What do you think is the best value in food at Disneyland

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

soccermouse
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 140
Joined: Jul Tue 18, 2006 4:49 pm
Location: Utah

What do you think is the best value in food at Disneyland

Post by soccermouse » Apr Tue 08, 2008 11:00 am

The soup bowls in NOS were once the best value for a meal at Disneyland (before price increases and a decrease in the quality of the bread). Now I think that the Alfredo pasta at Redd Rockets Pizza Port is the best value. It is big enough for two people to share; especially if you add a little bread.

billville
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 321
Joined: Aug Fri 10, 2007 2:29 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: What do you think is the best value in food at Disneylan

Post by billville » Apr Tue 08, 2008 11:30 am

soccermouse wrote:The soup bowls in NOS were once the best value for a meal at Disneyland (before price increases and a decrease in the quality of the bread). Now I think that the Alfredo pasta at Redd Rockets Pizza Port is the best value. It is big enough for two people to share; especially if you add a little bread.
You know for as long as I've had my annual passport and lived in Orange County....ive never eaten at that place! I hear a lot about the pizza port and its pasta.

For me though, the best value is at the Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland right next to big Thunder Mountain! The food there is great and its somewhat decent in price. You get a lot for what you pay for and its relatively close in price as getting a burger. Here you get much more than a burger and once again....it tastes GREAT!!

My fiancee and I always sit under the shade right next to where thunder mountain passes by. My favorite spot to eat in the park by a long shot!! :mrgreen:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3774/userbar506533aa1.gif[/img][/url]

"Now remember, magnifying glasses are for looking at little things.......not for burning little things. See Ya!!!"

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 430
Joined: Jun Sun 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by disneylandmom » Apr Tue 08, 2008 7:25 pm

I agree Rancho del Zocalo is a good value and good food.

I also think the fried chicken dinner at the French Market is a good deal. Because it is a complete meal. You get 3 pieces of fried chicken, fries, salad and a roll. And it is really enough food to split between two people add a cup of ice water for free and your all set. :)

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1673
Joined: Nov Thu 04, 2004 2:06 am
Location: the laughing in your face place

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Tue 08, 2008 9:57 pm

I'm a huge fan of the Alfredo Pasta w/chicken at the Pizza Port. The portion is huge, and can feed more than one person. It's a pretty good deal.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1622
Joined: Dec Mon 06, 2004 7:25 pm
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Contact:

Post by spaulo » Apr Wed 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Another vote for the "Far-Out Chicken Fusili" (I think that's the name) at Redd Rocket's. Huge portion of tasty chicken alfredo pasta. Enough for two adults (honestly).
~Steve

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 10, 2008 10:32 pm

Another vote for the Fusili. I tried it the last time I was there and it was so good! My mom even liked it, too.

faxprincess
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 41
Joined: Sep Wed 19, 2007 11:58 am
Location: Utah

Post by faxprincess » Apr Fri 11, 2008 4:32 pm

My husband and I love to share the Fried Chicken Dinner at the Plaza. We get all white meat, no veggies, but extra mashed potatoes, then we share a salad and dessert. It totally fills us both up and it costs around 20 dollars (less with our annual pass discount)!!

bigthunderlover
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 126
Joined: Apr Sat 01, 2006 6:25 pm
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Post by bigthunderlover » Apr Fri 11, 2008 6:54 pm

OK Everytime I go I pretty much notice that no matter where you go it's pretty much the same prices. My favorite place to go for lunch is the Horshoe Review and for dinner Blue Bayou. But most of the time I spent all my on gas getting to the park. lol! So I usually go for a turkey leg. Huge, delicious, and cheap!
I do stuff sometimes.

I,Hammer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Posts: 41
Joined: May Thu 08, 2008 1:12 am
Location: The Haunted Mansion
Contact:

Post by I,Hammer » May Thu 08, 2008 12:23 pm

Last time I stopped by the Mint Julip Bar, they had two bagels and cream cheese for $2. I dunno if thats still there or not.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4100/userbar623231og3.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6967/userbar623226yu5.gif[/img][/url]

"Welcome Foolish Mortals, to the Haunted Mansion. I am your host, your Ghost Host"

TeAm MiCkNiE
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Posts: 8
Joined: Oct Wed 04, 2006 4:47 am

Re: What do you think is the best value in food at Disneylan

Post by TeAm MiCkNiE » May Fri 09, 2008 12:29 am

billville wrote:
soccermouse wrote:The soup bowls in NOS were once the best value for a meal at Disneyland (before price increases and a decrease in the quality of the bread). Now I think that the Alfredo pasta at Redd Rockets Pizza Port is the best value. It is big enough for two people to share; especially if you add a little bread.
You know for as long as I've had my annual passport and lived in Orange County....ive never eaten at that place! I hear a lot about the pizza port and its pasta.

For me though, the best value is at the Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland right next to big Thunder Mountain! The food there is great and its somewhat decent in price. You get a lot for what you pay for and its relatively close in price as getting a burger. Here you get much more than a burger and once again....it tastes GREAT!!

My fiancee and I always sit under the shade right next to where thunder mountain passes by. My favorite spot to eat in the park by a long shot!! :mrgreen:

I would have to say i think both Pizza Port and Rancho del Zocalo are pretty fair in price. Also, the price for bread bowls are pretty good in New Orlean's Square. Yum hehee just thinking about all those foods is making me hungry... Hope i get to go to Disneyland soon to eat those food again... I think i enjoy the food their cause honestly the atmosphere there is different than anywhere else. Well lets hope after finals i'll be seeing you guys their. cheers!
The Happiest Times I've had is at D-land with the one I Luv...

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 559
Joined: May Mon 22, 2006 3:21 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by danimal3114u » May Mon 12, 2008 2:25 pm

faxprincess wrote:My husband and I love to share the Fried Chicken Dinner at the Plaza. We get all white meat, no veggies, but extra mashed potatoes, then we share a salad and dessert. It totally fills us both up and it costs around 20 dollars (less with our annual pass discount)!!
I agree about Plaza Chicken being the best now. I have to say that Rancho was by far the best before they changed their menu. The BBQ platter was absolutely amazing quality and a great price. That was without a doubt enough to share between two people and it was my favorite dish in the park regardless of price (behind Monte Cristo of course). The BBQ platter wasn't an aberation on the old Rancho menu either, as everything was very decently priced and great quality. When they switched the menu over they raised prices and lowered quality :(. My wife and I barely go there anymore.

bamato
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 171
Joined: May Fri 09, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Post by bamato » May Tue 13, 2008 11:01 am

I like Pizza Ports prices as well. But you can't beat McDonalds Fries!! Yeah they are expensive for what they are, but in the park they are a cheap snack :)

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Posts: 2561
Joined: Dec Thu 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Location: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.......

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » May Wed 14, 2008 8:00 pm

For me Carnation Cafe seems to be good, I'm not saying Great, but for a Disney Eatery it is good at pricing. The portions price ratio is pretty good. I usually fill up on the Turkey sandwich thingy.......Man I can't remember what it is called exactly, I guess I have to go back soon then. :lol:
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |

WishUponaStar
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Posts: 56
Joined: Feb Fri 15, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: NJ
Contact:

Post by WishUponaStar » May Thu 15, 2008 6:57 pm

My vote is for Rancho del Zocalo and the soup bowls at Pacific Wharf bakery. Both places are very filling & the quality is great, everything always tastes fairly fresh & yummy.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10701;442/st/20081008/e/WDW/k/39e1/event.png[/img]

danimal3114u
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 559
Joined: May Mon 22, 2006 3:21 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by danimal3114u » May Mon 19, 2008 10:28 am

Dr. Ravenscroft wrote:For me Carnation Cafe seems to be good, I'm not saying Great, but for a Disney Eatery it is good at pricing. The portions price ratio is pretty good. I usually fill up on the Turkey sandwich thingy.......Man I can't remember what it is called exactly, I guess I have to go back soon then. :lol:
The turkey club on pretzel bread I think is what that one is :). My wife and I have been going to Carnation Cafe more and more frequently over the past year after not going for a good 5 years. This is also a great stop, but priority seating is definitely suggested!

Post Reply