Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

All four parks, waterparks, and other magic in Central Florida

Moderator: Moderators

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 229
Joined: Nov Thu 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY

Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jan Wed 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Hi all! My family got me a weekend trip for my birthday in May and we are staying at Coronado Springs for the first time.
Anybody have any favorite things there? Small magical things to look for?
Areas/wings I should ask for a room in?

Also, I was looking at a map and....does anyone walk home from MGM / World Showcase? It almost looks like you could. Does it just suck or is it pretty fast? Thinking of ways to avoid bus lines. Or are the lines not that bad actually?

Thanks!
:D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 13, 2016 3:29 pm

From the Coronado? I don't think you can walk from any park from it. While there are roads, there are no sidewalks. The only resorts in that area you can walk to/from the parks would be the boardwalk, beach/yacht club, and swan/dolphin hotels (there is a devoted footpath between Epcot and DHS that follows the same route as the boat).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Yeah, the Coronado isn't within walking distance of any of the parks. My brother has stayed there a few times for conferences and really liked the resort itself. I'll ask him the next time I talk to him if there is anything in particular he would suggest.
Nice birthday present ~ your family knows you well! :D

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 229
Joined: Nov Thu 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jan Thu 14, 2016 6:04 pm

Ha! True!

Thanks for checking Amy! Totally new territory for me. Usually at the All-Stars and then walk out late of World Showcase and beg a bus driver at Boardwalk to drop me home. They always seem happy to do so! I was looking at the satellite photos and yeah I guess you are right Wizzard149 - no sidewalks. Boo.

grimmghosts96
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 166
Joined: Aug Mon 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by grimmghosts96 » Jan Tue 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Coronado Springs is great. Especially since the rooms have been redecorated. Been there 4-5x and stayed there back in June 2015 when I was marching in the Star Wars Weekends Parade.

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 229
Joined: Nov Thu 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Jan Wed 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Great! Thanks all!

Favorite "Quiet pools"?

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by figmentaholic » Feb Sun 14, 2016 7:07 pm

I just came back from a stay at the Coranado Springs.

It is a nice resort, The rooms are a bit bigger than where we usually stayed (Pop Century).

The big issue I had was that because of how its set up, all the regular rooms are not close at all to the front. There are bus stops around the outside, so you don't need to go to the front to get to the parks, and there is a tv screen that has when the next buses are coming (and they were very accurate) so that was nice.

But of course to get to the food court and to refill your mugs (assuming you get them) it was a long walk, so we didn't hardly use our mugs at all. And I guess I was spoiled because the Pop Century food course has so much food, the food court at Coranado isn't even half the size, with less choices and you cant get 20 oz sodas which was weird.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 14, 2016 7:40 pm

figmentaholic wrote:I just came back from a stay at the Coranado Springs.

It is a nice resort, The rooms are a bit bigger than where we usually stayed (Pop Century).

The big issue I had was that because of how its set up, all the regular rooms are not close at all to the front. There are bus stops around the outside, so you don't need to go to the front to get to the parks, and there is a tv screen that has when the next buses are coming (and they were very accurate) so that was nice.

But of course to get to the food court and to refill your mugs (assuming you get them) it was a long walk, so we didn't hardly use our mugs at all. And I guess I was spoiled because the Pop Century food course has so much food, the food court at Coranado isn't even half the size, with less choices and you cant get 20 oz sodas which was weird.
That's a good tip about the regular rooms being further away from the front. It really puts a damper on that expensive length of stay mug if you don't get to use it!

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by figmentaholic » Feb Sun 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:I just came back from a stay at the Coranado Springs.

It is a nice resort, The rooms are a bit bigger than where we usually stayed (Pop Century).

The big issue I had was that because of how its set up, all the regular rooms are not close at all to the front. There are bus stops around the outside, so you don't need to go to the front to get to the parks, and there is a tv screen that has when the next buses are coming (and they were very accurate) so that was nice.

But of course to get to the food court and to refill your mugs (assuming you get them) it was a long walk, so we didn't hardly use our mugs at all. And I guess I was spoiled because the Pop Century food course has so much food, the food court at Coranado isn't even half the size, with less choices and you cant get 20 oz sodas which was weird.
That's a good tip about the regular rooms being further away from the front. It really puts a damper on that expensive length of stay mug if you don't get to use it!


Yeah, I mean we did the play stay and dine so they were included. But I guess like I said, we were spoiled by Pop Century (which sounds weird for a value resort). We always stayed at a block of rooms close to the front so we could easily walk to the gift shop, pool, arcade, and food court. And the food court at the POP is literally the best out of all the places I have stayed in the World, and I have stayed at quite a few different hotels. And the choice of food is just amazing.
Is it the best food ever? Well, no. But there are TONS of choices, and huge sections for desserts, pastries, drinks, fruits, and such.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18467
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 15, 2016 2:26 pm

figmentaholic wrote:Yeah, I mean we did the play stay and dine so they were included. But I guess like I said, we were spoiled by Pop Century (which sounds weird for a value resort). We always stayed at a block of rooms close to the front so we could easily walk to the gift shop, pool, arcade, and food court. And the food court at the POP is literally the best out of all the places I have stayed in the World, and I have stayed at quite a few different hotels. And the choice of food is just amazing.
Is it the best food ever? Well, no. But there are TONS of choices, and huge sections for desserts, pastries, drinks, fruits, and such.
We only stayed the one night at Pop and the food court was so noisy the next morning. Was it always like that the times you've stayed there, or do you think we were simply there at a super busy time?

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 830
Joined: Sep Wed 16, 2009 10:30 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Mar Mon 07, 2016 11:11 am

I just booked a trip to CS for the Easter break---I have never stayed there before, but it was the best deal going at the time so I figured I would give it a shot. If I can shed any more light on the subject, I will post in here.

I hope I like it! :)

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by cy1229 » Mar Tue 08, 2016 12:35 am

Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:Yeah, I mean we did the play stay and dine so they were included. But I guess like I said, we were spoiled by Pop Century (which sounds weird for a value resort). We always stayed at a block of rooms close to the front so we could easily walk to the gift shop, pool, arcade, and food court. And the food court at the POP is literally the best out of all the places I have stayed in the World, and I have stayed at quite a few different hotels. And the choice of food is just amazing.
Is it the best food ever? Well, no. But there are TONS of choices, and huge sections for desserts, pastries, drinks, fruits, and such.
We only stayed the one night at Pop and the food court was so noisy the next morning. Was it always like that the times you've stayed there, or do you think we were simply there at a super busy time?
When the girls and I stayed there in 2008, the food court was always chaotic.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Alacrity
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Posts: 290
Joined: Jul Fri 25, 2008 3:50 pm
Location: Central Illinois
Contact:

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by Alacrity » Mar Tue 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Haven't stayed there myself but happened upon this article that might be of intrest at disneydining.com:

http://www.disneydining.com/do-you-know ... gs-resort/

kelpseaweedkelp
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 229
Joined: Nov Thu 21, 2013 2:10 pm
Location: Far Rockaway, NY

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by kelpseaweedkelp » Mar Wed 23, 2016 4:01 pm

Alacrity wrote:Haven't stayed there myself but happened upon this article that might be of intrest at disneydining.com:

http://www.disneydining.com/do-you-know ... gs-resort/

Nice. Thanks. This pool looks awesome. I'm also intrigued by the beautiful wetland - anybody know anything about mosquito control in DWorld? :)

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: Anybody a Coronado Springs expert?

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Wed 30, 2016 6:49 am

I just wanted to throw this in here, as I have never really seen much on or stayed at Coronado. My girlfriend and I were watching a some youtube vids from a really great Disney couple who live near WDW. They were staying at Coronado and man........wow! That place looks so cool! I've never really given that place a good look-see, but based on what was shown in the video, that resort looks very nicely themed. All the temple ruins strewn about...I also saw they have an interactive restaurant menu on one of their lobbies? Pretty neat stuff! I'll have to stay there someday!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Post Reply