Which Disney ride/attraction should be fixed next?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Which Ride/Attraction Should Be The Next One Recieving a Facelift/Drastic Change?

Jungle Cruise
16%
Space Mountain
9%
Star Tours
23%
Soarin'
4%
Tom Sawyer Island
9%
Tomorrowland Speedway
14%
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3%
Carosel of Progress
8%
Universe of Energy
10%
Test Track
1%
Other (Please Specify)
3%

Total votes: 77

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Which Disney ride/attraction should be fixed next?

Post by DIAC1987 » Mar Tue 25, 2008 9:48 pm

It looks like under the new boss, Disney is instead preferring to fix-up totally change what they already have rather than fix new rides. We've seen new versions of Pirates of the Caribbean (with Captain Jack), Haunted Mansion (With a new storyline, new rooms), Rio Del Tiempo (Now its Three Caballeros-themed), and Spaceship Earth (With new scene, and a new ending).

My question to you all is, which ride/attraction should be the next one to go through a drastic change or a mere face-lift? Here are some of my choices:

1) Jungle Cruise: Its a good attraction (with the right staff), but it can definitely benefit from some new scenery, new animals, new areas to explore and for the cast members to make fun of.

2) Space Mountain: The ride is falling apart, and can really use some cleaning up at least. An entirely new track layout would be great, but not exactly totally needed. Today I asked a cast member about the refurbishing rumors, and they said its on their list of plans, but no date is set. Perhaps they don't want to upset the 70,000 that they've been receiving on busy times lately...

3) Soarin': Great ride, but could use some cleaning up, and can have a few new scenes thrown in

4) Star Tours: Its become very dated, its time for a change. Battle of Hoth, bring it on!

5) Tomorrowland Speedway: The cars are looking a little dated and dirty, and the track itself can be a bit longer if they really wanted to try

6) Tom Sawyer Island: When is the last time they added ANYTHING to this attraction?

7) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Its a classic attraction, but I can't help but ponder what would happen if they made the ride a bit longer and faster?

I might be a bit on the picky side since Ive been to the parks so many times, but the one that definitely needs a change for sure is Star Tours and Space Mountain in my opinion, the others I can do without.

What's your pick?

meticulus9
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by meticulus9 » Mar Wed 26, 2008 4:41 am

star tours or COP

cap396
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cap396 » Mar Wed 26, 2008 6:17 am

I voted for The Jungle Cruise. I went on the Jungle Cruise at Hong Kong Disneyland and was amazed at the realism of the audio-animatronics and the special effects.

My second choice would be Star Tours. I love that ride and would like to see an update.

skull
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by skull » Mar Wed 26, 2008 6:37 am

I voted star tours, cause like you said, it's getting dated. I think there could be so much more that could be done with it!
[img]http://www.adamandshannan.info/skull/skullsm.jpg[/img]

lebeau

Post by lebeau » Mar Wed 26, 2008 7:31 am

Hands down Space Mountain. Fortunately, this is rumored to happen soon anyway. (Of course, that's an old rumor but this time it really looks like it might happen.) It's sad to see an MK e-ticket so neglected.

Star Tours should be updates sooner rather than later, if they can ever work something out with George Lucas. At least, I hear that's part of the problem.

luv2cthemouse

Post by luv2cthemouse » Mar Wed 26, 2008 10:20 am

Jungle Cruise - or as I like to call it, the Jungle Snooze

DIAC1987
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by DIAC1987 » Mar Wed 26, 2008 10:31 am

luv2cthemouse wrote:Jungle Cruise - or as I like to call it, the Jungle Snooze
Not always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfB6sWMTQwU

People like him make the ride enjoyable, but we need more scenes and animals regardless to keep the ride fresh.

JWG

Post by JWG » Mar Wed 26, 2008 2:02 pm

I said Universe of Energy since it is soooo dated in 1996 with no consideration of alternative energy sources and such. 12 years is a long time for a future world attraction to be left.

I thought about Space (but already rumored for '08), Star Tours (rumors suggest v2.0 is already in the works), COP (really my 1st choice, but rumored to go away and really ALL of Tomorrowland could be put in the needs work category less maybe Buzz and Monsters).
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/HeathenAngel/Avatars%20Etc/epcot-fan.gif[/img][/url][url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/budz211/horizons.gif[/img][/url]
[img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/space-mountain2.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneypedia.org/_i/banners/bar/SR_fan.gif[/img]

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Mar Wed 26, 2008 2:16 pm

skull wrote:I voted star tours, cause like you said, it's getting dated. I think there could be so much more that could be done with it!
I would like to see Star Tours in 3-D!! That would be awesome, dodging asteroids....LOL
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Mar Wed 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Of those, I would say Space Mountain. That ride is so jerky, it's really not fun for me anymore. It feels like I'm tossed around too much, and those seats are kind of hard to get in and out of. :P

Another one is the Indy Speedway. The exhaust from the cars is unbearable, and the steering is difficult. I had a car once where I couldn't control it at all.

The Jungle Cruise, I'm fine with. Not too long ago, I had an awesome skipper (Sean, I believe), and he was so funny. He had some jokes I've never heard before and he had us all laughing. I give him credit because it was probably almost 11:50pm, and the park closed after we got out.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Mar Wed 26, 2008 5:28 pm

I voted for Universe of Energy... not only could the attraction itself use a new narrator or potential storyline, but energy science is progressing and leaving the universe behind. It's the only one on the list I'm begininning the cringe at during the ride. While some of the other rides are a little "worn-in" they're still rideable.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Wed 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Definitely Star Tours, it's very dated and needs help! I don't think COP of should be touched, maybe just the last scene. But, that's a classic!

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Mar Thu 27, 2008 6:31 am

Cheshire Cat wrote:I voted for Universe of Energy... not only could the attraction itself use a new narrator or potential storyline, but energy science is progressing and leaving the universe behind.
The current storyline was outdated ten years before the update!

skull

Post by skull » Mar Thu 27, 2008 7:13 am

DIAC1987 wrote:
luv2cthemouse wrote:Jungle Cruise - or as I like to call it, the Jungle Snooze
Not always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfB6sWMTQwU

People like him make the ride enjoyable, but we need more scenes and animals regardless to keep the ride fresh.

haha skipper chris is great!

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Mar Thu 27, 2008 7:41 am

The Speedway! You can ride cars like that at any amusement park. The thing needs to be Disneytized. Where's Lightning McQueen? Mater?