Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18485
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 13, 2011 4:29 pm

csquare77 wrote:Going in September, hopefully they don't change. I have seen people using really old ones. The "fat" type mug one's. Now that's kinda pushing it. LOL
We saw people with those mugs this time at the All Star resorts. No one said anything to them.

csquare77
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 615
Joined: Sep Sat 02, 2006 9:35 am
Location: America's Home Town Massachusetts
Contact:

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by csquare77 » Feb Sun 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah I'm sure they don't want to cause a scene over a 2 cent drink.

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 216
Joined: May Fri 28, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by nicklesm17 » Feb Sun 27, 2011 11:52 am

oh boy, great news, the new mugs are here: http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/02/26/ ... ney-world/ all kidding aside, these new mugs actually look kinda good. i think we'll be buying some this fall. i still wish they had resort specific, but at least this new design shows some non-generic thought w/ a hint of disney fun, it's about time.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18485
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 27, 2011 12:03 pm

nicklesm17 wrote:oh boy, great news, the new mugs are here: http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/02/26/ ... ney-world/ all kidding aside, these new mugs actually look kinda good. i think we'll be buying some this fall. i still wish they had resort specific, but at least this new design shows some non-generic thought w/ a hint of disney fun, it's about time.
I like the new colors ~ they are bright.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Amy wrote:
nicklesm17 wrote:oh boy, great news, the new mugs are here: http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/02/26/ ... ney-world/ all kidding aside, these new mugs actually look kinda good. i think we'll be buying some this fall. i still wish they had resort specific, but at least this new design shows some non-generic thought w/ a hint of disney fun, it's about time.
I like the new colors ~ they are bright.
So bright you need shades. 8-)

They look a little like a cross between the old Poly and Beach Club mugs, but in Caribbean Beach colors.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 437
Joined: Apr Fri 04, 2008 10:15 am
Location: New England

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Sun 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Grr they couldn't have waited just another week to do that??

Although, I do like them. :)

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 27, 2011 4:01 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:Grr they couldn't have waited just another week to do that??

Although, I do like them. :)
I've read that they're rolling them out, starting at the Pop. I'd bring your old one in case the new ones haven't been brought out at your resort yet. You never know. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18485
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 27, 2011 4:10 pm

momeja wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:Grr they couldn't have waited just another week to do that??

Although, I do like them. :)
I've read that they're rolling them out, starting at the Pop. I'd bring your old one in case the new ones haven't been brought out at your resort yet. You never know. :wink:
Yeah, that is what I would suggest also. Plus, we saw people with the old style, big round mugs when we were there in December and no one said anything to them...

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 437
Joined: Apr Fri 04, 2008 10:15 am
Location: New England

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Sun 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:Grr they couldn't have waited just another week to do that??

Although, I do like them. :)
I've read that they're rolling them out, starting at the Pop. I'd bring your old one in case the new ones haven't been brought out at your resort yet. You never know. :wink:
Yeah, that is what I would suggest also. Plus, we saw people with the old style, big round mugs when we were there in December and no one said anything to them...

I was going to lend mine to a co-worker. She is only going for two days so it is not worth her buying them. She is staying at the Pop of course. :lol: I will still let her take them if she wants.

nicklesm17
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 216
Joined: May Fri 28, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by nicklesm17 » Feb Sun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

i'll also be interested to hear if anyone encounters "mug enforcement", now that they have billboard size warnings about single trip use. don't be intimidated! walk in there w/ your old mug like it's a badge of validation! maybe that's too bold...well anyway, don't skulk around w/ it like a spineless coward! aaarrggghhh! i expect all you old mugger's to update this blog w/ your experience on your upcoming trip (that way i'll know whether to bring mine or not in october).

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Polynesian Princess » Feb Mon 28, 2011 12:13 am

Of course, we finally caved in and bought the mugs on our trip this past week and they've already changed them! :lol: And I actually like the new design better (though the red ones are cute too)!
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by NaCler » Mar Tue 15, 2011 8:22 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:Of course, we finally caved in and bought the mugs on our trip this past week and they've already changed them! :lol: And I actually like the new design better (though the red ones are cute too)!
Here is a look at the new mugs for anyone who is interested. AND Via Napoli pizza by the SLICE!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/03/1 ... the-slice/

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Posts: 1061
Joined: Oct Sun 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Polynesian Princess » Mar Tue 15, 2011 8:30 am

NaCler wrote:AND Via Napoli pizza by the SLICE!!!
Very nice! I wonder how the price compares to the sit down.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6842
Joined: Jun Sun 25, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Chattanooga Tn
Contact:

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Tue 15, 2011 9:37 am

Thank you NaCler!! It bothers me that they are generic resort mugs and aren't specific to where you are staying.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18485
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Resort Hotel Drinking Mugs

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 15, 2011 11:28 am

NaCler wrote:
Polynesian Princess wrote:Of course, we finally caved in and bought the mugs on our trip this past week and they've already changed them! :lol: And I actually like the new design better (though the red ones are cute too)!
Here is a look at the new mugs for anyone who is interested. AND Via Napoli pizza by the SLICE!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/03/1 ... the-slice/
A word of caution...I clicked through the link to the pizza by the slice just to check the price, and although it looks very tasty, very, very tasty! it is not the same thin crust pizza that they serve inside...I'm guessing they figured people would complain about $6.50 for a thin slice?!
Here is the link that talks about the walk-up window...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/12/3 ... za-window/

Post Reply