Nap-worthy attractions

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Tue 17, 2012 11:32 am

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Amy: never go anywhere without a camera bag. Among its many uses: pillow. :wink:
Ahhhh! I see :D I would have to get a bigger bag :roll: :lol:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:The only problem is that those "seats" are hard plastic! But you can stretch out, and the ride is pretty slow, and flat, so it was great nap time. It was YEARS ago, and we were taking the nephews, one at a time, through the parks. Had each in the camper at Fort Wilderness with us for a week, would trade off for another one, and so forth. Running the same touring plan, three times in a row, for three weeks straight, found the wife and I really looking forward to naps!
Oh my goodness, that would get a little old I would think. Might I ask why you didn't take all three at once? Too much to handle?? Were there enough adults to take the other ones while you had one in the park?
Well, no, actually. Just the wife and I, and we don't have children ourselves. Plus the dynamics of the nephews' personalities made us want to take each individually, in order to make sure each got their own adventure, without being overshadowed by the needs, wants or desires of another (wow - sounds like a psych report...)

We camped in our pop-up, back when the Fort was cheaper. It being summer, and all, we were getting campsites for $29 per night. The missus and I had annual passes that year (that was a GREAT year - any free weekend, and down to Orlando we went) so the most we had to cover was park entry for the 'phews. Good times - repetitive, but fun! :mickey:
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 17, 2012 2:05 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:Well, no, actually. Just the wife and I, and we don't have children ourselves. Plus the dynamics of the nephews' personalities made us want to take each individually, in order to make sure each got their own adventure, without being overshadowed by the needs, wants or desires of another (wow - sounds like a psych report...)

We camped in our pop-up, back when the Fort was cheaper. It being summer, and all, we were getting campsites for $29 per night. The missus and I had annual passes that year (that was a GREAT year - any free weekend, and down to Orlando we went) so the most we had to cover was park entry for the 'phews. Good times - repetitive, but fun! :mickey:
That is great that you were able to take the time to do that. I hope your nephews will realize, once they get older, what a great thing you did for them!

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by figmentaholic » Jan Sat 28, 2012 11:35 am

I am not really an avid camper, but I always wondered what it would be like to camp at Disney. I wonder how many people really take advantage of that.. I dont mean in an RV, that is a s nice as a hotel, I mean like *REAL* camping. in a tent.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 28, 2012 11:43 am

figmentaholic wrote:I am not really an avid camper, but I always wondered what it would be like to camp at Disney. I wonder how many people really take advantage of that.. I dont mean in an RV, that is a s nice as a hotel, I mean like *REAL* camping. in a tent.
Do they even have tent sites anymore??

UncleScrooge477
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 159
Joined: Jan Mon 09, 2012 7:54 pm
Location: Statesboro, Georgia

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by UncleScrooge477 » Jan Sat 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:I am not really an avid camper, but I always wondered what it would be like to camp at Disney. I wonder how many people really take advantage of that.. I dont mean in an RV, that is a s nice as a hotel, I mean like *REAL* camping. in a tent.
Do they even have tent sites anymore??
Yup - two loops, 1500 and 2000, are only partial hook up, designed for tent campers and pop-ups. The rest of Fort Wilderness caters to big rigs - a conversion a few years back was to add pull-through sites, so the bigger rigs did not have to back up into sites anymore.

While we really enjoy staying there, I'm not sure I would call it "real" camping! But it is certainly a Disney experience!

:wave:
UncleScrooge477

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 28, 2012 3:35 pm

UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:I am not really an avid camper, but I always wondered what it would be like to camp at Disney. I wonder how many people really take advantage of that.. I dont mean in an RV, that is a s nice as a hotel, I mean like *REAL* camping. in a tent.
Do they even have tent sites anymore??
Yup - two loops, 1500 and 2000, are only partial hook up, designed for tent campers and pop-ups. The rest of Fort Wilderness caters to big rigs - a conversion a few years back was to add pull-through sites, so the bigger rigs did not have to back up into sites anymore.

While we really enjoy staying there, I'm not sure I would call it "real" camping! But it is certainly a Disney experience!

:wave:
How much is a tent site? I could see my friends doing something like that in order to save money.

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by figmentaholic » Jan Sat 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Yup - two loops, 1500 and 2000, are only partial hook up, designed for tent campers and pop-ups. The rest of Fort Wilderness caters to big rigs - a conversion a few years back was to add pull-through sites, so the bigger rigs did not have to back up into sites anymore.

While we really enjoy staying there, I'm not sure I would call it "real" camping! But it is certainly a Disney experience!

:wave:
How much is a tent site? I could see my friends doing something like that in order to save money.




I was wondering that too, how much the tent sites are. If you or someone else finds out, please tell me! :)
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 29, 2012 8:54 am

Amy wrote:
UncleScrooge477 wrote:
Amy wrote: Yup - two loops, 1500 and 2000, are only partial hook up, designed for tent campers and pop-ups. The rest of Fort Wilderness caters to big rigs - a conversion a few years back was to add pull-through sites, so the bigger rigs did not have to back up into sites anymore.
While we really enjoy staying there, I'm not sure I would call it "real" camping! But it is certainly a Disney experience!
:wave:
How much is a tent site? I could see my friends doing something like that in order to save money.
figmentaholic wrote:I was wondering that too, how much the tent sites are. If you or someone else finds out, please tell me! :)
Well, it looks like the tent sites range from $48 - $81. Not all that inexpensive I guess. I suppose if you really enjoyed camping, then $48 a night during the weekday in the value season would be better than a value resort. There are also sites that allow pets so that is another plus for some guests.
It sounds like it is pretty well off the beaten track as far as catching buses to get to the parks though. Most of the reviews said how much fun the campgrounds are in and of itself though. I think I'll stick to the All Stars ;)
Here's the link to the 4 types of campsites and pricing...http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort ... +-+Weekday

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by figmentaholic » Jan Sun 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:I was wondering that too, how much the tent sites are. If you or someone else finds out, please tell me! :)
Well, it looks like the tent sites range from $48 - $81. Not all that inexpensive I guess. I suppose if you really enjoyed camping, then $48 a night during the weekday in the value season would be better than a value resort. There are also sites that allow pets so that is another plus for some guests.
It sounds like it is pretty well off the beaten track as far as catching buses to get to the parks though. Most of the reviews said how much fun the campgrounds are in and of itself though. I think I'll stick to the All Stars ;)
Here's the link to the 4 types of campsites and pricing...http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort ... +-+Weekday



Ah, thanks for the info! I will pass that on to the people I go to Disney every year with, see what they think about a possible camping trip. :)
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 30, 2012 7:11 am

figmentaholic wrote:
Amy wrote:
figmentaholic wrote:I was wondering that too, how much the tent sites are. If you or someone else finds out, please tell me! :)
Well, it looks like the tent sites range from $48 - $81. Not all that inexpensive I guess. I suppose if you really enjoyed camping, then $48 a night during the weekday in the value season would be better than a value resort. There are also sites that allow pets so that is another plus for some guests.
It sounds like it is pretty well off the beaten track as far as catching buses to get to the parks though. Most of the reviews said how much fun the campgrounds are in and of itself though. I think I'll stick to the All Stars ;)
Here's the link to the 4 types of campsites and pricing...http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort ... +-+Weekday
Ah, thanks for the info! I will pass that on to the people I go to Disney every year with, see what they think about a possible camping trip. :)
I have camped a few times with friends and I always feel so grubby with the smoke from the campfire and all the dirt. I do like nature, but I can't say I would find it relaxing to tent camp while at Disney. :roll:

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by momeja » Feb Sun 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Btw, I think anyone planning to do the 24 hrs. at Disney on Feb. 29 should be taking detailed notes from this thread. :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18466
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 05, 2012 5:12 pm

momeja wrote:Btw, I think anyone planning to do the 24 hrs. at Disney on Feb. 29 should be taking detailed notes from this thread. :lol:
Good idea! :lol:

DemonOfMusic
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 234
Joined: Jan Wed 11, 2012 7:00 pm
Location: Way Too Far From Disney (New Hampshire)

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by DemonOfMusic » Feb Sat 11, 2012 9:20 am

Hall of Presidents. Dark, a long(ish) show, cool, comfy seats... I'm going to try to drag in a pillow next time :)
"They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway..."

The only two places I will ever need to be are Manhattan and Disney World.

mills10
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Motor Boat Cruise Skipper
Posts: 85
Joined: Mar Sun 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by mills10 » Feb Sat 11, 2012 12:21 pm

My favorite ride to rest on is Living with the Land. Nice and relaxing!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Nap-worthy attractions

Post by elizabethswann » Feb Sat 11, 2012 5:58 pm

momeja wrote:Btw, I think anyone planning to do the 24 hrs. at Disney on Feb. 29 should be taking detailed notes from this thread. :lol:
I'm still debating on if I'm going to do that with school being the next day!

Post Reply