O Canada Refurb

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » Aug Sat 11, 2007 11:09 pm

Martin Short will be hosting yet another attraction.

Esmeralda
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Esmeralda » Aug Sun 12, 2007 1:54 pm

FlatlandMounty wrote:Martin Short will be hosting yet another attraction.
I'm a little confused. In addition to Canada or does he already host something?
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Hypermommy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Sun 12, 2007 6:22 pm

He did The Making of Me, although that was in the Wonders of Life pavillion which is now closed (er, opened seasonally -- and last December when I saw Cranium Command, Making of Me wasn't open). I thought I remembered hearing of him doing something else too, but I don't remember what.
[color=purple][size=117][b]Hypermommy[/b][/size][/color]

Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda » Aug Sun 12, 2007 6:29 pm

Hypermommy wrote:He did The Making of Me, although that was in the Wonders of Life pavillion which is now closed (er, opened seasonally -- and last December when I saw Cranium Command, Making of Me wasn't open). I thought I remembered hearing of him doing something else too, but I don't remember what.
That explains it - I've never seen The Making of Me. Hope he (and Disney) do a bang up job on the new Canada film. I can't wait till I get to see it in January!
Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Sun 12, 2007 6:33 pm

I will always have fond memories of that attraction. When my eldest was 5yo his pediatrician said I needed to explain a bit of the facts of life to him. I was floored -- I mean, he was only 5!! But he said if I didn't, some middle schooler would take great pleasure on the bus doing it for me. I never thought I'd have a problem talking to the boys about that kind of stuff, but he was soooo little. Fortunately, that very year we were going to Disney. And Making of Me was playing. It was very well done and a very good explanation. Every time I hear it now I smile thinking about how I ducked out of that one with Mickey's help.

YZFDonor
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by YZFDonor » Aug Sun 12, 2007 8:33 pm

I can't wait to see the new one! I love O' Canada eventhough a Canadian friend of mine says it's corny and it's "obvious" the woman singing isn't Canadian! :)

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » Aug Mon 13, 2007 10:17 am

Umm you friend is wrong. Anne Murray sings the O' Canada theme song. She is from the small Nova Scotia coal mining town of Springhill.

As for the new changes I think Martin Short will be good, he does voice overs well. Dunno about the song... guess I will have to hear it and make a judgment.

Luckily we have the original here on SR. :)

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

briar_rose_59
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by briar_rose_59 » Aug Thu 16, 2007 2:59 pm

I've heard that they're adding in Martin Short, and Eva Avila's doing the song for the new film. :roll: If that proves to be true it'll probably be reason enough for me to stay away. I kinda like Martin Short, but Eva Avila makes me want to claw my ears off or something lol.

ETA: oops, the page wasn't letting me get past the first page lol! I see this has all already been brought up :oops:
Briar Rose
:wave:

rdeacon

Post by rdeacon » Aug Mon 20, 2007 11:12 am

Disney has confirmed that Martin Short will narrate and Eva Avila singing the music of "O Canada!"
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- In September, Walt Disney World guests can glimpse today's Canada in a 14-minute motion picture presented in CircleVision 360 as a major feature of the Canada pavilion in Epcot World Showcase. Titled "O Canada!" the updated film includes new scenes highlighting Canada's natural beauty, cosmopolitan cities and diverse populace.

In addition, the film is now hosted by Canadian actor Martin Short, whose charm, warmth and wit add a distinct and authentic flair. Walt Disney Imagineers collaborated with the Canadian Tourism Commission to update the film, including new orchestration and images, and Canadian Idol winner Eva Avila singing the music of "O Canada!"

The motion picture takes guests from the far northeastern shores of Newfoundland's Bay of Fundy by railroad to the southwestern beauty and tranquility of Buchart Gardens in British Columbia. Canada's natural beauty is majestically displayed -- from the 800-year-old redwood trees of Cathedral Grove to the astounding splendor of Horseshoe Falls to the snowy mountains of Kananaskis Valley.

The film includes the nation's capital, Ottawa, with its Parliament buildings and Rideau Canal; the sophistication of Toronto, with its nightlife and film festivals; and Quebec City, the cradle of French civilization in Canada. Also mentioned: the not-so-famous but artfully named small towns of Moose Jaw and Medicine Hat. The people of Canada are featured in outdoor activities including skiing, whitewater rafting and hockey.

Rich
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

Hypermommy

Post by Hypermommy » Aug Tue 21, 2007 8:00 am

I'm looking forward to the new movie. Wish they'd keep the song becuase I do like it too. But I wish they'd get rid of the standing up. Swivel chairs would be nice. I can see why they might not want to do it (can squeeze more people in if they're standing) but I always like to sit down. And standing up, looking up and turning around gets me dizzy (yes, I know I am already -- don't say it :lol: )

Blackie Pueblo
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Blackie Pueblo » Aug Tue 21, 2007 12:43 pm

Hypermommy wrote: Swivel chairs would be nice. I can see why they might not want to do it (can squeeze more people in if they're standing) but I always like to sit down. And standing up, looking up and turning around gets me dizzy (yes, I know I am already -- don't say it :lol: )
I have to agree. I love Canada but I wish there was a way we could sit. Too bad they couldn't section it off or something so people could ly down or at least sit.

"...it was all started by a mouse."
---Walter Elias Disney

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Sep Thu 27, 2007 10:58 am

i just watched the new Canada film with Martin Short on Inside the Magic podcast. Wow it was good. of course they kept most if not all of the original film but it was done so well i didn't get bored like i usually do when watching it. I'll actually take my family to see this next time we go. (they hated the first one.)
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Thu 27, 2007 8:15 pm

We'll have to check this out next month when we go, my dad loves Canada and he always makes us go through the movie! Sounds like it will be a little more interesting this time around. :)

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Sep Fri 28, 2007 12:09 am

some of the craziest and friendlist CM are in Canada, I have some great video of when I worked there!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

tmptnr

Post by tmptnr » Oct Mon 01, 2007 12:14 am

O Canada.... I like this movie. my mom always sings O canada hahaha