The return of Captain EO

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 10954
Joined: Sep Sun 06, 2009 8:53 am
Location: 76 Totters Lane

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by mindflipper » Dec Wed 07, 2011 1:11 pm

They haven't packed this awful thing back up in mothballs yet? I was hoping it would be gone before I went to EPCOT in Jan 2012...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 07, 2011 1:14 pm

mindflipper wrote:They haven't packed this awful thing back up in mothballs yet? I was hoping it would be gone before I went to EPCOT in Jan 2012...
Nope, you'll have plenty of time to savor the wonderful Captain EO show ~ kicking and screaming while the other mayhem marauders drag you into the theater ;)

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Tue 13, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm guessing the lisencing for the movie must be cheap considering it entertains tens of people each hour. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I'm guessing the lisencing for the movie must be cheap considering it entertains tens of people each hour. :D
Not far from the truth :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Posts: 5531
Joined: Sep Sat 04, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by Wizzard419 » Dec Tue 13, 2011 8:59 pm

It is simultaneously expensive and cheap (as attractions go) to run since it probably only needs about 4 people to make it function (two in front one in the theater and one at the exit/refilling the trays) but the low number of people going to it make it a black hole of resources.

pixiesparkles
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Posts: 231
Joined: Aug Sun 24, 2008 7:49 am

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by pixiesparkles » Dec Sun 18, 2011 3:20 pm

I am planning a trip to WDW in March, and I am looking forward to seeing Captain EO...I have not seen that show in forever...it will be a trip down memory lane.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 18, 2011 4:40 pm

pixiesparkles wrote:I am planning a trip to WDW in March, and I am looking forward to seeing Captain EO...I have not seen that show in forever...it will be a trip down memory lane.
It definitely takes you back to the 80's!

casrin
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Posts: 919
Joined: Mar Thu 15, 2007 8:12 am
Location: The Dreamport

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by casrin » Dec Wed 21, 2011 9:38 am

pixiesparkles wrote:I am planning a trip to WDW in March, and I am looking forward to seeing Captain EO...I have not seen that show in forever...it will be a trip down memory lane.
Hey, when will you be there? Just curious - I'm going in March too! :goofy_bounce:
-[b]casrin[/b]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~cparkins/images/userbar/userbar487580pb0.gif[/img][/url]

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: The return of Captain EO

Post by Goofyfan » Dec Thu 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:It is simultaneously expensive and cheap (as attractions go) to run since it probably only needs about 4 people to make it function (two in front one in the theater and one at the exit/refilling the trays) but the low number of people going to it make it a black hole of resources.

And three people can be on break at once. :lol: :D :goofy:
Image

Post Reply