Your an Imagineer in charge of adding a New Country to Epcot

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

Captain Schnemo
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by Captain Schnemo » Sep Tue 25, 2007 3:52 am

Joe90 wrote:I would have reservations about adding a Middle Eastern Nation. Essentialy they are all majority Arabic.
There are some notable exceptions (even the United Arab Emirates doesn't have a primarily Arabic population and Iranians go nuts when you call them Arabs), but you make a good point. A lot of these "nations" have lines drawn by outsiders and don't exactly have coherent identities. It's also likely that a few of them won't exist in the form we know them now for as long as Epcot exists.

In light of all that, Morocco is actually a pretty good choice. Too bad it doesn't have a significant attraction. I'd love to see some acknowledgement of what the Muslim world was up to in terms of science and math while Europe was in the middle of the Dark Ages.

Egypt would have been better (you can imagine what it would add to the skyline!), but Morocco is probably a safer choice while at the same time at least being somewhat representational of the area.

Turkey would be pretty cool, although it's also not really an Arab nation.

twitch
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by twitch » Sep Tue 25, 2007 5:59 am

Instead of adding a country, I would demolish the backstage area and build a small hotel behind each of the pavilions. The hotel would be themed appropriately to the country that it represents, and there would be a park gate between the hotel and the pavilion--a gate that required a ticket/room key to pass either direction.

I think that would be way cool...

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » Sep Tue 25, 2007 1:59 pm

ooooh.... Disney's Venetian Hotel :D
I like...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Tue 25, 2007 5:48 pm

I like twitch's idea!!!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Tue 25, 2007 11:00 pm

I would love to spend a night in Norway!!!! Japan would be an amazing hotel as well.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Sep Wed 26, 2007 9:13 am

I would love to see them create an olympic village and theme rides and attractions off of the olympics. maybe have two sections one where the outpost is and one right before Canada. (Summer and Winter games) rides would be easy...imagine a super G ski ride in a simulator like Star Tours, or Ice Skating (teacups laugh) except make them lift and drop. set up 8 coaster cars parallel with each other launch them like rock-n-rollercoaster. each track a different ride, yet what it is to symbolize is a track and field race event and each time they start a race one car will come out victorious and hand out medals to each participant accordingly. (innexpensive medals but think about the attention that would draw!)
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Calypso
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Calypso » Sep Wed 26, 2007 1:26 pm

As I toured the World Showcase on Monday, I thought more about this question. I think a South American country is in order.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Wed 26, 2007 10:41 pm

Because of Animal Kingdom I really don't think they would use any African countries anymore...Africa there has plenty of authenticity already, no need for more at Epcot, something completely new should go in.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Sep Sat 29, 2007 12:42 am

yodiwan1 wrote:Because of Animal Kingdom I really don't think they would use any African countries anymore...Africa there has plenty of authenticity already, no need for more at Epcot, something completely new should go in.
thats a good point.

i always thought they should change club cool into an Antartica pavillion. I thought it was neat when it was Ice Station Cool.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Sep Sat 29, 2007 1:00 am

Croaker wrote: i always thought they should change club cool into an Antartica pavillion. I thought it was neat when it was Ice Station Cool.
while an interesting idea, wouldn;t it be a bit bleak? what kind of new attractions would be there?
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]

Captain Schnemo

Post by Captain Schnemo » Sep Sat 29, 2007 2:09 pm

I've watched enough documentaries on Antarctica to see that there's plenty of interesting stuff to make an attraction about, although the countries are typically about human culture and not so much about nature. I'd like to see some Antarctic action in the Animal Kingdom, actually.

For the same reason, I think there's plenty of room to do something cool with a sub-Saharan African nation in Epcot.

I always thought they should put a People Mover track that runs through all the nations and gives you great stuff to look at, and also functions as transportation around that long walk.

If it used some of the tech they'd planned for the original EPCOT it would rock hard and be an excellent working model for use in other communities.

twitch

Post by twitch » Sep Sat 29, 2007 3:14 pm

I love the people-mover idea!!!! They'd have to work carefully to fit it into the skyline so as to not detract from the great views (and that's probably one major reason they haven't done it), but it would be a lot of fun to see exhibits from each country in a way that you couldn't see from the ground.

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Sep Sun 30, 2007 4:40 pm

js3901 wrote:
Croaker wrote: i always thought they should change club cool into an Antartica pavillion. I thought it was neat when it was Ice Station Cool.
while an interesting idea, wouldn;t it be a bit bleak? what kind of new attractions would be there?
thats why i chose the club cool...small. toss a couple of penguin's stuffed animals...laugh.

people mover would be awesome...I'd like to see them connect the parks with monorails, or if they just ran one from MGM to Animal Kingdom therefore it would all be walkable.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Sun 30, 2007 6:39 pm

i could see a skyway attraction going from china to canada or something like that. right over the lagoon.!!!! that would kick ass!!!

js3901

Post by js3901 » Sep Sun 30, 2007 9:08 pm

no, not over the lagoon. It'd be really difficult to pull that off what with Illuminations going off every night. I think the Friendship fleet (the boats) are enough to get from one side to the other.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, Relayer, WDW Freak
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4845/userbar499931tz9.gif[/img][/url]