Coronado Springs Resort

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Posts: 52
Joined: Feb Fri 06, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Brooklyntown, NY

Coronado Springs Resort

Post by davea61 » Jan Thu 13, 2011 1:16 pm

We are almost ready to book an August stay at the Coronado Springs Resort and I was hoping for your feedback. According to Trip Advisor it's recieving mostly bad reviews. Is it true what they're saying? Should I consider another moderate resort? Any advice you could give would be great.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 1:45 pm

I believe Mousekedude has stayed there twice, one time good and one time bad. Send him a PM and ask him some questions.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 2:13 pm

mindflipper wrote:I believe Mousekedude has stayed there twice, one time good and one time bad. Send him a PM and ask him some questions.
I think boilerbabe stayed there for a few days when she went with her Mom...

trekty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Posts: 135
Joined: Oct Tue 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Wichita, KS
Contact:

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by trekty » Jan Thu 13, 2011 2:28 pm

I've stayed there 3 times, and for me it is a mix of good/bad. Usually the dining is the "bad" none of the resturants at Coronado Springs are run by Disney so the employees are not always polite/attentive. That being said when I was there in December they were more attentive then during my 2008 trip (though several times we saw wait staff at Pepper Market have mini-tantrums while within view of guests. The hotel itself is great, they have recently finished a refurb of all the rooms, and my family enjoys that fact that these are queen size beds (also the floor plan is a bit larger then the other moderate resorts.) For me the good outweighs the "bad", and in all honesty the "bad" isn't that bad. At least in my opinon :)
Nancie
Any day above ground is a good one

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Posts: 74
Joined: Nov Sat 27, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by mkfan1992 » Jan Thu 13, 2011 5:00 pm

I want to give you advice. But honestly, I don't think I would be fair. After mostly staying at the deluxe resorts, I've never been completely satisfied with moderate resorts. I feel like they half-assed themeing in some of them.
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 6:24 pm

mkfan1992 wrote:I want to give you advice. But honestly, I don't think I would be fair. After mostly staying at the deluxe resorts, I've never been completely satisfied with moderate resorts. I feel like they half-assed themeing in some of them.
I wonder what you would think about the value resorts then :shock: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:10 pm

I don't need my resort to be "themed" as much as I need the rooms to be clean, the bed to be in excellent shape, the room to be comfortable, the bathroom to work, and be soundproof enough that I can't hear what is going on in the room next to me.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:33 pm

mindflipper wrote:I don't need my resort to be "themed" as much as I need the rooms to be clean, the bed to be in excellent shape, the room to be comfortable, the bathroom to work, and be soundproof enough that I can't hear what is going on in the room next to me.
You bring up a good point with the soundproofing! We had an alarm clock going off for at least an hour in the next room one day :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by mindflipper » Jan Thu 13, 2011 10:55 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I don't need my resort to be "themed" as much as I need the rooms to be clean, the bed to be in excellent shape, the room to be comfortable, the bathroom to work, and be soundproof enough that I can't hear what is going on in the room next to me.
You bring up a good point with the soundproofing! We had an alarm clock going off for at least an hour in the next room one day :shock:
...and that's preferable to someone who is vomiting all...night...long. :shock: :( It's one of the reasons I try for the moderates over value class resorts.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 418
Joined: Sep Sat 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by Mouseoholic » Jan Thu 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Being so close to Mexico, Coronado Springs was never on our top 10 list of resorts to stay at WDW. On our last trip we wanted to stay at the Boardwalk but could not afford to stay there for our entire trip. So we decided to split our stay in ½ between a Moderate and the Boardwalk. The rates for CSR were a no brainer. I have to say that when we go back and if I can't afford to stat at the Boardwalk again, Coronado is my next choice. The resort was tastefully themed. In the Moderate category, we have stayed at CSR, PORR and WL and while I liked it, I now prefer Coronado. When I last rate shopped, rooms at Coronado were among the cheapest of the moderate resorts. Having stayed at many of the Moderate and Deluxe resorts it seemed to a happy medium between the two. We had a flat screen TV, large counter space in the bathroom as opposed to the pedestal sinks at PORR. The linens were also step up from other moderates. I love the newly refurbished rooms and the Pepper Market Food Court. We did have a bad experience but it was not related to our room as much as it was that we did not get what we were promised. It took them some time to get it all sorted out. Almost everyone who traveled around the same time had rooming issues on WDW property.

Other than the room mix up. We did find the Pepper Market a bit awkward. But I did my homework and knew what to expect so I as not frustrated. We did have to light a fire under the staff a bit but they were friendly. I would not eat there if I was in a hurry unless I could help it. However, the food was good. I think we had quesadillas and hamburgers. We really wanted to try the Rix Lounge but we were too exhausted after spending a day in the park.

Here is a link to the trip report with a few pictures. We have several of the room but no time to post them. I will see if Mousekedude can manage to load some up for you.

I would go for it. I can’t imagine anyone saying it is not worth it. IThe rooms were comfortable and clean. Mousekeeping did an excellent job. The transportation is not too bad. I love the grounds and the many water fountains. The pool is so cool and the staff was for the most part friendly. What more could you ask for? LOL

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. I will do my best to answer them.

Mouseoholic

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 14, 2011 7:16 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:I don't need my resort to be "themed" as much as I need the rooms to be clean, the bed to be in excellent shape, the room to be comfortable, the bathroom to work, and be soundproof enough that I can't hear what is going on in the room next to me.
You bring up a good point with the soundproofing! We had an alarm clock going off for at least an hour in the next room one day :shock:
...and that's preferable to someone who is vomiting all...night...long. :shock: :( It's one of the reasons I try for the moderates over value class resorts.
Ewwww :shock: :( Bleh :( Sounds like someone was partying to hard at Le Cava de Tequila ;) :lol:

davea61
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Posts: 52
Joined: Feb Fri 06, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Brooklyntown, NY

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by davea61 » Jan Fri 14, 2011 7:53 am

Thanks for the replies!! I knew I could count on you all for advice.

Just a few more general questions:

Being that it's such a large resort, can anyone recommend which section to stay in with young kids (ages 16 to 10).
We also have our parent's coming with us (80+). Is there a section that's closer to the main building?

Thanks again.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:You bring up a good point with the soundproofing! We had an alarm clock going off for at least an hour in the next room one day :shock:
...and that's preferable to someone who is vomiting all...night...long. :shock: :( It's one of the reasons I try for the moderates over value class resorts.
Ewwww :shock: :( Bleh :( Sounds like someone was partying to hard at Le Cava de Tequila ;) :lol:
This was a few years back, so I had presumed it was Pleasure Island, which at that time was in its prime.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 14, 2011 1:27 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:You bring up a good point with the soundproofing! We had an alarm clock going off for at least an hour in the next room one day :shock:
...and that's preferable to someone who is vomiting all...night...long. :shock: :( It's one of the reasons I try for the moderates over value class resorts.
Ewwww :shock: :( Bleh :( Sounds like someone was partying to hard at Le Cava de Tequila ;) :lol:
mindflipper wrote:This was a few years back, so I had presumed it was Pleasure Island, which at that time was in its prime.
Probably so :roll:
davea61 wrote:We are almost ready to book an August stay at the Coronado Springs Resort and I was hoping for your feedback. According to Trip Advisor it's recieving mostly bad reviews. Is it true what they're saying? Should I consider another moderate resort? Any advice you could give would be great.
I just realized you are planning on going in August! :shock: Have you been to Florida in August?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: Coronado Springs Resort

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Amy has a point - do you realize what Central Florida is like in August? :shock: :(

Post Reply