Favorite Park Music

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Favorite Park for music?

Magic Kingdom
13
18%
Epcot
47
66%
Disney's Hollywood Studios
5
7%
Disney's Animal Kingdom
6
8%
 
Total votes: 71

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 473
Joined: Aug Sun 16, 2009 6:51 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Tue 21, 2012 8:20 am

Hey, how come resorts aren't an option? ;)

I really like the tunes that play in the morning on the resort tv. Subsonic has a few but another disney radio/stream station has the whole loop & sometimes I listen to that in the mornings.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 21, 2012 9:18 am

disneylizzy wrote:Hey, how come resorts aren't an option? ;)

I really like the tunes that play in the morning on the resort tv. Subsonic has a few but another disney radio/stream station has the whole loop & sometimes I listen to that in the mornings.
Does that ever set you up for disappointment though ~ listening to the resort tv loop in the morning, then finding when you step outside your door, you aren't headed to the parks?! ;)

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 233
Joined: Jul Thu 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by lonepalm » Feb Tue 21, 2012 11:01 am

disneylizzy wrote:Hey, how come resorts aren't an option? ;)

I really like the tunes that play in the morning on the resort tv. Subsonic has a few but another disney radio/stream station has the whole loop & sometimes I listen to that in the mornings.
Well, technically the question is favorite PARK music, but I should have expanded it to favorite WDW music!!! There are some great Resort tracks, but Epcot will never be bested in my opinion!
Image

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 473
Joined: Aug Sun 16, 2009 6:51 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Wed 22, 2012 8:57 am

Amy wrote:
disneylizzy wrote:Hey, how come resorts aren't an option? ;)

I really like the tunes that play in the morning on the resort tv. Subsonic has a few but another disney radio/stream station has the whole loop & sometimes I listen to that in the mornings.
Does that ever set you up for disappointment though ~ listening to the resort tv loop in the morning, then finding when you step outside your door, you aren't headed to the parks?! ;)
It does make me wish I was at Disney about to head to the parks! But it also brings back happy memories & good feelings b/c when I heard that music the first time, I was feeling very happy about being at Disney...it still puts me in a good mood to start the day.

ExDisneyTech
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Posts: 23
Joined: May Tue 13, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by ExDisneyTech » Mar Sat 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Favorite parks music - EPCOT, specifically the 1982 BGM loop at the entrance.
Favorite resorts music - Wilderness Lodge.
Other favorites - "Broadway at the Top" - Top of the World lounge at the Contemporary - early 80's and the BGM at Downtown Disney circa 2001. (I produced the 5 hour loop).

Oops... forgot. Favorite parade - TenCennial.
Last edited by ExDisneyTech on Mar Sat 10, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 3:42 pm

ExDisneyTech wrote:Favorite parks music - EPCOT, specifically the 1982 BGM loop at the entrance.
Favorite resorts music - Wilderness Lodge.
Other favorites - "Broadway at the Top" - Top of the World lounge at the Contemporary - early 80's and the BGM at Downtown Disney circa 2001. (I produced the 5 hour loop).
A 5 hour loop? That would be nice for the CMs working there!

ExDisneyTech
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Posts: 23
Joined: May Tue 13, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by ExDisneyTech » Mar Sat 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Amy wrote:
ExDisneyTech wrote:Favorite parks music - EPCOT, specifically the 1982 BGM loop at the entrance.
Favorite resorts music - Wilderness Lodge.
Other favorites - "Broadway at the Top" - Top of the World lounge at the Contemporary - early 80's and the BGM at Downtown Disney circa 2001. (I produced the 5 hour loop).
A 5 hour loop? That would be nice for the CMs working there!
Well... I also produced the "Candy Cauldron" BGM when that opened. Only a twelve minute loop. I felt bad for the CMs there!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 4:18 pm

ExDisneyTech wrote:
Amy wrote:
ExDisneyTech wrote:Favorite parks music - EPCOT, specifically the 1982 BGM loop at the entrance.
Favorite resorts music - Wilderness Lodge.
Other favorites - "Broadway at the Top" - Top of the World lounge at the Contemporary - early 80's and the BGM at Downtown Disney circa 2001. (I produced the 5 hour loop).
A 5 hour loop? That would be nice for the CMs working there!
Well... I also produced the "Candy Cauldron" BGM when that opened. Only a twelve minute loop. I felt bad for the CMs there!
I imagine they end up being able to tune it out for sanity purposes, but still :shock:
That is awesome that you were involved with the creation of some of the music! That was a dream of mine once upon a time ~ composing something for Disney. Ahhhh, maybe someday :D

ExDisneyTech
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Posts: 23
Joined: May Tue 13, 2008 3:51 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by ExDisneyTech » Mar Sat 10, 2012 5:26 pm

Amy wrote:
ExDisneyTech wrote:
Amy wrote: A 5 hour loop? That would be nice for the CMs working there!
Well... I also produced the "Candy Cauldron" BGM when that opened. Only a twelve minute loop. I felt bad for the CMs there!
I imagine they end up being able to tune it out for sanity purposes, but still :shock:
That is awesome that you were involved with the creation of some of the music! That was a dream of mine once upon a time ~ composing something for Disney. Ahhhh, maybe someday :D
I didn't actually compose. More like assemble. The Candy Cauldron was a fun assignment, though. I went to DACS at MK and downloaded BGM, sound effects, and vocals from Snow White to use in the production. And, of course, I had to ride the ride a number of times!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 10, 2012 6:02 pm

ExDisneyTech wrote:I didn't actually compose. More like assemble. The Candy Cauldron was a fun assignment, though. I went to DACS at MK and downloaded BGM, sound effects, and vocals from Snow White to use in the production. And, of course, I had to ride the ride a number of times!!
Even assembling the music would be pretty cool. And any chance to go to DACS is awesome! That was nice of you to sacrifice yourself and experience the attraction over and over for the good of your work ;) :lol:

kelato89
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 38
Joined: Mar Tue 20, 2012 9:22 am

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by kelato89 » Jun Mon 04, 2012 6:49 pm

Futureworld in Epcot and Tomorrowland

fancyfeet
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 137
Joined: Aug Tue 24, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by fancyfeet » Jun Sun 17, 2012 3:17 pm

I always perk up when I hear music from Tomorrowland at MK and from Innovations/Fountain of Nations at Epcot. My top favorite though is Mama from Animal Kingdom Lodge. I must not be the only one because every time I go to request it, it's already been played. I also love the Magical Express Background Loop and all the Entrance Loops. I need some more points to be able to request ME loop though. I can't wait to go back to WDW in September and hear the music "live and in person" !!

BenB
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 167
Joined: Oct Tue 21, 2008 8:57 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by BenB » Jun Mon 18, 2012 12:02 am

Epcot. I like the music in MK too, but hearing the Epcot park music immediately brings me back.
Hoping to go back to the Magic soon.

lonepalm
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 233
Joined: Jul Thu 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by lonepalm » Jun Mon 18, 2012 7:35 am

Epcot is far and away the winner here! Epcot music (according to the votes) crushes all the others!
Image

Proud bandwidth donor to Subsonic Radio!

Check out disneyparksinfo.com and wdwthemeparks.com!

Mr.ToadWildRider
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1178
Joined: Apr Thu 13, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: No where in particular (okay...Massachusetts)

Re: Favorite Park Music

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Mon 18, 2012 8:33 am

I voted Epcot but it only narrowly edged out DHS. I really like the old jazz music they play on Sunset/Hollywood and I like Aerosmith...the rest of DHS though is meh.

Post Reply