What is the best character breakfast in WDW?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

What is the best breakfast in WDW?

Crystal Palace (Pooh)
28%
Princess Breakfast (Norway)
5%
Formerly Breakfast-a-saurus (Not sure of new name)
7%
Playhouse Disney (Hollywood & Vine)
No votes
Cinderella (If you can ever get in!)
9%
Cape May Cafe
14%
Chef Mickey's
23%
Other
14%

Total votes: 43

Chernabog
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

What is the best character breakfast in WDW?

Post by Chernabog » May Fri 09, 2008 10:18 am

I know there are probably more, so please advise!
Last edited by Chernabog on May Fri 09, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » May Fri 09, 2008 10:24 am

I voted for Chef Mickey's mainly for the atmosphere. For me Crystal Palace comes a close second because it is in Magic Kingdom and you can look out at the castle.

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » May Fri 09, 2008 10:31 am

I voted for Cape May more for the food and less for the character interaction. As our kids get older seeing the characters just isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » May Fri 09, 2008 11:01 am

There is nothing like breakfast in the Castle before the park even opens.... deep sigh... great memories with my daugthers when they were little. The food was awesome, excitement filled the air, the princesses were great, and the place was gorgeous. And peeking out at the empty park through the stain glass windows.....

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » May Fri 09, 2008 11:24 am

I really enjoy Spoodles for breakfast
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » May Fri 09, 2008 3:20 pm

i have had breakfast at two places in the past 2 years, 1900 park fair and tusker house in AK. At Tusker House we ate with Goofy, Mickey, Donald, and Daisy. At 1900 Park fair we had Tigger, Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice, and Pooh. They were both great, but TUsker House had more exotic foods as well. THeir signature juice(passion fruit/mango) is amazing!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » May Fri 09, 2008 6:49 pm

Eat breakfast with my family....trust me...best character breakfast yet. the one at the Contemporary is the only one we have done, the food was good...the anticipation watching the monorail come through made the meal distracting...you want to go go go! laugh
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

buccaneerboy
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by buccaneerboy » May Sat 10, 2008 9:11 am

We prefer the Cape May Cafe. The food is always great there. My son seems to like that one the best and he is the true judge on such things.
~Lyle

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;9;131/st/20080518/e/Vacation/k/5c70/event.png[/img]

MissPrincess
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by MissPrincess » May Sat 10, 2008 9:32 am

I love Cinderella's castle. Although breakfast there is the best since you get to experience the park before it's open, any meal there is great.

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » May Sat 10, 2008 11:59 am

I've always enjoyed the Crystal Palace with Pooh, Tigger, etc. although I haven't been to any other character dining for breakfast. The atmosphere is fun and the food is great!
Amy

parkhopper26
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by parkhopper26 » May Sat 10, 2008 2:05 pm

My family & I really enjoyed the character breakast at artist point, it is no longer there but the food was great and pooh & friends
were at the meal

secondstar
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by secondstar » May Sat 10, 2008 3:31 pm

While I think Cape May has the best food options, I voted for Chrystal Palace because it's personally my favorite. The vacation hasn't started for me until we've had an early breakfast (before the park opens) at the Chrystal Palace. That is ALWAYS my favorite day of the vacation.

It is usually on the vacation's first trip to the Magic Kingdom. But sometimes, however, I make it later in the vacation to help with the impending sadness that is sure to follow (when we leave). It gives me something to look forward to when we've only got one more day left in WDW.
[i]"Herbie, I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train"[/i]

-- Walt Disney

Mupsy90
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Mupsy90 » May Sat 10, 2008 6:50 pm

I voted for chef mickeys :mickey3: we go every trip! I love it :D

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » May Mon 12, 2008 8:13 am

What a TOUGH decision! I voted for CRT because eating in the castle before the park opened was just amazing. But, we also really loved Chef Mickey's. Akershus Princess breakfast had the best food, and the O'Hana breakfast was the most-fun (well, tied with Chef Mickey's). We'd do any of them again.
April, 1998 Coronado Springs
April, 2001 Coronado Springs
January, 2004 All-Star Sports
July, 2005 Caribbean Beach Resort
April, 2006 Pop Century
December, 2006 All-Star Sports
March, 2008 All-Star Movies
April, 2009 All-Star Music
August, 2010 Disney's Swan Resort
August, 2014 Off Property - Caribe Royale

GhostHost
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by GhostHost » May Mon 12, 2008 8:31 am

I will always love Crystal Palace because it was my first character breakfast ever. There is just something really special about being inside the MK eating great food on the first day of your trip, knowing that all of the fun and adventure is right outside! It's always a great experience and I have never been disappointed there. I did try Chef Mickey's once and while the characters were fun, I could not get over the feeling that I was having breakfast at "someone else's" hotel. Not to mention the birds getting in the monorail opening and flying overhead pooping around the food. I think I will pass on Chef Mickey's next time. Tried Cinderellas Castle once and while it was cool to be inside the castle finally, it did not really live up to the hype in my opinion. I would do it again but I wouldn't worry myself to death over getting a reservation here. If you have little girls then you have to do this character breakfast at least once to get the whole princess experience. For myself however, it just does not get any better than Crystal Palace for overall charm, fun and quality.
"Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time, and for a brief moment we have been among it's many passengers." -Spaceship Earth / Epcot

Mission Space 2003 Pioneer Crew