You know you're a WDW nut when...

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

PopCentury2007
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 177
Joined: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:25 am

You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by PopCentury2007 » Feb Fri 27, 2009 9:37 am

...you have a collection of Vacation Planning Video's spanning back to VHS.

My wife and I recently moved to Charlotte and in reorganizing my DVD collection, I came across this interesting discovery. Some years I even have duplicates if anyone's interested...lol. :mickey:

Thought it was a fun fact to share.
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1456
Joined: Jun Fri 20, 2008 9:43 am
Location: The Vacation Kingdom

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Fri 27, 2009 9:41 am

When you constantly correct people (acquaintances or strangers) that Epcot, DHS and AK are ALL part of WDW, and that the park with the castle is called the MAGIC KINGDOM!!! Also that Universal has NOTHING to do with Disney except that they are a cheap and pathetic copy (not that I am biased or anything).
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

PopCentury2007
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 177
Joined: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:25 am

Post by PopCentury2007 » Feb Fri 27, 2009 9:52 am

agingerbugg wrote:When you constantly correct people (acquaintances or strangers) that Epcot, DHS and AK are ALL part of WDW, and that the park with the castle is called the MAGIC KINGDOM!!! Also that Universal has NOTHING to do with Disney except that they are a cheap and pathetic copy (not that I am biased or anything).
Interesting, thought that was common knowledge :lol: :D
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mar Thu 18, 2004 4:18 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Post by horizons1 » Feb Fri 27, 2009 1:27 pm

...you notice when they move an outdoor vending cart.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.
Image
Image
Image

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1456
Joined: Jun Fri 20, 2008 9:43 am
Location: The Vacation Kingdom

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Fri 27, 2009 1:59 pm

PopCentury2007 wrote:
agingerbugg wrote:When you constantly correct people (acquaintances or strangers) that Epcot, DHS and AK are ALL part of WDW, and that the park with the castle is called the MAGIC KINGDOM!!! Also that Universal has NOTHING to do with Disney except that they are a cheap and pathetic copy (not that I am biased or anything).
Interesting, thought that was common knowledge :lol: :D
Yeah, not so much. And it really irks me when I am eaves dropping on a conversation and someone says, "we went to Orlando for vacation, did Universal, Disney World then the last day Animal Kingdom." I, to the embarrassment of whomever I am with, will pipe up and say something to the effect, "you know, Animal Kingdom IS part of Disney World, that park you went to is the Magic Kingdom, pay attention next time." I have had some pretty nasty things said to me in response, but I just want to set the record straight.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Posts: 938
Joined: Oct Tue 18, 2005 2:18 am
Location: Seabase Omega

Post by Captain Schnemo » Feb Fri 27, 2009 2:09 pm

agingerbugg wrote:Also that Universal has NOTHING to do with Disney except that they are a cheap and pathetic copy (not that I am biased or anything).
Well, if you want to get snippy, the Disney Studios are a "copy" of Universal Studios and Animal Kingdom is a "copy" of Busch Gardens.

Obviously, the Disney parks are of a higher quality (mostly), but they shouldn't get any free points for originality.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1456
Joined: Jun Fri 20, 2008 9:43 am
Location: The Vacation Kingdom

Post by agingerbugg » Feb Fri 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Captain Schnemo wrote: Well, if you want to get snippy, the Disney Studios are a "copy" of Universal Studios and Animal Kingdom is a "copy" of Busch Gardens.
Yes, I admit this, I do not get - as you put it - "snippy" on this point; I get "snippy" on the point of people being so ignorant as to think that Walt Disney World=Magic Kingdom, and Epcot, DHS and AK are other Disney (I won't get into the people who don't know they are Disney) parks outside of Walt Disney World. I just feel that someone needs to expose their ignorance, wave it in front of their face (and anyone else within hearing distance) and then slap them with it.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 6726
Joined: Mar Sat 29, 2008 8:04 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Len90 » Feb Fri 27, 2009 4:29 pm

When you find a way to work something from WDW into almost every conversation!

Oh Pop, I just found my 1999 video last week. It is so fun watching Disney talk of AK as their new exciting theme park. Only sad part is it mentions River Country, and Discovery Island.
- Len90
Image
Image
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

emnbensdad
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 239
Joined: Aug Thu 14, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Hiram, Georgia
Contact:

Post by emnbensdad » Feb Sat 28, 2009 12:53 pm

. . . when your kids like to go to video.google.com and search for any videos that have been uploaded dealing with ANYTHING Disney. . . . yes, they too have had the kool-aid!!!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mar Thu 18, 2004 4:18 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sat 28, 2009 6:46 pm

As much as I'd like to correct people who call the Magic Kingdom "Disneyworld" I have to remind myself that

A) Not everyone is a Disney geek
B) When WDW first opened it was natural for people to call the west park Disneyland and the east park Disneyworld. In fact, the "I'm going to Disneyworld" bits after each Superbowl, intercut with shots of the castle, only reinforce this.

To me, it's kind of like people who say Kleenex, Xerox, Band-Aids, Coke, or other brand names as a sort of short hand even when the actual product is something different. Not exactly the same, but you get my meaning.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.
Image
Image
Image

JDWDWlover
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb Sun 22, 2009 7:32 am

Post by JDWDWlover » Mar Sun 01, 2009 5:08 pm

You know you're a WDW nut when you frequent subsonicradio.com

JimB
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 95
Joined: May Fri 09, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by JimB » Mar Mon 02, 2009 4:54 am

I think 20 or more Disney related sites in your Internet Explorer Favorites would qualify :mickey:

kellybus
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Posts: 73
Joined: Aug Wed 06, 2008 5:53 am

Post by kellybus » Mar Mon 02, 2009 5:54 am

all you want to do is look up info on the internet about WDW while listening to Subsonic Radio
[img]http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff346/MOD42/OKW2RL.jpg[/img]

sherabby
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 461
Joined: Jul Mon 21, 2008 8:48 am

Re: You know you're a WDW nut when...

Post by sherabby » Mar Mon 02, 2009 7:12 am

PopCentury2007 wrote:...you have a collection of Vacation Planning Video's spanning back to VHS.

My wife and I recently moved to Charlotte and in reorganizing my DVD collection, I came across this interesting discovery. Some years I even have duplicates if anyone's interested...lol. :mickey:

Thought it was a fun fact to share.
I found a few Disney Planning VHS at my mom's house this weekend. She is not really a Disney nut but she sure does love to save things! I'll keep those VHS for her someday!
[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1251097102.jpg[/img]

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1487
Joined: Mar Sat 31, 2007 1:56 am
Location: The lost city of Atlanta

Post by DisBeamer » Mar Mon 02, 2009 11:45 am

horizons1 wrote:As much as I'd like to correct people who call the Magic Kingdom "Disneyworld" I have to remind myself that

A) Not everyone is a Disney geek
B) When WDW first opened it was natural for people to call the west park Disneyland and the east park Disneyworld. In fact, the "I'm going to Disneyworld" bits after each Superbowl, intercut with shots of the castle, only reinforce this.

To me, it's kind of like people who say Kleenex, Xerox, Band-Aids, Coke, or other brand names as a sort of short hand even when the actual product is something different. Not exactly the same, but you get my meaning.
The only time it really bothers me is when they do it actually at the resort. I tend not to correct strangers, but the number of people I've heard on Disney buses saying things like "Oh we were over at Disney this morning; now we're going to Epcot" is staggering. How do they figure out where they're going?

My personal WDW planning video/dvd collection has made several moves in two countries with me now. I don't even have a functioning VHS player anymore. :lol:
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

Post Reply