Moderator: Moderators

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Disney's World of Color Start Date

Post by elizabethswann » May Fri 14, 2010 2:42 am

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:This was in the last MiceChat update from 5/10
"And on the massive World of Color platform, work continues fine-tuning the show as rumors circulate of unannounced soft-openings beginning as early as this week."
Sounds like a good reason to be at California Adventure in the evening :D
It's so exciting! But the logistics of getting everyone in to see the show is just a nightmare!
I just want photos of the people standing in Paradise Park so I know how crowded it will get and how to prepare myself to see it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 14, 2010 5:41 am

I am thinking massive crowds! That is a big viewing area but there will be a ton of people there for that show. I wonder if you will be able to see any of the animation show elements from other vantage points around the Bay? It might not have the same dramatic impact but it might be worth sacrificing a little bit of show not to be packed in like a sardine. I'm sure there will be videos of it posted as soon as it starts...hopefully someone will think to take pictures of the crowd watching the show!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 14, 2010 11:09 pm

According to Al Lutz, when the Imagineers originally proposed the idea of Paradise Park, they claimed it would hold 9,000 people. Now, they are saying that number is more like 6,000. :shock:

...I've been saying all along that there is no way you can fit 9,000 people into that space! Even though I have only seen pictures of the new area, I have been there enough times to know the area and I can't imagine a crowd of Fantasmic! proportions crammed into that space.

*sigh* I'm not sure how this is all gonna work out...but I sure hope we get to see it in July!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 14, 2010 11:50 pm

MmeLeota wrote:According to Al Lutz, when the Imagineers originally proposed the idea of Paradise Park, they claimed it would hold 9,000 people. Now, they are saying that number is more like 6,000. :shock:

...I've been saying all along that there is no way you can fit 9,000 people into that space! Even though I have only seen pictures of the new area, I have been there enough times to know the area and I can't imagine a crowd of Fantasmic! proportions crammed into that space.

*sigh* I'm not sure how this is all gonna work out...but I sure hope we get to see it in July!
It doesn't even seem big enough for 6000 people! That is going to be one mass of humanity...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Fri 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:According to Al Lutz, when the Imagineers originally proposed the idea of Paradise Park, they claimed it would hold 9,000 people. Now, they are saying that number is more like 6,000. :shock:

It doesn't even seem big enough for 6000 people! That is going to be one mass of humanity...
I agree that even 6,000 is pushing it. I have a feeling that not many folks are gonna get to see the show and Guest Relations is liable to have a whole lotta ugly on their hands for a while!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 15, 2010 12:06 am

MmeLeota wrote:I agree that even 6,000 is pushing it. I have a feeling that not many folks are gonna get to see the show and Guest Relations is liable to have a whole lotta ugly on their hands for a while!
A packed viewing area never seemed to stop Fantasmic in DL, don't imagine this will be much different. You could complain but I imagine they would just say that you needed to get there earlier to claim you spot...we shall see. It will probably be awhile until I can see it in person anyhow ~ sigh

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » May Sat 15, 2010 12:10 am

According to the article Al wrote, they are going to have some sort of "fastpass" for the show (at least the first show of the evening)...so, if you want to see the show, you will have to get there early to receive a pass, then queue up early so you can grab a prime spot.

As for the proposed later shows, people will be queueing up for hours prior to the show...people are gonna have to pack their patience, that's for sure...

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 15, 2010 2:57 am

MmeLeota wrote:According to the article Al wrote, they are going to have some sort of "fastpass" for the show (at least the first show of the evening)...so, if you want to see the show, you will have to get there early to receive a pass, then queue up early so you can grab a prime spot.

As for the proposed later shows, people will be queueing up for hours prior to the show...people are gonna have to pack their patience, that's for sure...
I think I may have overlooked the article he wrote. I'll have to go back and read it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 15, 2010 8:56 am

elizabethswann wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:According to the article Al wrote, they are going to have some sort of "fastpass" for the show (at least the first show of the evening)...so, if you want to see the show, you will have to get there early to receive a pass, then queue up early so you can grab a prime spot.

I think I may have overlooked the article he wrote. I'll have to go back and read it.
Ugh! Queue up for a fastpass, queue up again for fastpass entry, really long queue for later shows...maybe it is a good thing I won't be getting out there for awhile :roll:

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Re:

Post by Akyriel » May Sat 15, 2010 11:14 am

imaginationcelebration wrote:This looks wayyyyyyyyyy better then Fantasmic.
Nothing is better than fantasmic... :) I'll be out there for the kick off of nightastic and the official launch... i'll report here

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Re:

Post by Amy » May Sat 15, 2010 11:24 am

Akyriel wrote:
imaginationcelebration wrote:This looks wayyyyyyyyyy better then Fantasmic.
Nothing is better than fantasmic... :) I'll be out there for the kick off of nightastic and the official launch... i'll report here
Be sure to take some photos of the crowd :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 15, 2010 11:51 am

More important than photos of the crowd - we want photos of the show! Video would be nice, and a link to youtube too. Depends upon your level of tech. Your east coast amigos here on subsonic would greatly appreciate it! :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 15, 2010 12:01 pm

mindflipper wrote:More important than photos of the crowd - we want photos of the show! Video would be nice, and a link to youtube too. Depends upon your level of tech. Your east coast amigos here on subsonic would greatly appreciate it! :D
I'm sure someone from Micechat will post a video of the show. I'll keep a lookout!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 15, 2010 12:16 pm

mindflipper wrote:More important than photos of the crowd - we want photos of the show! Video would be nice, and a link to youtube too. Depends upon your level of tech. Your east coast amigos here on subsonic would greatly appreciate it! :D
I am looking forward to photos of the show as well, but I figured, much like Ms. Swann, that the show will be well documented through MiceChat, youtube, I'm hoping here...but not many people ever think to turn the camera around toward the other direction from the show...sometimes that is just as interesting!

MintJulepRoo
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by MintJulepRoo » May Tue 18, 2010 11:10 pm

I just got back from my trip yesterday. It was of course, amazingly fun like always. We stayed at the Grand Californian and we had a partial view of DCA. Between the hours of 12 am and 2 am we would sit out on the balcony and watch them do tests for World of Color! It was a limited view but it was still really exciting to observe the nightly covert operations. I have to say that all the fire is really crazy! And the water shoots up higher than Mickey's Fun Wheel! I captured some of the tests on video and would upload it if I knew how haha.
"I'm not spongin for rum! It be gold I'm after!"