Fantasyland Expansion

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by momeja » Feb Tue 07, 2012 2:39 pm

MadEye wrote:
Mickey is now permanently in Town Square. Word is that one will still be a shop and another will be M&Gs but no more Mickey and Minnie in that area and no word on which characters will be there. Still just a rumor for now.
I'm thinking fairies? They're popular and they need a place to call home.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 07, 2012 3:05 pm

momeja wrote:
MadEye wrote:
Mickey is now permanently in Town Square. Word is that one will still be a shop and another will be M&Gs but no more Mickey and Minnie in that area and no word on which characters will be there. Still just a rumor for now.
I'm thinking fairies? They're popular and they need a place to call home.
The fairies would sort of fit into the whole Fantasyland scheme of things too.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by NaCler » Feb Tue 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I don't think it will be fairies as they would seem out of place in a circus tent. There has been talk that it will be like a side show. Maybe odd characters like the 3 little pigs or the Big Bad Wolf???

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Tue 07, 2012 9:55 pm

They have the fairies in Adventureland right by the Dole Whip line in an indoor building. I know because I waited in the outside area for Ariel and Eric.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by MadEye » Feb Tue 07, 2012 10:53 pm

It is basically confirmed that the fairies will not be M&G in Fantasyland. Like I said before, no word on which characters.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by cy1229 » Feb Wed 08, 2012 10:27 am

SorcererDonald16 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
SorcererDonald16 wrote:Looking at the aerial pics on Magic that were posted yesterday ( http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fan ... n-site.htm ) makes me very excited! Things are looking great.

Really excited about almost everything. Especially that they ditched the elaborate Cindy/Aurora M&Gs and are giving us a new SWatSD ride instead. Glad the fairies got the boot too, to be honest.

My lone complaint in this whole venture is the Dumbo move. Seems like a major downgrade in the view, and I do have to wonder just how much stink from the Speedway will float on over. I have major sinus issues, so I may have a problem on my hands now due to this move. :(
The thing I want done is to just rip the Speedway out and maybe do something else with that land (who wants to bring back Mr. Toad, anyone?). That ride is a waste and I wouldn't think environmentally-conscious Disney would want all those fumes being put out into the air. I know I think it is bad environmentally, and smelling it is even worse! :shock:

I don't want it gone because I think it's one of those rides that is really special to children. It's one of the few rides I remember going on in my first WDW trip. I was 9, and I was driving a car, and I was in WDW! I think that's something that sticks with a lot of people. Nowhere near as iconic as Dumbo obviously, but still basically a rite of passage for a lot of children.

That said, I wish they would do something about it to make it safer. I also don't think electric cars are the way to go, because it would make no financial sense, but some changes are needed. Even if someone doesn't know anything about environmental studies, I feel like it's easy to guess that breathing in something that smells that bad cannot be good for the lungs, our cells, etc. It's just gross. :( I have issues with the trams too, but not as badly; just have to hold my breath sometimes.

I wonder how feasible and expensive an electrified track would be - something like a subway track, or a monorail track. I know it would cost a lot, but the environmental savings would be HUGE, and I know Disney isn't totally unconcerned about the environment.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by Amy » Feb Wed 08, 2012 11:28 am

cy1229 wrote:I wonder how feasible and expensive an electrified track would be - something like a subway track, or a monorail track. I know it would cost a lot, but the environmental savings would be HUGE, and I know Disney isn't totally unconcerned about the environment.
Wouldn't that lead to a lot of safety concerns with an electrified track?

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by theBIGyowski » Feb Wed 08, 2012 11:37 am

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I wonder how feasible and expensive an electrified track would be - something like a subway track, or a monorail track. I know it would cost a lot, but the environmental savings would be HUGE, and I know Disney isn't totally unconcerned about the environment.
Wouldn't that lead to a lot of safety concerns with an electrified track?
I'm no engineer...

But I would think that you could have multiple lines that all have to be connected via a ride vehicle to complete the circuit...providing the needed electricity. I'm not sure how you would implement this to make sure it is up and running at all times with minimal glitches...maybe batteries on the cars that kick in when the rails aren't working properly or the connection is bad.

Like I said...I am not an engineer...I work with computers...so I may have no clue how any of that works.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by cy1229 » Feb Wed 08, 2012 11:54 am

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I wonder how feasible and expensive an electrified track would be - something like a subway track, or a monorail track. I know it would cost a lot, but the environmental savings would be HUGE, and I know Disney isn't totally unconcerned about the environment.
Wouldn't that lead to a lot of safety concerns with an electrified track?
So here's my sarcasm kicking in - only for those who are moronic enough to get out and frolic about.

But seriously, the vehicle could be designed to completely cover the track - maybe have it sub-level from "street" level - so if a ride evac was necessary, guests could safely and easily hop out of the cars and walk off the ride.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by MadEye » Feb Sat 18, 2012 10:04 am

UPDATE: The Castle Wall, or at least a part of the first section near the BatB area is out from behind it's wall.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fan ... veiled.htm
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by Amy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 10:19 am

MadEye wrote:UPDATE: The Castle Wall, or at least a part of the first section near the BatB area is out from behind it's wall.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Fan ... veiled.htm
Looks nice :D

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 473
Joined: Aug Sun 16, 2009 6:51 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 11:34 am

It looks like things are moving right along.

Can't wait for the first parts of the new FL to be revealed! Disney's mention of "Spring" as a general timeframe for the first parts opening is a little frustrating...Spring could be March/April/May & its hard to wait when you don't know how long you'll be waiting.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by MadEye » Feb Sat 18, 2012 12:06 pm

disneylizzy wrote:It looks like things are moving right along.

Can't wait for the first parts of the new FL to be revealed! Disney's mention of "Spring" as a general timeframe for the first parts opening is a little frustrating...Spring could be March/April/May & its hard to wait when you don't know how long you'll be waiting.
Don't expect anything but the circus area open before summer. Little Mermaid and the BatB are looking like they will open sometime in the fall. At least that's what I've heard from reliable sources.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 473
Joined: Aug Sun 16, 2009 6:51 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by disneylizzy » Feb Sat 18, 2012 4:20 pm

MadEye wrote:
disneylizzy wrote:It looks like things are moving right along.

Can't wait for the first parts of the new FL to be revealed! Disney's mention of "Spring" as a general timeframe for the first parts opening is a little frustrating...Spring could be March/April/May & its hard to wait when you don't know how long you'll be waiting.
Don't expect anything but the circus area open before summer. Little Mermaid and the BatB are looking like they will open sometime in the fall. At least that's what I've heard from reliable sources.
I'm okay w/ seeing any of the new stuff in Spring!

poohprincess
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug Sun 31, 2008 7:23 pm

Re: Fantasyland Expansion...

Post by poohprincess » Feb Sat 18, 2012 4:32 pm

I am going to WDW in 2 weeks...I wish that some of the new parts would be open....sad.

Post Reply