The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

What Is Your Favorite Disney Decade?

Late 1950's
2
5%
1960's
2
5%
1970's
7
18%
1980's
18
45%
1990's
7
18%
2000's
2
5%
2010's
2
5%
 
Total votes: 40

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 11:31 am

figmentaholic wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I want to see 80s Epcot... 90s Epcot was okay, but I really want to see the original.

I know, right? If you go, take me with you.
Just let me fire up the TARDIS. :wink:
Image

dstrawn9889
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 839
Joined: Oct Wed 26, 2011 10:00 am
Location: Brava Centauri

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by dstrawn9889 » Jul Sat 07, 2012 9:29 pm

soarin, since you brought it up...which is YOUR Doctor?
Image

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by figmentaholic » Jul Sat 07, 2012 10:06 pm

dstrawn9889 wrote:soarin, since you brought it up...which is YOUR Doctor?

I am not Soarin' but I gotta say #9... :)
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 8:37 am

dstrawn9889 wrote:soarin, since you brought it up...which is YOUR Doctor?
#10. I love David Tennant!! :wink: :D
Image

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by figmentaholic » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:00 am

Soarin08 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:soarin, since you brought it up...which is YOUR Doctor?
#10. I love David Tennant!! :wink: :D


Oh crud.. I meant 10... oops.. I dunno why I had Tennant as 9.. oops.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:17 am

figmentaholic wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:soarin, since you brought it up...which is YOUR Doctor?
#10. I love David Tennant!! :wink: :D


Oh crud.. I meant 10... oops.. I dunno why I had Tennant as 9.. oops.
Most of my friends like Matt Smith as #11.... I think Tennant is adorable.

MOVING BACK ON TOPIC NOW. :lol:
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:21 am

figmentaholic wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
dstrawn9889 wrote:soarin, since you brought it up...which is YOUR Doctor?
#10. I love David Tennant!! :wink: :D
Oh crud.. I meant 10... oops.. I dunno why I had Tennant as 9.. oops.
Soarin08 wrote:Most of my friends like Matt Smith as #11.... I think Tennant is adorable.
MOVING BACK ON TOPIC NOW. :lol:
Oh my goodness...I just promised Len we would be on our best behavior and look what has already happened :shock: The mayhem-o-meter is going to spike and we're going to get the yardstick!! :shock:
I'd love to go to Disney in any decade quite honestly. Just take me there now :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:24 am

Amy wrote:Oh my goodness...I just promised Len we would be on our best behavior and look what has already happened :shock: The mayhem-o-meter is going to spike and we're going to get the yardstick!! :shock:
I'd love to go to Disney in any decade quite honestly. Just take me there now :D
LOL! It's easy to geek out over Doctor Who!!! :mrgreen:
Image

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1283
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:Oh my goodness...I just promised Len we would be on our best behavior and look what has already happened :shock: The mayhem-o-meter is going to spike and we're going to get the yardstick!! :shock:
I'd love to go to Disney in any decade quite honestly. Just take me there now :D
LOL! It's easy to geek out over Doctor Who!!! :mrgreen:
Ah yes you guys are going for the eye candy, actually the best one was Tom Baker the original scarf man.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 10:33 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:Oh my goodness...I just promised Len we would be on our best behavior and look what has already happened :shock: The mayhem-o-meter is going to spike and we're going to get the yardstick!! :shock:
I'd love to go to Disney in any decade quite honestly. Just take me there now :D
LOL! It's easy to geek out over Doctor Who!!! :mrgreen:
Ah yes you guys are going for the eye candy, actually the best one was Tom Baker the original scarf man.
I always go for the eye candy (mostly eye candy with an accent), and boy is it a bad habit of mine... :lol:
Image

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1283
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 11:06 am

Soarin08 wrote:I always go for the eye candy (mostly eye candy with an accent), and boy is it a bad habit of mine... :lol:
What you guys all have accents. :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader
Posts: 2486
Joined: Nov Fri 14, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 08, 2012 11:27 am

Sleepy90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:I always go for the eye candy (mostly eye candy with an accent), and boy is it a bad habit of mine... :lol:
What you guys all have accents. :lol:
ENGLISH accents. :lol: That's what this American is talking about.

Len is going to whack me with that yardstick so hard I might as well prep for it. :mrgreen:
Image

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Posts: 178
Joined: Apr Thu 30, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by DisneySpin » Jul Wed 18, 2012 10:50 am

A nice nostalgia / trivia article:

http://www.travelandleisure.com/article ... al-rides/1

Naturally, many of us have mentioned these rides in the forum.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by Goofyfan » Jul Wed 18, 2012 2:22 pm

I miss "If you had Wings" and Mr. Toads Wild Ride. That was my first time at Disney World. Went down with our High School Band to Parade down Main St. Magic Kingdom was the only park there. Epcot was not there yet. Boy that was in 1976. :shock: :goofy:
Image

cameronwr
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Posts: 17
Joined: Aug Sun 05, 2012 2:53 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Not the Epcot version!)

Re: The Disney Park Decades: If You Could Go Back In Time

Post by cameronwr » Aug Wed 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Right now, we might just be at the start of the Disney renaissance.

Post Reply