Rant-N-Rave Magic Kingdom: Adventureland

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Rate the Overall Expierience of Adventureland

5 (Very Best, could spend hours here and Do)
11%
4 (Love this part of the park)
49%
3 (I enjoy it but its not my favorite)
29%
2 (It could use some help but i enjoy it)
9%
1 (I like one or maybe two things about this area but other than that its Boring)
3%
0 (I skip this section because it is a waste of time)
No votes

Total votes: 35

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Rant-N-Rave Magic Kingdom: Adventureland

Post by Croaker » May Thu 15, 2008 11:19 am

************ READ BEFORE YOU TAKE THE POLL ************

Recently there is a post about what attraction to remove from the Magic Kingdom. Lets narrow this down even further so we can vent our frustrations and applaud the Magic. make sure you keep this thread on track. there will be others to follow that will allow you to pick on areas outside of the focus...but for now keep it on task.

Disect Adventureland, think back to all of the trips you have taken to Adventureland, before the Tiki Room was under new management, as well as when Iago and Zazu took over. Take it all in with all of your senses and give us your opinion (thus no one is wrong) on what is perfect with this land? What would you change? What needs improvement? What needs to be left alone? What have you seen or heard that makes this section of the park special. share, complain, etc.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

lebeau
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by lebeau » May Thu 15, 2008 11:52 am

To me, Adventureland is PotC and that's about it. JC is there if I want to go old school, but I rarely do. The Aladdin ride, the Tiki Room and the Treehouse might as well not even exist.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Thu 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Two words: Dole Whip.

If for no other reason (although I would still like it without the Dole Whip) it makes it worth the walk through Adventureland.

parkhopper26
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by parkhopper26 » May Thu 15, 2008 4:31 pm

pirates & the jungle cruise are great but it's the overall theme and ambiance of adventureland that make it one of my favorite areas in the magic kingdom

figment34786
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by figment34786 » May Thu 15, 2008 5:37 pm

One of the weaker areas of the park (but I love the area music!) I really don't care for the Jungle Cruise and the treehouse. I think that Aladdin Goes Dumbo shouldn't be there at all. I haven't been in the Tiki Room in a while to give an accurate rating of that attraction.

Pirates is good, and that's it.

What in the world are these Dole Whips? I've never heard about them except on this site.

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Thu 15, 2008 5:42 pm

It used to be that I could never decide between the Rivers of America or Adventureland as my favorite, but unfortunatley synergy has been chipping away at the great Adventureland theming little by little.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Thu 15, 2008 5:52 pm

I gave it a 4, knocking off a mark for the combination of Dumladdin and the travesty that is the current Tiki Room.

I think this is one of the better themed areas of the park; very rich with a lot of neat details. The tikis that spit water. Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats. The names of all the 'missing' Jungle Cruise boats near the exit. The way that you get the music fade/transition cross the bridge coming in from the hub. The little hallways around PotC. Even the little gems/bits of porcelain in the ground around the Aladdin ride are cool. There are lots of little alcoves and sitting areas where you can just chill and relax with your Dole Whip and watch the people go by.

PotC is and will always be one of the best attractions Disney ever came up with (even with Depp and Co. in there). Jungle Cruise is classic Disney (and much, much better when you ride at night). The top of the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse affords some really impressive views of the MK (and beyond) and is again Classic Disney.

Things that need improvement... Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room. I honestly don't mind if they have a movie tie-in here (Lilo and Stitch would fit okay, actually; and maybe get Stitch out of TL), but the abrasive 'humor' of Iago just ... just no. I know it was built/updated when 'insult the audience' humor was "in", but it's out now, and Iago should go with it. :?

I'm not a huge fan of the Aladdin ride (see above where I docked 0.5 marks for it), but I'm not opposed to having something in that space so ... I'm kind of indifferent to it. It'd be nice if it was well-maintained though, and maybe looked a little less plastic-y. I can kind of understand shoe-horning 'Arabian' theming into the land since it fits there better than in the rest of the MK, but I likewise kind of miss the 'just jungle/caribbean feel'. Ehn. There are worse things in the MK than Aladdin. The ride is kinda fun, too.

It'd also be nice to see El Pirata y el Perico (sp?) open sometimes too, instead of just being a gaping empty space there.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

figment34786

Post by figment34786 » May Thu 15, 2008 6:07 pm

haha! Dumladdin! :D

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » May Thu 15, 2008 6:56 pm

I voted for #3 cause Adventureland does have some classic rides like PoTC and JC. It does contain some attractions like Dumbo and the Swiss Family Tree house that I've never been on. I do think it's an integral part of the MK and I do agree that the Tiki Room needs to be improved.
Amy

abrcrmbegrl20
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by abrcrmbegrl20 » May Thu 15, 2008 9:03 pm

I gave this one a 3. I like it and I really LOVE Dole Whips but it isn't my favorite area.

HSolo29

Post by HSolo29 » May Thu 15, 2008 10:51 pm

Overall, I give it a 4.

As others have said, it's not the most "active" land of the park in terms of attractions but it does have a few classics and the atmosphere more than makes up for the lack of attractions. For me, the scenery and feel of Adventureland is unlike anything else at MK and I can just spend hours sitting in there and enjoying a Dole Whip or listening to the music. Plus, all those trees offer plenty of shade from the Florida sun. 8-)

In terms of attractions, it's a no brainer that PotC is the big draw and is deemed one of the 'classics.' I also hold the JC in the same 'classic' category and maybe it has more to do with nostalgia, but I still think it's great(and yes, it's even better once the sun goes down). I'm indifferent towards Aladdin and the Swiss Family Treehouse but still manage to hit both on every visit. The Tiki Room is the only thing that is a disaster. I can't stand it in its current form and wish they would've left the original alone but that's for another thread.

But yea, Adventureland will always hold a special place in my heart! :mickey:
"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation."

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » May Fri 16, 2008 4:48 am

I have to admit I really like this area of the park. Granted, there isn't a lot of great rides here. But the whole thing together makes it a lot of fun. POTC, oldschool Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Tree House, really set the stage. Even though I hate the Tiki Room, and Aladdin IS just another Dumbo to me they DO really stay on theme of the area. From the way the shops look to the gems around the Dum-er Aladdin ride, this are is one of the best themes.

And although I'm not a fan of Aladdin, the ride is always packed. So it says something about it. People and their kids love it for some reason.

"The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers...the eerie sound of the jungle...with eyes that are always watching. This is Adventureland."
---Walter Elias Disney

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Chernabog » May Fri 16, 2008 10:01 am

Adventure Land is great! Much better to turn right offo of Main Street, as opposed to right. Nothing against Tomorrow Land but Adventure Land is terrific, ambiance wise. The SFR Tree House is great, too many haters out there! JC is what it is. Still ride it, but it is not a must. And when you have POTC in your land, you are an automatic winner! And I never saw the Tiki Room before it was under new management, but I have to imagine it is an improvement? But based on feedback, I guess not. And yes, the music is great! And you gotta love the spitting camel at least!

But walking into it and knowing POTC is just ahead is almost as great as walking down Main Street!

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » May Fri 16, 2008 1:32 pm

This is my favorite land if only for POTC. But it does have much more than that for me. I still love the Jungle Cuise. The right "pilot" makes the attraction. Tiki room was better before they "improved" it, but it's still great when you remember that Walt himself was part of it (on the West Coast at least). This is the one land that still screams Walt Disney was here.

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Sat 17, 2008 4:33 am

Best theming in the park (for my tastes) since Tomorrowland imploded, but I had to deduct 2 points for the horrible new Tiki Room show. Other than that, I have few complaints.

I suppose thinking that the Treehouse is pretty cool is different enough that I should mention it. It's one of the few places where you can get a nice view (RIP Sky Buckets) and the tech is really clever. It's also a nice wienie. And it's unlike anything else at WDW, so it gets points for originality.