Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 03, 2012 6:15 am

It had been mentioned in another thread, over in the Walt Disney World thread in fact, that perhaps we should have a place to discuss weird and/or odd things that happens at the parks. Excellent idea :idea:
Perhaps Soarin' or someone else can fill us in on the lady who went a little berserk in the Everest queue...

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Tue 03, 2012 8:04 am

Can't wait to read this thread.....or can I? :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 03, 2012 11:11 am

I'll fill you in after work tonight. It was a sight to see! :shock: :lol:
Image

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by elizabethswann » Jul Wed 04, 2012 2:15 am

Ooh, I'm so curious to hear now!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 04, 2012 6:50 am

I was in the singles line like right at the head of the line and suddenly the CMs just halted, this woman was cursing and SCREAMING at the cast because she didn't get the exact row that she wanted (she wanted front but the park was slammed that day so the CMs were having to unfortunately just load in order to move through the line quickly). She had a preteen girl with her and I swear the poor thing looked like she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her right there on the spot. There were two managers trying to reason with her and even offer perks and such to her to make up, trying to explain how busy things were that day (this was Easter weekend) and how they did their best but couldn't always accommodate everyone, and next thing we all knew, someone radios in security and they come in, one on either side, and bodily escort the psycho out with the poor daughter just following along like "Oh please dear Lord, why me?" It was partially funny but then downright sad, because if that's people's attitudes to Disney, they need to stay home. Disney isn't a free-for-all who can INSTANTLY cater ALL whims and fancies, much as we try.
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 04, 2012 8:14 am

Soarin08 wrote:I was in the singles line like right at the head of the line and suddenly the CMs just halted, this woman was cursing and SCREAMING at the cast because she didn't get the exact row that she wanted (she wanted front but the park was slammed that day so the CMs were having to unfortunately just load in order to move through the line quickly). She had a preteen girl with her and I swear the poor thing looked like she wanted the ground to open up and swallow her right there on the spot. There were two managers trying to reason with her and even offer perks and such to her to make up, trying to explain how busy things were that day (this was Easter weekend) and how they did their best but couldn't always accommodate everyone, and next thing we all knew, someone radios in security and they come in, one on either side, and bodily escort the psycho out with the poor daughter just following along like "Oh please dear Lord, why me?" It was partially funny but then downright sad, because if that's people's attitudes to Disney, they need to stay home. Disney isn't a free-for-all who can INSTANTLY cater ALL whims and fancies, much as we try.
Oh my. Sounds like a difficult situation. Hopefully the poor women was just affected by the crowds and wasn't having some sort of breakdown. Her poor kid too :(

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Wed 04, 2012 10:59 am

Or maybe the heat got to her :shock: I'm glad that they handled the situation the way they did.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Wed 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Some people are like that for some reason. A guy flipped out at the nice old lady who worked at the nursery when she asked "Credit or debit" when the guy swiped hit card.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by cy1229 » Jul Thu 05, 2012 8:13 am

Wizzard419 wrote:Some people are like that for some reason. A guy flipped out at the nice old lady who worked at the nursery when she asked "Credit or debit" when the guy swiped hit card.
I feel a little sorry for people like that, because they must be really miserable. However, they created their circumstances for themselves, and as grownups we do have the ability and resources to overcome our history and improve ourselves. That poor young lady with her mom,though, she's one I really feel sorry for.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by figmentaholic » Jul Thu 05, 2012 10:53 am

cy1229 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Some people are like that for some reason. A guy flipped out at the nice old lady who worked at the nursery when she asked "Credit or debit" when the guy swiped hit card.
I feel a little sorry for people like that, because they must be really miserable. However, they created their circumstances for themselves, and as grownups we do have the ability and resources to overcome our history and improve ourselves. That poor young lady with her mom,though, she's one I really feel sorry for.



Yeah, I can only hope that the girl sees how terrible her mother was acting and how it was affecting others so she will not do the same when she gets older. It sounds like she was embarrassed enough that she probably won't. but I do feel awful for her, and how embarrassed she must have been.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

dichuy
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 162
Joined: Oct Mon 25, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: Manhattan, but the Magic Kingdom in my head

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by dichuy » Jul Thu 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Friends were in EPCOT last Saturday and saw QUITE the commotion around Mexico and Norway. Turns out a guy was arrested for allegedly kicking his son in the face. Guy was Italian. Here's a link to an article but doesn't really offer much information. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... ounty-jail
Step out to your left please. When the car stops, step out to your left.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 05, 2012 4:24 pm

dichuy wrote:Friends were in EPCOT last Saturday and saw QUITE the commotion around Mexico and Norway. Turns out a guy was arrested for allegedly kicking his son in the face. Guy was Italian. Here's a link to an article but doesn't really offer much information. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... ounty-jail
Oh my ~ that's horrible! I would hope it was an accident, but that fact that he was arrested probably means it wasn't :(

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jul Thu 05, 2012 7:56 pm

So sad to hear about this. Sure hope the kid is okay.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by cy1229 » Jul Fri 06, 2012 10:03 am

The hubby mentioned this the other day. I heard the boy was only 3!!! I can't imagine what a three-year-old is capable of doing or saying that would result in such a strong reaction from a parent. My children weren't angels, and they made me pretty mad sometimes, but sheesh! Let's hope this is the start of that parent (adult?) turning this around.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Weird and Odd Happenings at the Parks

Post by Wizzard419 » Jul Fri 06, 2012 12:10 pm

If I recall, it wasn't what the kid was doing, it was the wife that he was reacting poorly to.

Post Reply