Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 418
Joined: Sep Sat 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Mouseoholic » Apr Mon 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Good news!!! Thanks Len!

Mouseoholic!

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1673
Joined: Nov Thu 04, 2004 2:06 am
Location: the laughing in your face place

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Thu 13, 2010 11:09 am

For those who haven't heard already- the Electrical Parade will have its first showing on June 6th at 9pm, along with the Summer Nightastic fireworks at 10pm.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re:

Post by MadEye » May Thu 13, 2010 6:47 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:For those who haven't heard already- the Electrical Parade will have its first showing on June 6th at 9pm, along with the Summer Nightastic fireworks at 10pm.
I'll have to wait for the 8th to see it. Wonder when Tower will be getting it's new effects, though?
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Re:

Post by Amy » May Thu 13, 2010 6:50 pm

MadEye wrote:
Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:For those who haven't heard already- the Electrical Parade will have its first showing on June 6th at 9pm, along with the Summer Nightastic fireworks at 10pm.
I'll have to wait for the 8th to see it. Wonder when Tower will be getting it's new effects, though?
That might be good, the bugs will be worked out of it by the third night in...well, they'll still have bugs but they'll be all electrical and twinkly ;) What sort of effects is the Tower supposed to get?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Re:

Post by MadEye » May Thu 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Amy wrote:That might be good, the bugs will be worked out of it by the third night in...well, they'll still have bugs but they'll be all electrical and twinkly ;) What sort of effects is the Tower supposed to get?
I don't know what new effects they will add. That's why I was asking when they start, so I can see for myself.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1673
Joined: Nov Thu 04, 2004 2:06 am
Location: the laughing in your face place

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Thu 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Tower is supposed to have new lighting effects and a new drop sequence.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by Amy » May Fri 14, 2010 5:43 am

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Tower is supposed to have new lighting effects and a new drop sequence.
Oh, I was thinking it was going to have something special for the Electrical parade! More like just new effects for the summer spectacular...I see now...

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 379
Joined: Jun Tue 26, 2007 12:56 pm

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by MW1218 » May Fri 14, 2010 7:16 am

I wish that I could manage a trip this summer, but since we just got a new house, I have a feeling we're going to be too busy with that. Rats!

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 461
Joined: Jul Mon 21, 2008 8:48 am

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by sherabby » May Fri 14, 2010 8:36 am

We miss it by one day. I'm hoping they extend it for another month!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5143
Joined: Sep Sun 02, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: Valparaiso IN

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by boilerbabe » May Fri 14, 2010 11:11 am

I really wish they would extend all of this until the end of the year. :( DH and I are hoping to get back in Dec. we'd like to see MSEP and experience ToT with the different lighting and drop sequences. Maybe they'll change their minds?
Image
Image

greendoor678
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Posts: 65
Joined: Dec Mon 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by greendoor678 » May Fri 14, 2010 1:11 pm

I wish they would bring some of the Japanese floats on a U.S. tour. From what I've seen online, they are magnificent!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by MadEye » May Fri 14, 2010 1:57 pm

greendoor678 wrote:I wish they would bring some of the Japanese floats on a U.S. tour. From what I've seen online, they are magnificent!
Tokyo gets a lot of amazing things because it isn't owned by Disney. It's owned by a Japanese realty company who is willing to pay for anything, including the use of the Disney name. The ones in charge of WDW, Team Disney Orlando, seem to be very cheap (they didn't want to do the Fantasyland Expansion until Burbank forced them to...). Makes you wonder.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by Amy » May Fri 14, 2010 2:19 pm

MadEye wrote:
greendoor678 wrote:I wish they would bring some of the Japanese floats on a U.S. tour. From what I've seen online, they are magnificent!
Tokyo gets a lot of amazing things because it isn't owned by Disney. It's owned by a Japanese realty company who is willing to pay for anything, including the use of the Disney name. The ones in charge of WDW, Team Disney Orlando, seem to be very cheap (they didn't want to do the Fantasyland Expansion until Burbank forced them to...). Makes you wonder.
I would agree, the Japanese parks have a lot more cool technology since Oriental Land Company owns them and makes the decisions that the US parks either don't have the resources or willingness to do...Their Winnie the Pooh ride is outstanding!!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by MadEye » May Fri 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Amy wrote:I would agree, the Japanese parks have a lot more cool technology since Oriental Land Company owns them and makes the decisions that the US parks either don't have the resources or willingness to do...Their Winnie the Pooh ride is outstanding!!
And from what I've heard, their Monsters Inc. ride blows the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (WDW, MK) away.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade returns.

Post by theBIGyowski » May Fri 14, 2010 3:54 pm

MadEye wrote:
Amy wrote:I would agree, the Japanese parks have a lot more cool technology since Oriental Land Company owns them and makes the decisions that the US parks either don't have the resources or willingness to do...Their Winnie the Pooh ride is outstanding!!
And from what I've heard, their Monsters Inc. ride blows the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (WDW, MK) away.
Yeah I saw that on the Monsters Inc. Blu-Ray.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Post Reply