Disney "Sounds"

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Wed 16, 2010 8:59 pm

I love the squeaking sound as they start to grab the rubber belt.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Someone mentioned Star Tours...I love the sound of the doors of the simulator opening

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by NaCler » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:44 pm

One that I had forgotten since Dreamfinder died at an early age... Dreamfinder's "idea bag" poof everytime it grabbed something. That was a cool sound I always enjoyed on the ride. At least we can still hear it on the track.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler
Posts: 5382
Joined: Apr Fri 17, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: The land of cheese and beer...

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Speaking of Dreamfinder, I always loved his laugh/giggle.

I love the sound of the seat belts locking into the buckle on Soarin', and in addition to that, at the end of the ride, I really love the sound of everyone's seat belts unlocking at (almost) the same time.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Posts: 3685
Joined: Jun Sat 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by MadEye » Jun Mon 21, 2010 8:18 pm

NaCler wrote:One that I had forgotten since Dreamfinder died at an early age... Dreamfinder's "idea bag" poof everytime it grabbed something. That was a cool sound I always enjoyed on the ride. At least we can still hear it on the track.
Are you referring to the "do do do do do do do *thump*" sound? That is the only way I can portray it on a message board and the only sound I can think of that you are referring to.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Mon 21, 2010 9:27 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Speaking of Dreamfinder, I always loved his laugh/giggle.

I love the sound of the seat belts locking into the buckle on Soarin', and in addition to that, at the end of the ride, I really love the sound of everyone's seat belts unlocking at (almost) the same time.
I love it when the seatbelts un-buckle too. I love hearing all of the ooos and ahhs when the gliders lift into the screen.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2975
Joined: Feb Tue 16, 2010 7:38 am
Location: EXACTLY 160 miles away from the MOUSE

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 22, 2010 6:54 am

MadEye wrote:
NaCler wrote:One that I had forgotten since Dreamfinder died at an early age... Dreamfinder's "idea bag" poof everytime it grabbed something. That was a cool sound I always enjoyed on the ride. At least we can still hear it on the track.
Are you referring to the "do do do do do do do *thump*" sound? That is the only way I can portray it on a message board and the only sound I can think of that you are referring to.
It's what you hear when Dreamfinder mentions an idea and it "goes into the bag." It's kind of a whoomp sound and the electric tube on the bag lights up. I'm going from memory, so it's hard to describe. But you can hear it on the track that is played here.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 22, 2010 7:43 am

Yeah! That is a cool whoompf...more ideas to make into new ones :idea:

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1246
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Contact:

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by MetalRage » Jun Wed 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Another sound I like is the splashing from drops on the water rides. And the sound of the boats going through the water.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5834
Joined: Feb Mon 26, 2007 2:31 am
Location: The land of Fantasy
Contact:

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 23, 2010 5:55 pm

I love the graveyard sounds that come from The Haunted Mansion especially if I hear the howling dog.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Thu 24, 2010 9:57 pm

I love the whole soundtrack for Kilimanjaro safaris, but every time he says "come in simba 1" I cant stop smiling. :D

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Posts: 1246
Joined: Apr Tue 29, 2008 10:12 pm
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Contact:

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by MetalRage » Jun Fri 25, 2010 7:48 pm

northernmousefan2007 wrote:I love the whole soundtrack for Kilimanjaro safaris, but every time he says "come in simba 1" I cant stop smiling. :D
Yes, I love those sounds as well!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18489
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 26, 2010 10:58 am

I like the "ding-a-ling-a-ling-a-ling" that you used to be able to hear on the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine...

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Posts: 380
Joined: Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:53 am
Location: Cornville, Maine

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Sun 27, 2010 12:13 am

Amy wrote:I like the "ding-a-ling-a-ling-a-ling" that you used to be able to hear on the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea submarine...

:D :!: I remember this from when I was really young the first disney experience I ever had.

momeja
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Posts: 1786
Joined: Mar Mon 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: Disney "Sounds"

Post by momeja » Jul Mon 12, 2010 9:26 am

Northernmousefan, I also love the sound of the seatbelts all unbuckling at the end of Soarin'. It's one of those sounds I can "hear" everytime I listen to the Soarin' track. (like this morning)

Post Reply