exhaust all there is to see like in Japan, Norway, or China.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by mindflipper » May Sun 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I do love the film in China. Even the upgraded film is still breathtaking (even though I miss the original narrator, Keye Luke)...

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by figmentaholic » May Sun 15, 2011 8:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:I do love the film in China. Even the upgraded film is still breathtaking (even though I miss the original narrator, Keye Luke)...

Yes, I love Wonders of China, but my favorite of the Showcase films has to be O Canada! I love Martin Short, and I like that it is humorous but still retains it charm.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 811
Joined: Jun Fri 23, 2006 4:46 pm

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by Croaker » May Sun 15, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm seeing the voting and i'm wondering if i missed Mexico. cause its not a homerun in sense of great pavillions. ok ok wait let me reword what i said before i'm treated like a pinata. lol drinks yes, food yes, pyramid...sure. but i guess its the fact that i live out west that Mexico does not ring true as a wonderful atmosphere. perhaps i'm looking at it wrong. perhaps i should see it as Epcot's Mexico is what we like as opposed to Juarez. i'll be back...i need to round up some German fans to get in here.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6842
Joined: Jun Sun 25, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tn
Contact:

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 16, 2011 12:41 am

Croaker wrote:I'm seeing the voting and i'm wondering if i missed Mexico. cause its not a homerun in sense of great pavillions. ok ok wait let me reword what i said before i'm treated like a pinata. lol drinks yes, food yes, pyramid...sure. but i guess its the fact that i live out west that Mexico does not ring true as a wonderful atmosphere. perhaps i'm looking at it wrong. perhaps i should see it as Epcot's Mexico is what we like as opposed to Juarez. i'll be back...i need to round up some German fans to get in here.
Remember when going to Germany it's two lefts and the third Reich.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by figmentaholic » May Mon 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Croaker wrote:I'm seeing the voting and i'm wondering if i missed Mexico. cause its not a homerun in sense of great pavillions. ok ok wait let me reword what i said before i'm treated like a pinata. lol drinks yes, food yes, pyramid...sure. but i guess its the fact that i live out west that Mexico does not ring true as a wonderful atmosphere. perhaps i'm looking at it wrong. perhaps i should see it as Epcot's Mexico is what we like as opposed to Juarez. i'll be back...i need to round up some German fans to get in here.
Remember when going to Germany it's two lefts and the third Reich.


*FACEPALM*
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6842
Joined: Jun Sun 25, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tn
Contact:

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 16, 2011 1:20 pm

figmentaholic wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:
Croaker wrote:I'm seeing the voting and i'm wondering if i missed Mexico. cause its not a homerun in sense of great pavillions. ok ok wait let me reword what i said before i'm treated like a pinata. lol drinks yes, food yes, pyramid...sure. but i guess its the fact that i live out west that Mexico does not ring true as a wonderful atmosphere. perhaps i'm looking at it wrong. perhaps i should see it as Epcot's Mexico is what we like as opposed to Juarez. i'll be back...i need to round up some German fans to get in here.
Remember when going to Germany it's two lefts and the third Reich.


*FACEPALM*
Actually that was a quote from an English sports writer during the world cup a few years ago. He was giving British fans at a Germain hotel direction from the hotel to the closes pub.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by figmentaholic » May Mon 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: Actually that was a quote from an English sports writer during the world cup a few years ago. He was giving British fans at a Germain hotel direction from the hotel to the closes pub.


LOL not very PC but still pretty funny. I shouldn't laugh but I am.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Oct Tue 21, 2008 7:55 am
Location: Gainesville, FL
Contact:

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by Future Guy » May Tue 17, 2011 10:16 am

I love the interior of the Mexican pavilion. It's one of my favorite places at WDW; I just wish it was a bit less crowded and that there was a bench or something where you could sit down and soak in the ambience. I also love China, Morocco, France, Japan, and the UK.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Favorite World Showcase Pavillions

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Good, I was looking for a thread like this...

Don't ask me, you all know the answer... :mrgreen: Even my icon is a tribute (I sorta ripped it off the Disney parks blog after the royal wedding). The UK, of course. I've always spent a lot of time there but it sort of escalated this winter... :wink:

Second after THAT is Germany. I think it's got a lot to do with my heritage (I'm about 75% British/25% German). At least, that's my excuse.

But it's hard to choose regardless because food-wise, there's too many options (save for America, what a waste of space... they could put the American Adventure in place of Hall of Presidents and open another country in WS).
Last edited by Soarin08 on Jul Sun 17, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Post Reply