Romance - Disney-style!

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Sep Fri 21, 2007 2:11 pm

Wow. My wife and I will be celebrating our ten year anniversary next year and I can't wait. We are talking about renewing our vows, and after reading this and all the comments, I can't believe I never thought about renewing them at Disney. Now... how do I convince her...hmmmmm :?

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"'
---Walter Elias Disney

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Fri 21, 2007 8:49 pm

That was my dream wedding! Great pictures!!! :D

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Sat 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Well, my DIsney wedding was shot down by my fiance, but i did manage to propse to ehr there. It was at Chef Mickey and the chracters came over when I was doing it. A greeter filmed it for me and the entire place waved their napkins. It was awesome!! Also, if you tell your hotel you are celebrating an anniversary or any special occasion they sometimes hook you up. Even though I had a special rate at the All-Star Music resort, they moved me up to the first building, king size bed pool view. When my parents went to the Port Orleans, they gave them a river view, king bed, and a free horse drawn carriage ride. :ccat: :hatter_bounce:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 23, 2007 1:32 pm

My husband and I are celebrating our 1st Ann. there next month, our travel agent noted that we're celebrating, hopefully they'll hook us up!!! They did when we went for our honeymoon, we stayed at the Poly, they bumped us from a standard room, to the concierge level, MK view room!!! We were so excited we hardly knew what to do with ourselves. Needless to say, we are so spoiled from our honeymoon, it's hard to top that one now! :roll:

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Sun 23, 2007 3:35 pm

boilerbabe, where are you staying on your trip, i can tell you what they mey do dependeing on where it is...and when you enter the park, just like the birthday buttons, they have anniversary buttons as well
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 23, 2007 8:31 pm

Our travel agent noted it's our Ann. so I'm pretty sure we'll get our buttons upon arrival?! For the first 3 nights we're staying at the Caribbean then we're staying the other 5 nights at the Polynesian! :D My parents will also be with us for the first part of our trip and we're celebrating my dad's 60th too!!! Hopefully Disney will treat us nicely! Any idea what they might do yodiwan1???

jcodirewolf
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jcodirewolf » Sep Mon 24, 2007 6:03 am

boilerbabe wrote:Our travel agent noted it's our Ann. so I'm pretty sure we'll get our buttons upon arrival?!
That has never happened for us. We didn't even get our "Just Married" buttons from the wedding crew, you would think they would just pony those up after you paid for the wedding at Disney. We have always (even though it's always been on our reservation) had to go to Guest Services to get them.

So I would say don't count on it. Let them know on check-in what day you are celebrating it on, and they will most likely put something in the room for you (we've gotten some champaign, and Mickey confetti before.)

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Mon 24, 2007 11:03 am

Ok, we'll be sure to let them know. Champaign would be nice! For our honeymoon they were constantly leaving things in our room.

Thanks for the info!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Mon 24, 2007 11:36 am

i would call the hotel yourself just to make sure. You may even get a call form mickey one morning if you place a wakeup call. You can def. have Mickey call your father for his bday. At both hotels they may offer you a king bed, or a great view, or hopefully both. Good luck!!!

jcodirewolf

Post by jcodirewolf » Sep Mon 24, 2007 1:25 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Ok, we'll be sure to let them know. Champaign would be nice! For our honeymoon they were constantly leaving things in our room.

Thanks for the info!
Sounds like they took better care of you with your honeymoon than they did for us while we where down there for our wedding. And they knew all about it since we had a room block, and all that.

I drove my wife crasy once with the mickey confetti, I sorted it by colors I forget why, but I was left alone with nothing to do so I sorted it.

johno
[color=red]Updated![/color] For 2008 - [url=http://www.direwolf.com/Dreams/]Million Dreams Postcard Generator[/url]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Wed 26, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm really surprised that Disney treated you that way since you were having your wedding there! Very disappointed to hear that.

And what did you do with the sorted confetti?! LOL :D

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Thu 27, 2007 5:28 am

boilerbabe wrote: Any idea what they might do...
Ensure that you stop by guest services at Epcot and MK for birthday buttons and have him wear them the entire time - he'll get special treatement from CMs and characters.

Also, your TA probably (hopefully) has ensured to note birthday (and anniversary) on the resort reservation and on all of your dining arrangements he/she made for you - you'll most likely end up with a special dessert and something fun back in the room such as a signed character photo with balloons. :D

And I'd dare say your TA will provide you with some special treatement, too (maybe that champagne sent to the room, gift basket or a nice bottle of wine at your anniversary dinner)! Have a blast on your trip!
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Thu 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Thanks so much!!! We're looking forward to it! I'll have to report back after our trip. Our honeymoon was fantastic, so I'm sure this will be as well. :)