Halloween WOC special???

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
normstar
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Posts: 8
Joined: Aug Fri 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Halloween WOC special???

Post by normstar » Sep Wed 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Has anyone heard about a special Halloween World of Color show? I heard something on the radio about that... but even the girl taking reservations for World of Color dining packages had no idea. Anyone???

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 16, 2010 8:15 am

normstar wrote:Has anyone heard about a special Halloween World of Color show? I heard something on the radio about that... but even the girl taking reservations for World of Color dining packages had no idea. Anyone???
That would be cool ~ but have they totally fixed the WoC platforms yet?

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2561
Joined: Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.......

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Sep Thu 16, 2010 12:33 pm

I don't know of a Halloween version, but there is a possible Tron addition or Tron special. Testing has been going on for a few nights now, someone has video too: http://disneylandlive.com/?p=2165
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 16, 2010 6:08 pm

That's probably more likely since the "ElecTRONica" events happen during october nights so I guess you can drop your kids at Disneyland while you drop X at DCA.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Thu 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Ooh, I didn't know about this. I'm wondering if DLR will bring back the Halloween fireworks special like they had last year.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Thu 16, 2010 6:56 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Ooh, I didn't know about this. I'm wondering if DLR will bring back the Halloween fireworks special like they had last year.
The last thing I heard was that the Halloween Screams fireworks were going to be exclusive to the Trick or Treat party in DL (not DCA this year due to WOC and lack of space I imagine)...which stinks since those fireworks were pretty sweet and now only those who pay extra for the "party" will get to see them.

If anyone has heard otherwise, please let us know!

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Going back to the Tron stuff, I hope they are using the Daft Punk stuff rather than the Wendy Carlos stuff. Wendy is a talented guy with his moog and all but Daft Punk's stuff has a lot more punch with it when it comes to Tron.

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2561
Joined: Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.......

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » Sep Thu 16, 2010 8:24 pm

I hope they have a 50/50 mix at least. I listen to the original Tron sound track often, meaning it is on my cell phone and I listen to it when I commute (I shuffle all my music but I usually listen to at least one song).

MmeLeota is right, the fireworks will be for the Trick or Treat parties only. I don't mind this since they will have Remember...Dreams come true the other nights they have fireworks. This will be my first time going to Disneyland for Halloween and I look forward to see all fireworks displays, since the last time I saw "Remember" was several years ago, stupid Magical and holiday wishes......JK
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Thu 16, 2010 9:16 pm

Odds are Daft will do something like Tiesto does when he does disney events, he mixes the old/established in with his stuff. From what I have read on Wendy's blog, he hasn't been consulted on anything for the movie (Even in Flynn's they played the Journey song). I don't know if Syd Mead has been used either, which is a shame.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by elizabethswann » Sep Fri 17, 2010 2:35 am

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:MmeLeota is right, the fireworks will be for the Trick or Treat parties only. I don't mind this since they will have Remember...Dreams come true the other nights they have fireworks. This will be my first time going to Disneyland for Halloween and I look forward to see all fireworks displays, since the last time I saw "Remember" was several years ago, stupid Magical and holiday wishes......JK
I'd much rather have Remember than any other fireworks special. I didn't care for Magical at all.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 17, 2010 1:00 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:MmeLeota is right, the fireworks will be for the Trick or Treat parties only. I don't mind this since they will have Remember...Dreams come true the other nights they have fireworks. This will be my first time going to Disneyland for Halloween and I look forward to see all fireworks displays, since the last time I saw "Remember" was several years ago, stupid Magical and holiday wishes......JK
I'd much rather have Remember than any other fireworks special. I didn't care for Magical at all.
I'm with ya there!

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 356
Joined: Oct Thu 23, 2008 11:22 am
Contact:

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by Josh Q » Oct Mon 04, 2010 5:42 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
I'd much rather have Remember than any other fireworks special. I didn't care for Magical at all.
Agreed Magical was underwhelming. Remember is awesome!
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 189
Joined: Feb Tue 26, 2008 11:01 pm
Location: Blue Ribbon Bakery

Re: Halloween WOC special???

Post by MintJulepRoo » Oct Fri 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Yes Magical was not very "Magical" at all...I loved when Dumbo flew but I really disliked the music for it! Remember Dreams Come True will always be the one to beat from now on and they certainly have their work cut out for it!!
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"

Post Reply