Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 12, 2011 12:58 pm

momeja wrote:We booked a Disneycruise to celebrate my MIL's 80th in Nov. 2012. We're looking forward to it, although I'll miss not being in the World. Can't do both, though, even with 2 incomes. :|
So you aren't taking a cruise that combines a stay at the WDW resort? :( I'll be interested in seeing and hearing all about the cruise though ~ they look like they would be very nice!

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by momeja » Oct Wed 12, 2011 1:10 pm

We're doing a 7 day cruise, which basically eats our budget up. We could have done the 4 day cruise with WDW time, but we realized that my MIL isn't up for a transition like that. We're hoping to tack on a day at Disney at the end, though. My fingers are crossed!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 12, 2011 1:36 pm

momeja wrote:We're doing a 7 day cruise, which basically eats our budget up. We could have done the 4 day cruise with WDW time, but we realized that my MIL isn't up for a transition like that. We're hoping to tack on a day at Disney at the end, though. My fingers are crossed!
That is nice to think of how the transition would affect your MIL. 80 is a big birthday. I'm sure she would love a day at Disney though :D

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by figmentaholic » Oct Wed 12, 2011 6:41 pm

momeja wrote:We booked a Disneycruise to celebrate my MIL's 80th in Nov. 2012. We're looking forward to it, although I'll miss not being in the World. Can't do both, though, even with 2 incomes. :|


I hope you are going to come back and tell us all about it. :)
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by momeja » Oct Thu 13, 2011 1:37 pm

figmentaholic wrote:
momeja wrote:We booked a Disneycruise to celebrate my MIL's 80th in Nov. 2012. We're looking forward to it, although I'll miss not being in the World. Can't do both, though, even with 2 incomes. :|


I hope you are going to come back and tell us all about it. :)
I'll certainly try - assuming I finish that first trip report I promised everyone I'd write. :wink:

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Oct Tue 18, 2011 4:17 pm

My cruise is coming up November 5th. Seven days in the eastern Caribbean, I can't wait :!: :!:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 18, 2011 6:52 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:My cruise is coming up November 5th. Seven days in the eastern Caribbean, I can't wait :!: :!:
Nice ~ have you gone on a cruise before?

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Oct Wed 19, 2011 3:33 pm

Amy wrote:
northernmousefan2007 wrote:My cruise is coming up November 5th. Seven days in the eastern Caribbean, I can't wait :!: :!:
Nice ~ have you gone on a cruise before?
Yes, I went on a 4 day Bahamian cruise on the Wonder. This is my first 7 day Magic cruise, I'm pretty pumped about the extra 3 days.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 19, 2011 6:18 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:
Amy wrote:
northernmousefan2007 wrote:My cruise is coming up November 5th. Seven days in the eastern Caribbean, I can't wait :!: :!:
Nice ~ have you gone on a cruise before?
Yes, I went on a 4 day Bahamian cruise on the Wonder. This is my first 7 day Magic cruise, I'm pretty pumped about the extra 3 days.
I hope you will do a trip report when you get back. F1gment loves to cruise and has been on two before, but never Disney. And I've never been on a Disney cruise either.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Oct Sat 22, 2011 9:20 pm

It will most likely be a video report, I just got a HD sony handycam to record the trip!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2011 6:19 am

northernmousefan2007 wrote:It will most likely be a video report, I just got a HD sony handycam to record the trip!
That will be very cool indeed! :cool:

ntgre
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Posts: 77
Joined: Aug Wed 31, 2011 4:31 am
Location: Winchester

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by ntgre » Mar Sun 04, 2012 4:56 pm

My family has decided that we are going on the Disney Fantasy this summer. Really looking forward to it! :)
Image
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 04, 2012 5:04 pm

ntgre wrote:My family has decided that we are going on the Disney Fantasy this summer. Really looking forward to it! :)
That is exciting ntgre!

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by figmentaholic » Mar Sun 04, 2012 5:59 pm

I have a 4 year old nephew and a 2.5 year old niece (and now, apparently they have another on the way.. man..) and they were originally talking about taking them on a Disney Cruise soon.. but to be honest since there is baby coming, that may change things a lot..
I know it is self centered to say so, but I hope we still find a way to do it.. I dont think I will ever convince my mom or my hubby to go on a Disney cruise with me and I dont wanna go on one by myself, so my nephew and niece are my best chance.. (and getting to spend almost a week with them, being a big kid too? that would be awesome.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Why should I take a Disney Cruise?

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 04, 2012 7:29 pm

figmentaholic wrote:I have a 4 year old nephew and a 2.5 year old niece (and now, apparently they have another on the way.. man..) and they were originally talking about taking them on a Disney Cruise soon.. but to be honest since there is baby coming, that may change things a lot..
I know it is self centered to say so, but I hope we still find a way to do it.. I dont think I will ever convince my mom or my hubby to go on a Disney cruise with me and I dont wanna go on one by myself, so my nephew and niece are my best chance.. (and getting to spend almost a week with them, being a big kid too? that would be awesome.
That does sound like fun. Even if you have to wait a year or so for the baby to get a few years older, the others will still be little and fun to play with...

Post Reply