Favorite Resort Lobby

In relation to Disney Parks but not specific to a single resort

Moderator: Moderators

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Tue 26, 2012 8:02 pm

No it is just regular rooms. We've stayed there twice I think and love it. We did Riverside this time because it was cheaper for a family of six including a baby for one room there than having to do two rooms at Pop. We love Pop Century, I would describe it as very alive. We loved Riverside too but it was more of a relaxing setting for us which we did enjoy.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 26, 2012 8:13 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:No it is just regular rooms. We've stayed there twice I think and love it. We did Riverside this time because it was cheaper for a family of six including a baby for one room there than having to do two rooms at Pop. We love Pop Century, I would describe it as very alive. We loved Riverside too but it was more of a relaxing setting for us which we did enjoy.
Why is Pop more expensive than the other value resorts then?

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Tue 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:No it is just regular rooms. We've stayed there twice I think and love it. We did Riverside this time because it was cheaper for a family of six including a baby for one room there than having to do two rooms at Pop. We love Pop Century, I would describe it as very alive. We loved Riverside too but it was more of a relaxing setting for us which we did enjoy.
Why is Pop more expensive than the other value resorts then?
I really don't know why. That's weird and worth finding out why. My guess would only be because it has its own bus :D or my husband said maybe cuz it's newer. Very interesting....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Amy » Jun Tue 26, 2012 8:47 pm

mjmcsl4me wrote:
Amy wrote:
mjmcsl4me wrote:No it is just regular rooms. We've stayed there twice I think and love it. We did Riverside this time because it was cheaper for a family of six including a baby for one room there than having to do two rooms at Pop. We love Pop Century, I would describe it as very alive. We loved Riverside too but it was more of a relaxing setting for us which we did enjoy.
Why is Pop more expensive than the other value resorts then?
I really don't know why. That's weird and worth finding out why. My guess would only be because it has its own bus :D or my husband said maybe cuz it's newer. Very interesting....
I had figured it was because it was mostly suites. But that isn't the case as you pointed out. I don't think it having its own bus is that big of a plus. Maybe the being newer is the reason??

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Goofyfan » Jun Tue 26, 2012 9:25 pm

I noticed on our last visit that each of the all star resorts had their own busses. We made comment because when we stayed there years ago, we stayed at the All Star Movies which was the last resort for the busses to arrive at. :cry: :goofy:
Image

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain
Posts: 18491
Joined: Dec Wed 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: the flooded, flooded mitten

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 27, 2012 9:29 am

Goofyfan wrote:I noticed on our last visit that each of the all star resorts had their own busses. We made comment because when we stayed there years ago, we stayed at the All Star Movies which was the last resort for the busses to arrive at. :cry: :goofy:
I think it depends on the time of day. In the morning and evening, I believe each of the All Stars has their own buses, but during the day they will stop at all three.

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Wed 27, 2012 2:27 pm

Goofyfan wrote:I noticed on our last visit that each of the all star resorts had their own busses. We made comment because when we stayed there years ago, we stayed at the All Star Movies which was the last resort for the busses to arrive at. :cry: :goofy:
Wow all star resorts having their own buses that's good to know. Yeah we stayed at All Star Movies a few years back and can understand that frustration of just wanting to get back to your hotel and having the initial shock of the buses stopping by the other resorts first :shock: :lol:

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by mjmcsl4me » Jun Wed 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Amy wrote:
Goofyfan wrote:I noticed on our last visit that each of the all star resorts had their own busses. We made comment because when we stayed there years ago, we stayed at the All Star Movies which was the last resort for the busses to arrive at. :cry: :goofy:
I think it depends on the time of day. In the morning and evening, I believe each of the All Stars has their own buses, but during the day they will stop at all three.
I will have to check with my memory (i.e. my husband) but I believe when we stayed at All Star Movies we went to the other resorts at nighttime...interesting how they do things

figmentaholic
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover
Posts: 1546
Joined: Dec Wed 31, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC (Formerly Orlando, FL)

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by figmentaholic » Jul Sun 01, 2012 7:03 pm

My favorite lobby BY FAR had to be the Wilderness Lodge. We were not staying there, but we were meeting there for some reason. I don't even remember why. But walking into that grand, multistory high all wood atrium.. it.. literally took my breath away. I took two steps in the lobby, ran back to my car and got the camera, and then came back to take pics just because it was so amazing.
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3377/3256433787_87963f58e0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x147/sandwich_boy_photos/epcot.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/figment.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://www.dansmith.ca/userbars/userbars/dreamfinder-fan.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3386/3256432811_caa1112463.jpg[/img][/url]

mkfan1992
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Posts: 74
Joined: Nov Sat 27, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by mkfan1992 » Aug Fri 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Wilderness Lodge without a doubt. There is so much breath-taking detail to take in from floor to ceiling.
Cast a spell of light, glimmering, shimmering, CAROUSELING!

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Posts: 101
Joined: Aug Thu 02, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Chuckus95 » Aug Sun 05, 2012 8:41 am

AKL Jambo House
Image

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Posts: 568
Joined: Mar Thu 01, 2007 12:36 pm
Location: Manchester, NH

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Aug Sun 05, 2012 10:36 am

Chuckus95 wrote:AKL Jambo House
Absolutely amazing lobby. We stayed at Kidani Village this past February and loved every minute of it. The fact that basically everything is under one roof is incredible. 2 restaurants (or 3, i don't remember), a really cool bar that looks over one of the restaurants, the savannah and countless other goodies. I was so used to Old Key West Resort that stepping in to that place just blew my mind. (also the atmospheric tribal music was great)
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

mjmcsl4me
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Posts: 337
Joined: Jan Tue 18, 2011 11:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by mjmcsl4me » Aug Sun 05, 2012 2:15 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:
Chuckus95 wrote:AKL Jambo House
Absolutely amazing lobby. We stayed at Kidani Village this past February and loved every minute of it. The fact that basically everything is under one roof is incredible. 2 restaurants (or 3, i don't remember), a really cool bar that looks over one of the restaurants, the savannah and countless other goodies. I was so used to Old Key West Resort that stepping in to that place just blew my mind. (also the atmospheric tribal music was great)
Wow this place sounds amazing! Going to have to look up some pics.

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul Sun 31, 2011 7:40 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by Goofyfan » Aug Sun 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Thats one lobby that we have not seen....will have to take a look on our next visit. :goofy:
Image

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Posts: 2833
Joined: Jan Fri 21, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Greenwood, IN

Re: Favorite Resort Lobby

Post by cy1229 » Aug Sun 05, 2012 5:18 pm

We're going to eat at Boma on our next trip, I'll have to try to snap some pics.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Post Reply