All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida
- Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
- Posts: 326
- Joined: Nov Tue 24, 2009 4:29 pm
- Location: In line at Aloha Isle
Yes, the milkshakes are very good. Although I never had a milkshake from the Ghiradelli's in DD, I've had one from the Chicago store...It did not measure up to Beaches.
- Omnibus Driver
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Jul Sat 15, 2006 11:28 am
- Location: 550 miles from WDW!
Beaches and Cream! Ghiradelli is great, but there's only one B&C.
- Main Street Cinema Projectionist
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Aug Wed 06, 2008 5:53 am
Most assurably it has to be Beaches and Cream!!!!!!!
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
- Posts: 216
- Joined: Feb Fri 12, 2010 9:16 am
- Location: Suwanee, GA
What a tough question. I say make time for both if you are staying for more than 1 night. This is a "Taste Great - Less Filling" argument. Its like the choice of which park to skip. It just can't be done!!!!
- Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
- Posts: 2744
- Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm
I am hoping for a nice romantic evening at Beaches and Cream one night I am there. One thing that is awesome about the WDW resorts is that you can just walk around the grounds at night and it's a treat on its own.
I remember getting lost walking around Saratoga Springs one trip and not caring at all because it was so pleasant that night. Same goes for the Poly.
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)
- Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
- Posts: 185
- Joined: May Sat 03, 2008 2:49 am
- Location: United Kingdom
Ghiradelli's is the best, but it's always overcrowded and a bit mad. last time we went we got stuk in there for 1hour30mins cos it was raining heavily outside and everyone was sheltering in Ghiradelli's and eating ice cream
- Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
- Posts: 106
- Joined: Nov Tue 06, 2007 8:58 pm
Beaches and Cream by far. Better atmosphere and the walk over there is great because of the view.
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Aug Sun 24, 2008 7:49 am
Without a doubt...Beaches and Cream. My hubby, myself, and my 3 girls all split the kitchen sink....it was so yummy.
- Flight to the Moon Flight Director
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: May Tue 29, 2007 2:42 pm
- Location: Boston
Gotta go with B&C. The atmosphere and of course the kitchen sink!
- Main Street Horse Car Coachman
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Dec Wed 23, 2009 11:49 pm
About time someone mentioned the epic kitchen sink
Beaches n' Cream anyday, although ghiradelli is superb as well.
- Mad Tea Party Host
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Feb Thu 05, 2009 4:59 pm
- Location: New Jersey
Ghiradelli is my favorite, although I never tried Beaches and Cream (and I stay at the Yacht Club!!!). I guess you can say Ghiradelli is that good. I highly recommend the banana split! I was told that it contains no calories- must be Disney magic!
- Skyway Loader
- Posts: 2486
- Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
- Location: Nashville, TN
Beaches and Cream hands-down. Love the food, the ice cream, the atmosphere... it's just awesome!!
- Autopian Mechanic
- Posts: 125
- Joined: Jul Sat 18, 2009 10:04 am
Beaches and Cream, busy but less intensely crowded, which is to say, no one standing at our elbows waiting for our table, and ice cream that hasn't melted before it get to the table, and better air conditioning during the nine summer months in Orlando. plus, G'delli removed the raspberry cable car from the menu.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 1971
- Joined: Mar Thu 18, 2004 4:18 pm
- Location: Scottsdale, AZ
- Pack Mules Wrangler
- Posts: 5382
- Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
- Location: The land of cheese and beer...
Since we have never been to Beaches & Cream, I must ask...what is in this epic Kitchen Sink?