Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 414
Joined: Aug Wed 05, 2009 10:11 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by Belle1082 » Dec Wed 11, 2013 11:49 am

Kedex wrote:I've heard good things about Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. I haven't been there myself, but I'm a huge fan of tiki drinks, so I'm planning to check it out when I go next year.
I am a fan of cocktails during my trip as well! I made sure that we stopped at Trader Sam's. It was small and fun inside....especially when you order the right drink that causes quite a ruckus! hehe It was fun to go there.
We also really enjoyed the bar in the Grand Californian. We stayed there and loved being able to start our day with an Irish Coffee! :-) Also, my Mom and I found an amazing Sav Blanc from that bar. We liked it so much that after we got home and could not for the life of us remember what kind it was, my dad called the hotel and got the name of the two kinds they had - bought both and we determined which one it was! So yummy! We had really great service at that bar too. The servers were friendly and told us stories about the celebrities they have seen/served there.
We also enjoyed the Golden Vine Winery area where we sat and had a wonderful glass of wine.
Never made it to Carthay Circle, but definitely something I would like to go back and try. I love that others appreciate the fine adult bevvies during their trips like me and my family do!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 11, 2013 9:00 pm

GeoffS wrote:
Amy wrote:One of the places I wanted to check out this trip but it just never happened :(
Aww. I was expecting photos in trip report.
Sorry GeoffS ~ the time just flew by...and we really did quite a lot in the time we had, but the Club 33 meal took a lot of time on the one day. If it is any consolation, I had some photos from Trader Sams!
Belle1082 wrote:
Kedex wrote:I've heard good things about Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. I haven't been there myself, but I'm a huge fan of tiki drinks, so I'm planning to check it out when I go next year.
I am a fan of cocktails during my trip as well! I made sure that we stopped at Trader Sam's. It was small and fun inside....especially when you order the right drink that causes quite a ruckus! hehe It was fun to go there.
We also really enjoyed the bar in the Grand Californian. We stayed there and loved being able to start our day with an Irish Coffee! :-) Also, my Mom and I found an amazing Sav Blanc from that bar. We liked it so much that after we got home and could not for the life of us remember what kind it was, my dad called the hotel and got the name of the two kinds they had - bought both and we determined which one it was! So yummy! We had really great service at that bar too. The servers were friendly and told us stories about the celebrities they have seen/served there.
We also enjoyed the Golden Vine Winery area where we sat and had a wonderful glass of wine.
Never made it to Carthay Circle, but definitely something I would like to go back and try. I love that others appreciate the fine adult bevvies during their trips like me and my family do!
I was surprised at how small Trader Sam's was as well! My brother and I only popped in quickly, but someone ordered a Krakatoa Punch while we were there so we got to see a little of the magic :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Wed 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Yeah, the spot it is in at one point was a few shops (a glass blower and a clothing place) and part of a bar. It does however have the terrace as well, but that lacks most of the things people like to see.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 12, 2013 10:03 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Yeah, the spot it is in at one point was a few shops (a glass blower and a clothing place) and part of a bar. It does however have the terrace as well, but that lacks most of the things people like to see.
Plus it was too darned cold to be out there...even with the tiki torches running at full blast!

Kedex
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Posts: 9
Joined: Dec Wed 11, 2013 8:23 am
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by Kedex » Dec Thu 12, 2013 10:04 am

Amy wrote:it was too darned cold to be out there...even with the tiki torches running at full blast!
That's why you need to have a few drinks to keep you warm! :D
Disney Trip Log
October 2006 - WDW - POFQ
January 2009 - WDW - POFQ
March 2010 - DLR - HoJo
January 2011 - WDW - POFQ
April 2015 - DLR - Hilton

Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 12, 2013 10:05 am

Kedex wrote:
Amy wrote:it was too darned cold to be out there...even with the tiki torches running at full blast!
That's why you need to have a few drinks to keep you warm! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 201
Joined: Jul Sun 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Afternoon cocktails at DTD or nearby?

Post by GeoffS » Dec Thu 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Yes... a "few"....

Post Reply