You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Thu 14, 2016 7:49 am

My girlfriend replied, "So when I win Powerball, that's where we're going for a year?!" A cool $2 Mil will net you a residence at the Golden Oak resort on Disney property! I remember driving past it on several occasions but never realized you'd be able to live there!

http://greatideas.people.com/2016/04/12 ... lden-oaks/
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by momeja » Apr Thu 14, 2016 10:12 am

If you win the Powerball, you could just move to Orlando, buy a house and an AP and be done. Disney is always looking for part-time help, too.

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Thu 14, 2016 10:54 am

momeja wrote:If you win the Powerball, you could just move to Orlando, buy a house and an AP and be done. Disney is always looking for part-time help, too.
I was seriously considering just becoming a bus driver for them once I got my CDL B, but Gina doesn't dig humidity all that much so maybe when i retire....
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Apr Fri 15, 2016 8:08 pm

On a side note, Gina and I just watched "Walt Before Mickey" on Netflix and enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it and are a Disney fan I recommend it.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by momeja » Apr Wed 20, 2016 8:03 am

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 20, 2016 9:17 pm

You know you're a WDW nut when hearing how your friends just got a trampoline and are now getting new carpeting and a puppy, which seems like a whole 'nother lesson in common sense to me, and all you can think is wow, I wonder if they considered a trip to WDW with all that money instead? :lol:
(They took their oldest to Animal Kingdom, in August, when she was about three years old, and complained about how hot it was. Don't think they even contemplated a return trip with the next two. :( )

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 357
Joined: Apr Sat 21, 2012 7:18 am
Location: Yorktown,Virginia

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Thumper1 » Apr Thu 21, 2016 8:44 am

You know you're a Subsonic nut when you celebrate being a 4 year member on the site! Yay me! I know I'm just a baby compared to a lot of you but it makes me happy knowing that I've been listening to the BEST Disney parks music site ever for 4 years!!! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 21, 2016 1:33 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:You know you're a Subsonic nut when you celebrate being a 4 year member on the site! Yay me! I know I'm just a baby compared to a lot of you but it makes me happy knowing that I've been listening to the BEST Disney parks music site ever for 4 years!!! :goofy_bounce:
Congrats on your 4th subiversary! :goofy_bounce:

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 357
Joined: Apr Sat 21, 2012 7:18 am
Location: Yorktown,Virginia

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Thumper1 » Apr Thu 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks Amy!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by Amy » May Thu 05, 2016 10:38 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:You know you're a Disney world nut when you keep checking a certain Youtube channel to keep up with findings and reviews of the recently released Haunted Mansion Ghost Post subscription box. I tried jumping on one but the 999 subscriptions sold out in about an hour apparently, so thusly I was late to the game. Looks like a really cool box, though!
I watched another of the Haunted Mansion Ghost Post subscription box videos this morning ~ this one was really slick. Looking forward to the next one! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeEenM ... tml5=False

It has an interactive portion at DL as well in the second video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtG-oar ... tml5=False

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by TikiTikiRoom » May Mon 16, 2016 7:22 am

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:You know you're a Disney world nut when you keep checking a certain Youtube channel to keep up with findings and reviews of the recently released Haunted Mansion Ghost Post subscription box. I tried jumping on one but the 999 subscriptions sold out in about an hour apparently, so thusly I was late to the game. Looks like a really cool box, though!
I watched another of the Haunted Mansion Ghost Post subscription box videos this morning ~ this one was really slick. Looking forward to the next one! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLeEenM ... tml5=False

It has an interactive portion at DL as well in the second video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtG-oar ... tml5=False

Yes, I've seen those! The fact they're incorporating interactivity with these boxes at the parks is awesome. Getting your own custom Ghost Post audio at the Haunted Mansion? Count me in!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by theBIGyowski » May Mon 16, 2016 8:36 am

I wish I had known about those boxes back then...and had the money to spend on it. They look fantastic and I've been enjoying watching people unbox them on YouTube.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 172
Joined: May Fri 17, 2013 11:03 am

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by zhoover » May Wed 18, 2016 8:06 am

theBIGyowski wrote:I wish I had known about those boxes back then...and had the money to spend on it. They look fantastic and I've been enjoying watching people unbox them on YouTube.
I was tempted, but I'm going to hold off in case they do a Jungle Cruise-themed box. What do you guys think will be next?
Image

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by TikiTikiRoom » May Wed 18, 2016 9:40 am

zhoover wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I wish I had known about those boxes back then...and had the money to spend on it. They look fantastic and I've been enjoying watching people unbox them on YouTube.
I was tempted, but I'm going to hold off in case they do a Jungle Cruise-themed box. What do you guys think will be next?
i would kill for a Jungle Cruise/Polynesian/Trader Sams box. exclusive tiki mug anyone??
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2744
Joined: Apr Mon 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by theBIGyowski » May Wed 18, 2016 11:41 am

A Jungle Cruise box would be awesome. They could also do something fun with POTC...but the downside there would be the temptation to lean heavily on the movie instead of the attraction.
Image

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

Post Reply