If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Disneyland and California Adventure parks

Moderator: Moderators

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Tue 02, 2015 10:52 am

Hubby is trying to make DLR/DCA a quick stop on our next trip, with only ONE DAY to go. I am trying to convince him to do at least a day and a half, but so far, he's not budging.

If you only had one day to to DLR/DCA, what would you HAVE to hit up?
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 02, 2015 12:09 pm

**Radiator Springs Racers, The Bakery Tour, California Screamin', Mickey's Fun Wheel in DCA ~ and **Pirates of the Caribbean, Autopia, Alice in Wonderland, Matterhorn, Monorail, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones in DL
The starred one in each park for sure :D
Last edited by Amy on Jun Tue 02, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Tue 02, 2015 12:21 pm

Amy wrote:Radiator Springs Racers in DCA and Pirates of the Caribbean in DL
Wow, that's a fast day! lol :)

DH is already on the Commando touring mindset, of getting there at Rope Drop, hitting up Splash and BTMRR, then HM, probably POTC on the way over to Fantasyland to hit up PP (or at least a FP for it), Snow White, Alice, Tea Party, then Matterhorn, Space and then probably IASM, before heading over to DCA.
Image Image

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1959
Joined: Mar Thu 18, 2004 4:18 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Contact:

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by horizons1 » Jun Sat 06, 2015 11:15 am

If you are going on a slow day you can get a lot accomplished on one day.

If you go to WDW a lot you might want to focus on the attractions that are unique to California. That means you can skip Soarin' for instance. Be sure to do the superior Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but do those in the evening when the wait is shorter.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.
Image
Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 06, 2015 12:33 pm

SeattleSuz wrote:
Amy wrote:Radiator Springs Racers in DCA and Pirates of the Caribbean in DL
Wow, that's a fast day! lol :)

DH is already on the Commando touring mindset, of getting there at Rope Drop, hitting up Splash and BTMRR, then HM, probably POTC on the way over to Fantasyland to hit up PP (or at least a FP for it), Snow White, Alice, Tea Party, then Matterhorn, Space and then probably IASM, before heading over to DCA.
Well, I went back and added a few, but those would be the two I would definitely not want to miss in both parks!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 06, 2015 12:33 pm

horizons1 wrote:If you are going on a slow day you can get a lot accomplished on one day.

If you go to WDW a lot you might want to focus on the attractions that are unique to California. That means you can skip Soarin' for instance. Be sure to do the superior Pirates and Haunted Mansion, but do those in the evening when the wait is shorter.
Definitely great advice to hit up attractions that are unique to DL/DCA. :D

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr Sun 05, 2009 9:18 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by daluke » Jun Sat 06, 2015 11:40 pm

World of Color in DCA for sure!

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Mon 08, 2015 8:47 am

I've been advised that the WOC at DCA is hard to get a good viewpoint of unless you get there really early and save a place... I was also told that they dont do fireworks mid-week. :(
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by Amy » Jun Mon 08, 2015 11:29 am

SeattleSuz wrote:I've been advised that the WOC at DCA is hard to get a good viewpoint of unless you get there really early and save a place... I was also told that they dont do fireworks mid-week. :(
They have fastpasses, that allow you in to different sections. And there are good spots that aren't in the viewing area too. Don't be discouraged by that. They had fireworks during the week when we were there, but it was early in December. Not sure about when you will be there.
Any luck convincing your husband to take an extra 1/2 or full day yet?

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Mon 08, 2015 11:40 am

Amy wrote:
SeattleSuz wrote:I've been advised that the WOC at DCA is hard to get a good viewpoint of unless you get there really early and save a place... I was also told that they dont do fireworks mid-week. :(
They have fastpasses, that allow you in to different sections. And there are good spots that aren't in the viewing area too. Don't be discouraged by that. They had fireworks during the week when we were there, but it was early in December. Not sure about when you will be there.
Any luck convincing your husband to take an extra 1/2 or full day yet?
Nope, no luck yet. Though I do have our travel agent on my side, trying to sweeten him up to the idea by bringing him extra coffee. lol
We are going late Sept/early Oct, so probably Wed and/or Thursday.
Image Image

daluke
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic
Posts: 129
Joined: Apr Sun 05, 2009 9:18 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by daluke » Jun Mon 08, 2015 4:39 pm

If you are going to have lunch or dinner there anyway, look into the World of Color dining package. Pay for dinner, and you get a FP for WOC.

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Jun Mon 08, 2015 4:41 pm

daluke wrote:If you are going to have lunch or dinner there anyway, look into the World of Color dining package. Pay for dinner, and you get a FP for WOC.
Oooh, that might be an idea! Thanks!!
Image Image

SeattleSuz
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Posts: 37
Joined: Oct Wed 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by SeattleSuz » Aug Wed 12, 2015 4:06 pm

I was able to get my second day. We have friends that are going to meet us there around 11/11:30 as soon as we land and are going to basically hang out with us and do rides and stuff until dinner. Then we will have the whole next day from RD to HP ending. :)
Image Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18498
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 12, 2015 7:37 pm

SeattleSuz wrote:I was able to get my second day. We have friends that are going to meet us there around 11/11:30 as soon as we land and are going to basically hang out with us and do rides and stuff until dinner. Then we will have the whole next day from RD to HP ending. :)
Yay! :goofy_bounce:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: If you only had one day at DLR/DCA

Post by cy1229 » Aug Sat 22, 2015 9:15 am

Amy wrote:
SeattleSuz wrote:I was able to get my second day. We have friends that are going to meet us there around 11/11:30 as soon as we land and are going to basically hang out with us and do rides and stuff until dinner. Then we will have the whole next day from RD to HP ending. :)
Yay! :goofy_bounce:
What Amy said.

I hope you have a great time!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Post Reply