If you could only go to 3 parks....

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 12, 2010 12:31 pm

I'd like to get a survey that show the ages of people who would keep the AK as one of their 3.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by momeja » Apr Mon 12, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm 47, Jacca. Do I fit the age group? I picked AK over DHS because I love Dinosaur and EE. Also, even though it has ToT and ST (2 of my favorite rides), DHS is not fun to walk around. It always feels crowded and cramped to me. AK is a pleasure just to walk around.

eta: Fact is that going to US had a big effect on how I feel about DHS. US just did the theming better, jmho.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Wed 14, 2010 2:13 am

When I wind up going, I know I will most likely do Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Hollywood Studios if not all of them but those are the main three I'd rather do.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Wed 14, 2010 6:51 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I'd like to get a survey that show the ages of people who would keep the AK as one of their 3.
33 here and no AK for me if we are choosing to drop one.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:35 am

I figured it would be the youngest of us that chose the AK as one of their 3. So far that doesn't carry.

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:36 am

So, Jacca, what are you thinking here? Only three answers (I'm counting in your answer, Miss Swann answer since we know you're in college) but very different ages.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:37 am

I figured us old farts would be the ones to not go to the AK. Don't get me wrong, be no means has this been a scientific survey.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Wed 14, 2010 7:54 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I figured us old farts would be the ones to not go to the AK. Don't get me wrong, be no means has this been a scientific survey.
So this wasn't a well-thought out highly important survey like the 2010 Census? :lol: I thought my answer to this would provide some type of funding to add new attractions to AK! Oh well... You led me on Jacca! 8-)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 14, 2010 8:21 am

NaCler wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I figured us old farts would be the ones to not go to the AK. Don't get me wrong, be no means has this been a scientific survey.
So this wasn't a well-thought out highly important survey like the 2010 Census? :lol: I thought my answer to this would provide some type of funding to add new attractions to AK! Oh well... You led me on Jacca! 8-)
Ha-ha! You guys are too funny~ If Jacca is calling some people old farts than no way am I putting my age on here! I'll admit to being out of college but not even close to AARP age ~ and I enjoy a good day at the AK myself. I love the animals and It's Tough to Be a Bug is a must see for me...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 8:58 am

Amy wrote:
NaCler wrote:
Ha-ha! You guys are too funny~ If Jacca is calling some people old farts than no way am I putting my age on here! I'll admit to being out of college but not even close to AARP age ~ and I enjoy a good day at the AK myself. I love the animals and It's Tough to Be a Bug is a must see for me...
I directed that (Old Farts) more at me. My boys seem to think that I was there to help with the first fire. Apparently it's why I can grill so good. Hey I'm gonna be 50 next month, for all I've put this body through, I feel excellent! Still sometimes my mind say's "YEA YOU CAN DO IT!" and my body say's "NO!!".

Yes I am one of those people that see the animals at the AK and am disappointed that there aren't any recipe cards!!

momeja

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 14, 2010 9:38 am

I refuse to be called an Old Fart! :evil: :lol: :wink:

I see we were posting at the same time. I don't disagree with you. One of the most horrifying moments of our last trip was when we were talking to a 50s-ish woman - DVC owner, too - who told us totally straight-faced that she likes DHS better than the other parks because "there are fewer children running around" (hey lady, have you tried a different kind of vacation than Disney...).

Like I said, I love ToT and ST, but US did the same theming so much better, jmho. I can't get over that. I always feel rushed and crowded at DHS. (must be all those cheerleader conventions that have been happening when I've been there, lol).

keneka
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by keneka » Apr Sun 18, 2010 5:49 am

EP, MK & AK

I like DS but the others have better and newer rides, although I do love TS mania :wink: restaurants are better in the other three as well

withspirit

Post by withspirit » Apr Sun 18, 2010 6:56 am

Well Jacca, I fall into your "OFs" class. :shock: I have been AARP for two years! :P AK is still one of my top three.

I'm going to mosey to the fridge for a sasparilla :wink: ...
No really, see? It's a screwdriver and it's... sonic
The Doctor

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 18, 2010 8:04 am

Jacca5660 wrote:My boys seem to think that I was there to help with the first fire. Apparently it's why I can grill so good.
Yes I am one of those people that see the animals at the AK and am disappointed that there aren't any recipe cards!!
:shock: I had to read that one twice! :shock: Jacca!! :shock:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Epcot, MK, and DHS. When my whole family goes, we generally skip DAK or just go for Everest.