Eating in Cinderella Castle

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Have you ever eaten in Cinderella Castle

Yes, I do everyday - I'm Cinderella!!!
No votes
Yes, more than once - I wish I was Cinderella ;-)
31%
Yes, once
41%
No, but I would like to
26%
No, and I never would want to
1%

Total votes: 70

Guy
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Eating in Cinderella Castle

Post by Guy » Feb Fri 29, 2008 9:47 am

Last time I was in the Magic Kingdom my wife and I thought we might see whether it would be possible to eat in the restaurant in the castle - we were quite shocked to learn that there was a 3 month waiting list so not this time. I was wondering if any of you had eaten there and if so what it was like.

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Feb Fri 29, 2008 10:06 am

I put in Yes More than once, although I don't wish I was Cinderella.

The waiting list starts a 190days out, not 90. It's a hard ticket to get. And it use to be a good character meal. Last year they changed it, we've not been there in the last 3-4 trips and I don't think we plan to return anytime soon.

The food, the show, the crowed it all pretty much wasn't worth it. the ONLY reason I would book Cindy's now is before opening and that would be to get into the park early and take pictures with the park empty.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

SWHorn
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by SWHorn » Feb Fri 29, 2008 11:02 am

We ate there once when it was King Stefan's, but that doesn't really count here. And we ate there once on our last trip.

I thought it was entertaining, and I'm glad we had the experience. The food wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad. I don't think it was worth the cost, and I will probably never do it again (unless I have a daughter who desperately wants to go :) ).
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Feb Fri 29, 2008 11:09 am

With two daughters, I've eaten there more times than I can remember!

bbowen13
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by bbowen13 » Feb Fri 29, 2008 11:56 am

Yes I have been more than once, no I do not wish to be Cinderella. The times I have been there th food has been very good although it has been 5+ years since I have been. There have been many post on here about a price increase, so I am not sure I will be back. It was good to go there a couple of times but I have found other places better in the MK. If you are looking for a good breakfast I would suggest the Crystal Palace.

lebeau
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by lebeau » Feb Fri 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Haven't been yet. Despite all the negative things I've heard about it not being worth it, I plan to try it someday.

SWHorn

Post by SWHorn » Feb Fri 29, 2008 12:11 pm

lebeau wrote:Haven't been yet. Despite all the negative things I've heard about it not being worth it, I plan to try it someday.
I think it's worth it once. At least you can say you did it and had the experience.
No fear hath ye of evil curses, says you.
Arrrrrr.
Properly warned ye be, says I.

lebeau

Post by lebeau » Feb Fri 29, 2008 12:13 pm

SWHorn wrote:
lebeau wrote:Haven't been yet. Despite all the negative things I've heard about it not being worth it, I plan to try it someday.
I think it's worth it once. At least you can say you did it and had the experience.
That's pretty much my thinking. My daughter is 2, so I'm in no hurry. I figure we'll do it when she's older and will get more out of it.

When we went last year, she wouldn't have known who any of the Princesses were.

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Feb Fri 29, 2008 12:32 pm

well they have replaced the princesses with a show with fairy godmother, and Suzy and Perla.

If you want Princesses goto Norway or 1900

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

Calypso

Post by Calypso » Feb Fri 29, 2008 1:59 pm

like Wolf said, if you want Princesses, go to Norway. The fairy godmother and mice interaction is SO not worth the price. But, I still recommend eating in the Castle once!!!

TheCheshireStitch

Post by TheCheshireStitch » Feb Fri 29, 2008 3:48 pm

i'm surprised that people say/hear a lot of negative things about Cindy's royal table.

my hubby and i go there a couple of times a year. we love it! the food is great, the show is cute, and it's just romantic being in the castle, especially if you get a good view at the window:) we're going again in may.

for kids, i'm sure they'd love getting to meet cinderella and to take a pic. also, they'd like the show.

we also get lithographs for going, and a free pic of us with cinderella. i;m not sure if they do the lithos all the time.

if you do go, make sure to try the spring roll appetizer and the raspberry sorbet for dessert! the buckle desserts are good, too (they used to have blueberry but i think it's some chocolate buckle now...)
DVC member SSR, Annual Passholder

Disney pin trading nut!

Hubby and I are Disney fanatics! Visit "the world" 3 times a year. <3

:ccat: :jack: :figment:

lebeau

Post by lebeau » Feb Fri 29, 2008 5:30 pm

jcodirewolf wrote:well they have replaced the princesses with a show with fairy godmother, and Suzy and Perla.

If you want Princesses goto Norway or 1900

johno
I did not realize that! I may still try it out someday. But the fairy godmother and mice aren't going to be a draw for us.

I actually had lunch scheduled at Norway, but we didn't make it. Like I said before, my daughter was too young to even know who the Princesses were. She barely knew who Mickey was. But she's all about the Princesses now, so I'm sure we'll keep our appointment next time.

stinoi

Post by stinoi » Feb Fri 29, 2008 6:35 pm

We ate dinner at Cindy's when we were there in 2006. We scheduled a late meal (after 8:00) so we could avoid the crowd. It was romantic for the two of us to be there as the fireworks started. We weren't really into the character experience, but it was a sweet addition.

The cost was high and was our most expensive meal of the entire trip. If I remember correctly, it was more than $90 for the two of us. I'm not sure if the price has increased since then.

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Feb Fri 29, 2008 8:23 pm

I believe they have dropped the lithograph, and the wands/swords from the meal.

The food is NOT that good. Personally I would rather eat at Boma's or Crystal Palace.

johno

DisBeamer
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by DisBeamer » Feb Fri 29, 2008 8:41 pm

I voted more than once, though I'm not sure about the 'being Cinderella' thing (those shoes look uncomfortable ;) ).

I actually haven't eaten there since 2004, before they changed all the dining to character-stuff. They used to serve some really good food for dinner ... stilton-crusted potatoes ... *drool*. I haven't really had any interest to go since they switched to all characters/fixed price stuff. I still think it's worth going once if you've never been though, as others have said, for the experience.
~ Caroline

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/atoning_unifex/Caroline%20Gaia/tta.gif[/img]