Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 1:00 pm

dsnymommy wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:
BenB wrote: lol, apparently I can't even read that word without doing so in Nemo's voice. (Yes, I have two kids under 4. Don't ask how many times we've seen Finding Nemo.)
HAHA! I did the same exact thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That photo is amazingly beautiful. And how many of us are now chanting "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.." Lol
Let's sing the zones, the zones, the zones
Let's sing the zones of the ocean blue!

(or is it ocean deep? Now I'm doubting myself.)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

captianbubble
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by captianbubble » Aug Thu 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Lets name the zones of the open sea! No dout about it!
Disney World Here I Come!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:41 pm

captianbubble wrote:Lets name the zones of the open sea! No dout about it!
Yeah, captianbubble has got it correct :nemo:

Monakie78

Post by Monakie78 » Aug Thu 08, 2013 9:39 pm

When you tell people at your new Preschool teaching job that they should check to see if you're feeling ok- if you're not in Disney attire. Yes, I just did that this week and was questioned at our open house tonight how come I don't have a Disney dress. :|

Come Monday, I will be wearing a new "fancy" Disney shirt!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 08, 2013 9:40 pm

Monakie78 wrote:When you tell people at your new Preschool teaching job that they should check to see if you're feeling ok- if you're not in Disney attire. Yes, I just did that this week and was questioned at our open house tonight how come I don't have a Disney dress. :|

Might scare the children if you aren't wearing the proper Disney attire ;) :mickey:

Monakie78

Post by Monakie78 » Aug Thu 08, 2013 9:43 pm

You set the timer on your phone so you can fall asleep to the sounds of the living seas! So sweet! Or space tunnel.

Monakie78

Post by Monakie78 » Aug Thu 08, 2013 9:48 pm

Amy wrote:
Monakie78 wrote:When you tell people at your new Preschool teaching job that they should check to see if you're feeling ok- if you're not in Disney attire. Yes, I just did that this week and was questioned at our open house tonight how come I don't have a Disney dress. :|

Might scare the children if you aren't wearing the proper Disney attire ;) :mickey:
I'm not sure if there's improper Disney attire. Yikes! Maybe it depends how you wear it. :shock:
I will sure have fun wearing a new Mickey shirt each day at work though. The kids were loving my Mickey sticker decorated classroom binder.

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Aug Fri 09, 2013 5:49 am

Your students will love your wardrobe. :lol: I taught for three years at a small, private school and kept graduating with my students. I started out teaching just kindergarten. The second year I taught K-2. then the third year I taught K-4. Obviously that meant I had many of the same students for 2 or 3 years. They would talk repeatedly about what I was wearing the first open house they met me, what I wore the first day of school, the first time I wore pants (I had to get a new wardrobe for teaching and had to start shopping before I was officially hired. Since I was unsure of the teacher dress code, I bought comfortable long elastic waist skirts. I loved them so much, it was at least a year before I got a pair of work pants. :lol: ), etc. It was alarming how frequently this topic came up. :lol:
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 09, 2013 8:12 am

Polynesian Princess wrote:Your students will love your wardrobe. :lol: I taught for three years at a small, private school and kept graduating with my students. I started out teaching just kindergarten. The second year I taught K-2. then the third year I taught K-4. Obviously that meant I had many of the same students for 2 or 3 years. They would talk repeatedly about what I was wearing the first open house they met me, what I wore the first day of school, the first time I wore pants (I had to get a new wardrobe for teaching and had to start shopping before I was officially hired. Since I was unsure of the teacher dress code, I bought comfortable long elastic waist skirts. I loved them so much, it was at least a year before I got a pair of work pants. :lol: ), etc. It was alarming how frequently this topic came up. :lol:
I am not a clothes person so I really don't pay attention to what people wear, but my students must study every article of clothing I wear. I hear about it if I have worn something too much, too many weeks in a row (I see most of my students just once a week, or sometimes twice if there are older siblings that have lessons on different days), if I get something new. I guess everyone has something they pay attention to :roll:

Back to the topic at hand, you know you're a WDW nut when you have a hard time deciding between Disney accessories for the day because you have so many things to choose from :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Fri 09, 2013 8:06 pm

When you're touring a tall ship in Chicago which is made of wood and say "this smells exactly like Swiss Family Treehouse!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 09, 2013 8:34 pm

boilerbabe wrote:When you're touring a tall ship in Chicago which is made of wood and say "this smells exactly like Swiss Family Treehouse!"
Neat!

When you look through a Visit Orlando brochure that magically appeared in your mailbox and declare "It doesn't include enough Disney!"

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 7:22 am

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:When you're touring a tall ship in Chicago which is made of wood and say "this smells exactly like Swiss Family Treehouse!"
Neat!

When you look through a Visit Orlando brochure that magically appeared in your mailbox and declare "It doesn't include enough Disney!"
I know what kind of brochure about Orlando doesn't include Disney!!! I've seen ads and things on Orlando without any Disney stuff in it at all!! CRAZY!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 10, 2013 8:36 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Neat!

I know what kind of brochure about Orlando doesn't include Disney!!! I've seen ads and things on Orlando without any Disney stuff in it at all!! CRAZY!!!
Yeah, it had lots of Universal Studios pictures in it and on it though :roll: Bleh!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Sat 10, 2013 9:44 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Neat!

WAIT.

There's more than Disney in Orlando?????!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

8-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler