TS Mania new photos

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

rodders
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

TS Mania new photos

Post by rodders » May Thu 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Well, I think it's fair to say that I'm a little excited about one of my favourite films becoming a ride so I'm thrilled to see these photos

http://orlandounited.com/news/toystorymania.html

Looks great to me :D
1980, 2000, 2005 and 2008 all had plenty of magic. Hoping for a bit more in 2010.

Sleeping Beauty 5
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Sleeping Beauty 5 » May Thu 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Awesome! Now I can't wait to go see it for myself. Thanks for the link!
Amy

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Thu 01, 2008 8:44 pm

With as much of a bias as I have against PIXAR rides, I have to admit that the queue of this ride looks amazing. It's completely immersive, like you're inside a toy box - and I'm getting this feeling just from looking at pictures :lol: . I was imagining another queue like Buzz Lightyear, but this is amazing.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Thu 01, 2008 10:16 pm

This looks like an amazing attraction. I can't wait to ride it in July!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » May Thu 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Looks like this is going to me a good one. :mickey3:

WVParkfan
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by WVParkfan » May Fri 02, 2008 6:59 am

I'm not sure why anyone would have such trepidation over a Pixar-themed area in the parks. I mean, you've got a Lucas area (Star Wars- not Disney), you've got a Muppets area (Henson - not Disney), a Rock n' Roller Coaster area (Aerosmith - not Disney), a ride based mostly on movies that were not produced by Disney (Great Movie Ride), and a huge show that is not based on a Disney movie (Indiana Jones). And all of these are in the same park!

So, what's so "un-Disney" about Pixar? Doesn't the Mouse own Pixar now?

Regardless, the photos look great, and I can't wait to come back to the Studios to see it.

CDAbleson

Post by CDAbleson » May Fri 02, 2008 7:30 am

Looks Good, and I will be getting there on 8/1/08......HOORAY!

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » May Fri 02, 2008 9:55 am

Wow!! Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing the link!

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Fri 02, 2008 12:09 pm

WVParkfan wrote:I'm not sure why anyone would have such trepidation over a Pixar-themed area in the parks.
I wouldn't mind if they kept Pixar confined to the Studios, which is the place all the outside properties should go. Frankly, it would keep it all corralled in my least favorite park and I'd have the best of both worlds.

In general, though, it's not so much an animosity towards Pixar itself (their movies have indisputably been better than almost all of Disney's recent stuff), it's the way Pixar is jammed into every park without regard to theming. The objection is very much symbolic at this point.

Every time people hear that this or that is being converted into Pixar territory, it's a reminder that Disney has been doing its best to insult the guests as much as possible recently. This reaction isn't entirely fair since, as you point out, the Studios is full of stuff like this, and a Pixar area is completely reasonable within the confines of the Studios.

Fair or not, that's the explanation for the reaction of "Ugh, not again!".

Joe90
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Joe90 » May Fri 02, 2008 1:56 pm

I'm with Schnemo again.
Could they just move Buzz and Nemo in here as well please.
"We live in a society absolutely dependent on science and technology and yet have cleverly arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. " Carl Sagan

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Fri 02, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would have such trepidation over a Pixar-themed area in the parks.
/begin rant

For this one in particular, it's not so much that it's PIXAR, but that it's another ride based on Toy Story with almost the exact same idea behind it. How can one idea exist in teo places at once? It's just like how the Fantasyland characters are allowed to show up in the real countries of world showcase.

If a "pixarland" had been built earlier, and all the PIXAR rides had been in that one area from the beginning I would have no problem with PIXAR.

I don't fully agree with attractions such as Star Tours and Indy, nor do I fully disagree with them. It's a completely different entity than PIXAR. The studios park was designed to showcase many Hollywood movies (excluding Universal's films) and eventually other Hollywood media. This included Disney, MGM and anyone else that would offer their movies to Disney for use at the park (Lucas).

As far as the Dl versions are concered: Walt Disney used many of his live action movies in the parks (20K, Siwss Family). The only issue I have is that it's a Disney park and these are not Disney movies. However, it's still not as bad as having animated characters appear all over the place. The live-action movies are at least based in a reality world and are relevant to the lands they inhabit.

/end rant

Like I said, I think the ride is going to be fantastic. It's just that I'm tired of PIXAR showing up wherever there's a vacancy. This new PIXAR place is where the PIXAR rides should be placed, but if that's the case, they should all be placed there.

figment34786
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by figment34786 » May Fri 02, 2008 3:48 pm

I can't wait! :mickey: This ride is going to be SO cool, just by looking at those que pictures!

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » May Fri 02, 2008 4:19 pm

It's also just rude of Lasseter to shove his creations down everyone's throat like this. Even if they planned to eventually infect everything with Pixar, they could have a teeny tiny little bit of tact about it.
Cheshire Cat wrote:...it's another ride based on Toy Story with almost the exact same idea behind it.
That's an excellent point. It's even worse than following "Where's Nemo?" in a place it didn't belong with "Where's Donald?" in a place it didn't belong. The lack of imagination is breathtaking.

Although if they are thinking of doing another shooting game, I would love the opportunity to shoot Stitch (or Eisner) in the face.
I don't fully agree with attractions such as Star Tours and Indy, nor do I fully disagree with them.
I don't care much either way about them either. Actually, I care more about Aerosmith, because it's got nothing to do with the Studios theme and it's inappropriate material for a Disney park in any case.

My major beef is that a movie studio is a terrible (not to mention completely unoriginal) idea for a park. The point of a studios tour is to show you what goes on behind the scenes, and the point of a theme park is to hide all that and trick you into having a special experience.

A Pixarland is fine (it's at least as coherent of a premise as Fantasyland), but a studio-themed Pixar land makes no sense. There are no sets and props, no "backstage". Not much could be as boring as showing you a Macintosh with Buzz and Woody on it to explain how the film was made. And if they go and make the area immersive, like a typical Disney park, with no meta movie theme, then they've openly admitted that the studios idea is stupid.

Which, basically, they have already, given that their big time attraction (the one they're maintaining properly anyway) is the Tower of Terror, which doesn't have a hint of a studio concept in it.

Erm, /rant off or whatever.

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » May Fri 02, 2008 8:06 pm

Captain Schnemo wrote:It's also just rude of Lasseter to shove his creations down everyone's throat like this. Even if they planned to eventually infect everything with Pixar, they could have a teeny tiny little bit of tact about it.
This is my issue with it and why I'm both interested in TSM and kind of reluctant to go and enjoy it. Based solely on the queue - which is only a rough indicator of the ride but at this point it's all we have - it looks good. It looks well done and while not particularly imaginative, it looks like it's probably fun.

I like Pixar things. I think Lasseter's a creative and generally pretty cool guy. Why, oh why, can't he steer WDI to apply that creativity and 'generally pretty coolness' to things that aren't his pet projects? :? It's more than kind of self-serving, in my opinion. It's starting to seem like he wants to put his fingerprints all over as much of Disney as he can while he has a chance and to hell with working on Things Disney(TM) for their own sake. At this point, I won't be surprised when the next hotel is the pyramid-shaped King Lasseter Resort and Mausoleum.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]

sgrfunk
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper

Post by sgrfunk » May Fri 02, 2008 11:53 pm

wow! That is going to be one awesome ride once its completed.