What ride/attraction won't you ride?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

disneyda
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Posts: 7
Joined: Aug Sat 06, 2011 10:08 am

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by disneyda » Apr Sat 06, 2013 11:39 am

I don't think I have any that I will not ride. Although, there I several I could live without. My wife on the other hand will not get near the Teacups. Which leaves me to spin my daughters until they get whoozy!

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 763
Joined: Apr Thu 27, 2006 10:23 am
Location: Southern New Hampshire

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by knedeau » Apr Thu 10, 2014 6:23 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Amy, I don't think either side is really enough to make you sick. The original version, before they had different "teams" was another story! I remember them telling you not to close your eyes otherwise you might become disoriented and pass out! There were also motion sickness bags on the ride! I was so freaked out at that point. Then you "blast" off and I remember my eyes kept wanting to go cross but I remembered I could not close them! We all felt sick after that ride, not a good time!

We've ridden both green and orange and I didn't get sick or feel like my eyes wanted to go cross! Maybe if you're leary, try the tamer side first. I forget what color that is?!
I rode it too when if 1st opened and was 2Gs.. (I think it's 1.8 now) I felt like my eyes were being pushed to the back of my head. Also had to sit still (with my head between my knees) for about 20 min after... felt so sick and wondered WHY the bathrooms were such a long walk from the exit. Rode the tamer version a few years back...not as bad... but still made me queasy.... though I ride the tame side...because Gary Sinise is in the intro...and I think he's a bit of a hottie. ;)
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

xtremenm
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep Tue 26, 2006 10:58 pm

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by xtremenm » Apr Fri 11, 2014 1:30 am

Expedition Everest. Not a fan of roller coasters, especially ones that go backwards.

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug Fri 23, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: N of the 49th

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Apr Fri 11, 2014 8:30 pm

I won't ride Tower of Terror. I tried a drop ride once and my legs felt like jelly for hours afterward. Definitely couldn't handle multiple drops in a random pattern as much as I'd like to experience everything else that's part of the hotel.
knedeau wrote: I rode it too when if 1st opened and was 2Gs.. (I think it's 1.8 now) I felt like my eyes were being pushed to the back of my head. Also had to sit still (with my head between my knees) for about 20 min after... felt so sick and wondered WHY the bathrooms were such a long walk from the exit. Rode the tamer version a few years back...not as bad... but still made me queasy.... though I ride the tame side...because Gary Sinise is in the intro...and I think he's a bit of a hottie. ;)
This past trip I skipped Mission Space too, even though there is Gary Sinise ;) He'll always be Ken Mattingly to me :)

And off topic, may I just say to tjl151 who posted on p. 26, love the avatar pic! Having just rewatched all of TNG, Data is as awesome as ever!

Westclock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr Mon 07, 2014 10:23 am

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Westclock » Apr Wed 16, 2014 9:29 am

I skip tiki room every time i'm at MK. I also avoid Stitch's great escape like the plague. Not sure what it is, but Stitch and i have never been the best of friends. :/

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Westclock wrote:I skip tiki room every time i'm at MK. I also avoid Stitch's great escape like the plague. Not sure what it is, but Stitch and i have never been the best of friends. :/
Awww, the Tiki birds are one of our favorites! Stitch I can take or leave for sure though...my Mom won't go near Stitch. She wasn't a big fan when it was ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter either, the shoulder restraints crunched down too hard for her :(

Westclock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr Mon 07, 2014 10:23 am

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Westclock » Apr Fri 18, 2014 7:57 am

I know i commit disney blasphemy by not liking an icon classic like Tiki. Don't tell mickey!!!!
I did rebel against rock n rollercoaster for a long time just because i can't stand Aerosmith. Turns out thats a fun ride tho. :p
The other one i haven't been on in years is Peter Pans flight. But i actually love it. Its just such a short ride and usually has a very long queue length. :(

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by cy1229 » Apr Fri 18, 2014 9:21 am

Westclock wrote:I know i commit disney blasphemy by not liking an icon classic like Tiki. Don't tell mickey!!!!
I did rebel against rock n rollercoaster for a long time just because i can't stand Aerosmith. Turns out thats a fun ride tho. :p
The other one i haven't been on in years is Peter Pans flight. But i actually love it. Its just such a short ride and usually has a very long queue length. :(
Go during the fireworks or MSEP (or whatever is running as the nighttime parade now). You can virtually walk onto it.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Westclock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr Mon 07, 2014 10:23 am

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Westclock » Apr Fri 18, 2014 9:43 am

Thats what happened last time i actually rode it. its about a 45 second ride. So if the line is longer than 20 minutes? Meh. i have memories of it. hah!

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 229
Joined: Nov Thu 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Apr Thu 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Stitch! Gah!
I avoid Mickey's Philharmonic 3D. Also...I hate to say this....Captain EO. Its a classic I know and I appreciate it for that - maybe I just don't like 3D. Wait that's not true - I love Tough to be a Bug and the Muppets.
I don't need to see Finding Nemo again. But will see Lion King multiple times every trip.
Also the Sanitation Worker band in MGM - just a touch too cheesy in a bad way for me.

Sharonofwindham
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Posts: 641
Joined: Nov Wed 28, 2007 10:29 pm
Location: Too far from Walt Disney World

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Sharonofwindham » Apr Thu 24, 2014 7:33 pm

knedeau wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Amy, I don't think either side is really enough to make you sick. The original version, before they had different "teams" was another story! I remember them telling you not to close your eyes otherwise you might become disoriented and pass out! There were also motion sickness bags on the ride! I was so freaked out at that point. Then you "blast" off and I remember my eyes kept wanting to go cross but I remembered I could not close them! We all felt sick after that ride, not a good time!

We've ridden both green and orange and I didn't get sick or feel like my eyes wanted to go cross! Maybe if you're leary, try the tamer side first. I forget what color that is?!
I rode it too when if 1st opened and was 2Gs.. (I think it's 1.8 now) I felt like my eyes were being pushed to the back of my head. Also had to sit still (with my head between my knees) for about 20 min after... felt so sick and wondered WHY the bathrooms were such a long walk from the exit. Rode the tamer version a few years back...not as bad... but still made me queasy.... though I ride the tame side...because Gary Sinise is in the intro...and I think he's a bit of a hottie. ;)
I rode back when it was 2Gs as well. I didn't feel sick, but I did feel like I was about to pass out! Foolishly rode it a few times back then, and it helped to kick my feet toward the end of take off :/ I just loved the rest of the ride so I was willing to put up with a few seconds of misery :)

Westclock
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 35
Joined: Apr Mon 07, 2014 10:23 am

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Westclock » Apr Fri 25, 2014 11:45 am

The original was a bit intense. I never felt sick. But it was enough to make me feel, IDK. odd? for a few minutes afterwards. Almost a dizzy feeling. The new one doesn't seem to have any effect after the ride is done IMO.

Bunni
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Posts: 18
Joined: Jan Mon 26, 2009 7:08 am

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by Bunni » Apr Sat 26, 2014 4:10 am

I am Emetaphobic (fear of vomiting and other being sick around you) so the fact they have/had sick bags on Mission Space just freaks me out too much to ride which is a real shame as it sounds amazing. I *touch wood* never get sick on rides as I have a very high constitution for stopping myself being sick due to my phobia so it is more someone else puking in the confined space that irrationally worries me. But everything else I love! I'd ride ToT all day if I could :D

celtsfn33
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
Posts: 12
Joined: Jan Wed 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by celtsfn33 » Apr Wed 30, 2014 11:28 am

I'm up for just about any ride/attraction, with the exception of Captain EO and the more intense version of Mission Space.

xtremenm
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep Tue 26, 2006 10:58 pm

Re: What ride/attraction won't you ride?

Post by xtremenm » May Sat 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Won't do Splash Mountain. Can't do rides with big drops.

Post Reply