Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Did anyone see that they now have pineapple flavored cotton candy at DCA? Here is a link if you'd like to see a photo or read more about it.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/03/review-do ... nd-resort/

Would you try it? I'm not a fan of Dole Whips and it sounds extra sweet to me, but it might be a nice change from the blue or pink flavors :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 22, 2017 2:01 pm

I don't think I'd try it. I'm not a fan of anything pineapple-flavored, except Dole Whips. And I always get those as a float, so it tastes like real pineapple, not that fakey Life-saver flavor.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 22, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm not sure if I'd try it or not. I love Dole Whips, but I think it sounds too sweet.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 20, 2017 4:49 pm

I've tried it and it's extremely underwhelming. The pineapple flavor isn't prominent as much as I'd hope it would be. I'd much rather have the actual Dole Whip itself.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 20, 2017 5:40 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I've tried it and it's extremely underwhelming. The pineapple flavor isn't prominent as much as I'd hope it would be. I'd much rather have the actual Dole Whip itself.
Thanks for the first hand account :)

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I've tried it and it's extremely underwhelming. The pineapple flavor isn't prominent as much as I'd hope it would be. I'd much rather have the actual Dole Whip itself.
Thanks for the first hand account :)
I asked my sister to get it for me since I'm still on medical leave from Disney and I wasn't pleased that it wasn't a stronger flavor.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 20, 2017 6:32 pm

It does seem like if they are going to make a Dole Whip cotton candy it would be a fairly strong pineapple flavor

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by momeja » May Tue 16, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm sad that it's underwhelming. I was looking forward to trying it next trip. Dole Whip + Cotton Candy = heaven to me!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by Amy » May Tue 16, 2017 2:10 pm

momeja wrote:I'm sad that it's underwhelming. I was looking forward to trying it next trip. Dole Whip + Cotton Candy = heaven to me!
You should still try it and let us know what you think!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by momeja » May Wed 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:I'm sad that it's underwhelming. I was looking forward to trying it next trip. Dole Whip + Cotton Candy = heaven to me!
You should still try it and let us know what you think!
I will. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Dole Whip Cotton Candy

Post by Amy » May Thu 25, 2017 7:28 am

momeja wrote:
Amy wrote:
momeja wrote:I'm sad that it's underwhelming. I was looking forward to trying it next trip. Dole Whip + Cotton Candy = heaven to me!
You should still try it and let us know what you think!
I will. :D
Hooray! :goofy_bounce:

Post Reply