What Disney ride has the best queue???

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

What Disney ride has the best queue???

Post by rdeacon » Apr Thu 28, 2005 11:13 am

For me it has to be Space Mountain in WDW.

I just love walking thru the long corridor. :D
Its just soo cool, with the sound fx, sets and the lighting..

Its just done so well

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:24 pm

Tower of Terror is my favorite Queue at WDW. I think the build-up is wonderful, the trees blocking out the rest of the world, the ornate, but unkept grounds fitting of a old luxury hotel. Then you get inside which is nicely done and dusty. It was long enough and well done to let you enjoy the new reality.

Next best would be "Tough to be a Bug" having all the wonderful faces in the Tree of Life to look at made it a slow trip in, even with no line. :)

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Gizmata wrote:Tower of Terror is my favorite Queue at WDW. I think the build-up is wonderful, the trees blocking out the rest of the world, the ornate, but unkept grounds fitting of a old luxury hotel. Then you get inside which is nicely done and dusty. It was long enough and well done to let you enjoy the new reality.

Next best would be "Tough to be a Bug" having all the wonderful faces in the Tree of Life to look at made it a slow trip in, even with no line. :)
Completely agree! I also like the queue for The Great Movie Ride and Star Tours and Pirates of the Caribbean!

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Apr Thu 28, 2005 3:44 pm

I like the queue for RnR at MGM. Even though I know it's a movie (of the music studio), it almost seems real. Pretty cool IMHO. :D
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

Gizmata

Post by Gizmata » Apr Thu 28, 2005 4:32 pm

js3901 wrote:I like the queue for RnR at MGM. Even though I know it's a movie (of the music studio), it almost seems real. Pretty cool IMHO. :D
The stuido is part of the ride there in my opinion since if you skip it you may not understand the plot. However if you just walked straight up and got on space mountain you would not have missed any important details. The queue for RnR is the bland area outside where you wait before being entertained (at least it was a few years back when I was there last).

Though this will just start a debate as to what a queue really is, and what level of queue. If any queue is long enough it will be outside the building and thus not be part of the show. Star Tours has a show queue, as do many of the newer rides. These show queues are entertainment that improves the ride without requiring you to stop and watch.

DisneyManInSeattle
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by DisneyManInSeattle » Apr Thu 28, 2005 4:53 pm

WDW Pirates of the Caribbean queue is great. Much better than the ride itself. :?

Can you consider the Tree of Life pathway as the whole queue for Bugs life? If so then that is one of the coolest.

I agree with TOT at MGM -- you really feel removed from the park, though the boiler room at DCA is better.

-mark

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » Apr Thu 28, 2005 7:29 pm

A classic debate... When they are good they are really good! Unfortunately they have taken short cuts on some [like Soarin in DCA...]. Hopefully that has stopped - the newest rides seem to be back to the classic themed queues.

Epcot - Test Track for Future World [gotta love those crash test dummies] and Canada for WS. Though Soarin' may give TT a run - should be interesting to see how the queues shape up...

MK - Splash Mtn is great. Space is good as well but the loading area isn't nearly as cool as the old DL one.

MGM - too many good ones! ToT is great, as is Star Tours, with the Great Movie Ride a very close runner up...

AK - not a lot here, but parts of the Safari queue is very well done, as is the whole Tree of Life
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Apr Thu 28, 2005 10:54 pm

In my opinion it would have to be Tower Of Terror. :)

stev02
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by stev02 » Apr Fri 29, 2005 7:50 am

I love Tower of Terror queue line. Everytime I go on that ride I'm so mad I don't wrap around INSIDE the hotel. It always goes RIGHT to the elevators. :cry:

kgmadorin
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by kgmadorin » Apr Fri 29, 2005 7:53 am

G2-4T wrote: AK - not a lot here, but parts of the Safari queue is very well done, as is the whole Tree of Life
The Kali River Rapids queue is great! That's one reason I have such high hopes for the Expedition Everest queue.

Still, if only for sentimental reasons and great childhood memories, I would have to agree that my favorite queue at Walt Disney World is Pirates of the Caribbean.

DisneyObsessive

Post by DisneyObsessive » Apr Fri 29, 2005 12:13 pm

I like the Dinosaur queue, when you get inside and there are those murals on the walls of the dinosaurs and meteor hitting. And when they lower the lights and have the voice over tell the story about it.

I also like RnR because I love watching the launch while I'm getting ready to ride, it gets me so excited!!

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Apr Fri 29, 2005 12:44 pm

DisneyObsessive wrote:I like the Dinosaur queue, when you get inside and there are those murals on the walls of the dinosaurs and meteor hitting. And when they lower the lights and have the voice over tell the story about it.

I also like RnR because I love watching the launch while I'm getting ready to ride, it gets me so excited!!
The Disosaur interior music loop is good too. :)

Siriuslydead
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Siriuslydead » Apr Fri 29, 2005 4:36 pm

There are so many great ones.

In the Magic Kingdom, I think I have to agree with rdeacon and go with Space Mountain. That's probably my favorite there. Coming in a close second is Splash Mountain, it's a very fun queue.

In Epcot, I think Test Track has the best queue. You can tell that it took a lot of time to put together. And watching the test dummies and other things moving passes the time while you wait on line.

At MGM, it has to be Tower of Terror. Just like Test Track, you can tell that it took a lot of time to put together. You also have to notice the exact detail that went into making the queue. You have got to respect that.
"Mom?"
"<i>Yeah?</i>"
"We really need to try Mission:SPACE first."
"<i>It doesn't matter, Heather.</i>"
"What?"
"<i>It doesn't matter.</i>"
"IT DOES MATTER!"

jrcohen

Post by jrcohen » May Mon 02, 2005 4:43 pm

I love the Star Tours Queue. I think it's because having R2 and 3PO in it adds that extra feeling of "hey I know these guys" I think they're one of the greatest sets of comic relief in any movie. They have such a great chemistry together. And I love having the Ewok village outside to walk through. Getting a chance to get a picture under the walker leg was always one of the must fun things to do while waiting inline for any ride at disney.

Siriuslydead

Post by Siriuslydead » May Mon 02, 2005 4:46 pm

Oh man, how could I have forgotten about Star Tours?! Silly me. I love the Star Tours queue line, too. I am a huge Star Wars fan (I <3 Natalie Portman to death) and have always enjoyed the wait on Star Tours so I can check out my surroundings. I think it's fun and entertaining. Also, I can relate to the environment in the queue because I am a fan.
"Mom?"
"<i>Yeah?</i>"
"We really need to try Mission:SPACE first."
"<i>It doesn't matter, Heather.</i>"
"What?"
"<i>It doesn't matter.</i>"
"IT DOES MATTER!"