What line is worth waiting hours for?

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I've been keeping a list, would you like me to read it? I suggest you pull up a chair. :D

It actually isn't as bad now, since the show is 20 years old, it isn't as bad as it used to be. Plus, since you have a wheelchair in your group, they have an area roped off for Fantasmic and the fireworks.

With WoC they use fastpasses with narrow windows so none of that crap with people camping out all day happens.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 02, 2013 6:43 am

So Fantasmic isn't as popular anymore? I just remember when we went with my brother and his family, about 15 years ago, we couldn't find a spot to even stand. We would stand where a CM would indicate it was ok, only to be shooed along by another CM a few minutes later. It was very frustrating.
I'm really looking forward to seeing World of Color ~ it looks so beautiful from the videos I've seen :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 02, 2013 1:10 pm

It is still popular, but there are also two other options going on at the same time. If you go on a night when there are two showings of the show you can get a much better spot if you are at the later showing.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It is still popular, but there are also two other options going on at the same time. If you go on a night when there are two showings of the show you can get a much better spot if you are at the later showing.
What are the two other options ~ fireworks and World of Color?

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Yep, and also a third option of the Mad T party, which you can also do before/after the shows as it runs from dark until closing. It looks like right now, you actually could do fantasmic, then fireworks, then (with a FP) go see WOC all in one night.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Yep, and also a third option of the Mad T party, which you can also do before/after the shows as it runs from dark until closing. It looks like right now, you actually could do fantasmic, then fireworks, then (with a FP) go see WOC all in one night.
Sounds like a plan!

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by SeattleSuz » Oct Tue 22, 2013 10:42 am

I don't think we've ever waited for more than 45 minutes for any ride on any of our visits. But I would wait for HM for more than 45 minutes, especially NBC version.
Image Image

Tigger Fan
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 30
Joined: Oct Wed 20, 2010 12:45 pm
Location: Garden Grove CA
Contact:

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Tigger Fan » Dec Sun 29, 2013 9:49 pm

I always recommend to first timers that they take in the 10:30 show. Catch the train to arrive at New Orleans station 9:00-9:30pm(when they don't shut the train down for fireworks) find a bench in the park area in front of the station and wait for fireworks to end. Give everyone time to clear out and you can move into place as they leave and before they let loose the people waiting by the Mark Twain dock for the next show.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: What line is worth waiting hours for?

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Tigger Fan wrote:I always recommend to first timers that they take in the 10:30 show. Catch the train to arrive at New Orleans station 9:00-9:30pm(when they don't shut the train down for fireworks) find a bench in the park area in front of the station and wait for fireworks to end. Give everyone time to clear out and you can move into place as they leave and before they let loose the people waiting by the Mark Twain dock for the next show.
Great advice!

Post Reply