Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 839
Joined: Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:00 am
Location: Brava Centauri

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Fri 06, 2012 7:42 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:Like why there are no blue police boxes in the UK pavillion?
Heavens what time age are we living in, the only blue police box I have every seen is used by a traveling time lord.
and they have phone booths? another throwback to the past...
Image

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 839
Joined: Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:00 am
Location: Brava Centauri

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Fri 06, 2012 7:45 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:exactly... who did pony up the cash for the UK pav anyway?
found it... sponsored by BASS Brewery... i doubt it would take much to get the BBC to allow them to place a police box there...
Image

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 06, 2012 5:05 pm

It varied by country but usually the ones who funded the construction are the government tourisim depts and their banks. Though it probably would take an act of god (or a truck full of cash) to get a Dr. Who reference there since Universal has distro rights in the US. :D

I do wonder why on earth anyone would sponsor an attraction these days. With Bass, they can at least sample the product and make people buy it at home. But things like sylvania, I've not said "Oh, they sponsor a ride, I will totally buy their lightbulbs"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 06, 2012 5:08 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It varied by country but usually the ones who funded the construction are the government tourisim depts and their banks. Though it probably would take an act of god (or a truck full of cash) to get a Dr. Who reference there since Universal has distro rights in the US. :D

I do wonder why on earth anyone would sponsor an attraction these days. With Bass, they can at least sample the product and make people buy it at home. But things like sylvania, I've not said "Oh, they sponsor a ride, I will totally buy their lightbulbs"
I think it is more of a subliminal thing. People see the brand names at the parks and then see the brand names in the stores and are more likely to reach for them. Plus, it has to be a huge tax write-off for companies!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Fri 06, 2012 5:39 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:Like why there are no blue police boxes in the UK pavillion?
Oh, that was me. I left with it.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Fri 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Amy wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:It varied by country but usually the ones who funded the construction are the government tourisim depts and their banks. Though it probably would take an act of god (or a truck full of cash) to get a Dr. Who reference there since Universal has distro rights in the US. :D

I do wonder why on earth anyone would sponsor an attraction these days. With Bass, they can at least sample the product and make people buy it at home. But things like sylvania, I've not said "Oh, they sponsor a ride, I will totally buy their lightbulbs"
I think it is more of a subliminal thing. People see the brand names at the parks and then see the brand names in the stores and are more likely to reach for them. Plus, it has to be a huge tax write-off for companies!

I'm not sure about you but I don't generally see siemens dripping down the wall at the supermarket or raetheon (sorry can't think of anything dirty here). :D

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 839
Joined: Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:00 am
Location: Brava Centauri

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Fri 06, 2012 9:35 pm

siemens carries quite a load :) of major appliances...
Image

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Sat 07, 2012 2:21 pm

I forgot that siemens comes in crates. :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Wed 11, 2012 3:53 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:Like why there are no blue police boxes in the UK pavillion?
They definitely need one of those for sure!!
Image

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 839
Joined: Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:00 am
Location: Brava Centauri

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jan Wed 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:Like why there are no blue police boxes in the UK pavillion?
They definitely need one of those for sure!!
isn't there an employee suggestion box or something?
Image

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Rhetorical Questions on World Showcase

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Fri 13, 2012 12:21 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:Like why there are no blue police boxes in the UK pavillion?
They definitely need one of those for sure!!
isn't there an employee suggestion box or something?
Yes there is! I'll have to remember to submit this one. I love the UK pavilion (obviously) but a blue police box would add something to it for sure.
Image

Post Reply